Tuners?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
Honestly, Coyote Chase, you've got 3 options.

1. Ford Performance engine tune. This is the least HP, but also the least expensive and it keeps your warranty (if you have one).

2. Use an SCT (or similar) tuner yourself. Unless you really know what you're doing, I think this is an easy way to make a mistake that costs an engine.

3. Use Adam Brunson (Tune +) or Ryan Martin (PD-Tuning), who are both good aftermarket tuners. You can Google search them. They will recommend a list of upgrades and then do custom engine mapping for your car. I work with Ryan, and I fully recommend his work.

This is the more expensive route and it voids your warranty. It's also the only way you can really optimize your package. This will unquestionably produce the best power results and I personally believe it's the safer option for your engine. They start with a very mild (stock) tune and you have to send data back and forth for them to evaluate. They'll add power incrementally until it meets your goals.

The chips and pedal commander things are bullshit in my opinion. There's just no way they provide the same level of anything that proper engine mapping does.
Sponsored

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
BTW, premium gas is a big deal. The higher the octane rating, the more boost & spark the computer will feed in. If you've been running 87 or 89, it will take a couple tanks before the computer learns what it can get away with, so don't just fill up and expect a different car.

If you get any engine tune, you'll want to be on premium all the time.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Honestly, Coyote Chase, you've got 3 options.

3. Use Adam Brunson (Tune +)
Adam (tune+) tuned my RS - it's completely stock except for the 93 tune which resulted in an ~ 50 hp, 50 tq. jump. No problems in over 50K miles on the tune. He knows how to tune ecoboost 4s.

Coyote Chase

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2010/2018 Mustang
I have never used one, but I know a few guys that have used them on their diesel trucks and claim that they made an improvement in power/torque.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Adam (tune+) tuned my RS - it's completely stock except for the 93 tune which resulted in an ~ 50 hp, 50 tq. jump. No problems in over 50K miles on the tune. He knows how to tune ecoboost 4s.
The scouting report on Adam is he can be difficult to work with, but is very good technically.

I've had exchanges with him that I thought were perfectly fine. He's direct and that tends to piss people off.

Sponsored

ANS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
The scouting report on Adam is he can be difficult to work with, but is very good technically.

I've had exchanges with him that I thought were perfectly fine. He's direct and that tends to piss people off.
I agree with this. Adam is not a great host to customers but he knows a significant amount about the ecoboost platform. I would also recommend stratified automotive controls out of Canada. They are very professional.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I agree with this. Adam is not a great host to customers but he knows a significant amount about the ecoboost platform. I would also recommend stratified automotive controls out of Canada. They are very professional.
He was not good customer service when I bought items off him. But like they said he’s good at his job

my kit had missing items I bought off him, wouldn’t even talk to me. Told me go to vendor

the vendor got me the items

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE

Yeah - that's probably why he wants to communicate by email. That said - he sent my tune, instructed me clearly on how to data log, I emailed the data logs and he confirmed all was good. All done promptly and emails responded to promptly. And I loved seeing the engine TQ # in the data log that went up to 405.

Also, when I had a question about my CEL, he correctly opined the purge valve/solenoid/umm..something was broke. Replied in <24h and replacing it under warranty fixed the problem.

My experience was good.
Sponsored