Thank you, appreciate the comments!

MEGUSTA!
Sponsored

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Mustang Stock- 13.64@100 1/4 mile
I posted my review in my own individual thread. But will add it here as well.

So everything was finalized this morning with Adam. I figured I would do a 2 part review. One basically on the car performance and one with dealing with Adam personally.

So First let's start with Adam himself. The reviews you all read are not hyped up. Adam is fantastic to work with. Works quickly, gives feedback on EVERY question asked, and lord knows I asked a bunch. He is extremely patient, and I emphasize this because I made several mistakes early on in the process with the logs. And he patiently reiterated his instructions and I followed them. And for that I want to thank Adam personally because I understand how easily frustrating it may have been from his side.

Part 2 (The Tune+ 93 vs Cobb OTS Stage 1):
I've had the tune on the car since last Friday, so essentially I've had 4 days to drive the car. I've not actually done a run in my car since it was cooler out here in Texas, literally about 3 months. So Yesterday I decided to do a comparison between the 2 in the 90+ degree weather of Houston, TX. So Cobb Stage 1 0-60 in the heat was 5.6. I just could not get any better with the car (it's previous best in the winter time was 5 flat). I did the 1/4 mile in about 14 flat at 98-99mph (did 2 runs). So obviously first thing I learned here is how much heat REALLY affects a turbo car (this is my first turbo car). So next I load Adam's 93 tune back into the car. Very first 0-60 was 5.3 seconds. I was able to repeat that number 3 times in a row. Now for the 1/4 mile. Car did a 13.6 at 102 on the track app. Basically I have to relearn how to launch the car. I initially told Adam the car felt "weak" when launching. And as he asked me to explain it occured to me I was really just feeling the difference in the tunes. Cobb basically rushes all the power at one time and it just falls off from there. Adam's tune has a MUCH MUCH smoother application of power, and the car pulls STRONG all the way until I shift at 6000rpm. So my actual opinion is that I need to work on ME launching the car. Because as crazy as it sounds, I have more power but the car is easier to launch.

Over all I am very pleased as I know when it cools back down I will see another big gain in power and expect the car to gain another 3-4mph trap speed. I will for sure keep dealing with Adam for all my tuning purposes and consulting as far as what path to take with mods on the car. So again Thank you Adam for a great first experience with a tuner. Definitely look forward to continuing to work and learn from you as I

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
Appreciate the feedback.

Black_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Black PP Ecoboost
I posted my review in my own individual thread. But will add it here as well.

So everything was finalized this morning with Adam. I figured I would do a 2 part review. One basically on the car performance and one with dealing with Adam personally.

So First let's start with Adam himself. The reviews you all read are not hyped up. Adam is fantastic to work with. Works quickly, gives feedback on EVERY question asked, and lord knows I asked a bunch. He is extremely patient, and I emphasize this because I made several mistakes early on in the process with the logs. And he patiently reiterated his instructions and I followed them. And for that I want to thank Adam personally because I understand how easily frustrating it may have been from his side.

Part 2 (The Tune+ 93 vs Cobb OTS Stage 1):
I've had the tune on the car since last Friday, so essentially I've had 4 days to drive the car. I've not actually done a run in my car since it was cooler out here in Texas, literally about 3 months. So Yesterday I decided to do a comparison between the 2 in the 90+ degree weather of Houston, TX. So Cobb Stage 1 0-60 in the heat was 5.6. I just could not get any better with the car (it's previous best in the winter time was 5 flat). I did the 1/4 mile in about 14 flat at 98-99mph (did 2 runs). So obviously first thing I learned here is how much heat REALLY affects a turbo car (this is my first turbo car). So next I load Adam's 93 tune back into the car. Very first 0-60 was 5.3 seconds. I was able to repeat that number 3 times in a row. Now for the 1/4 mile. Car did a 13.6 at 102 on the track app. Basically I have to relearn how to launch the car. I initially told Adam the car felt "weak" when launching. And as he asked me to explain it occured to me I was really just feeling the difference in the tunes. Cobb basically rushes all the power at one time and it just falls off from there. Adam's tune has a MUCH MUCH smoother application of power, and the car pulls STRONG all the way until I shift at 6000rpm. So my actual opinion is that I need to work on ME launching the car. Because as crazy as it sounds, I have more power but the car is easier to launch.

Over all I am very pleased as I know when it cools back down I will see another big gain in power and expect the car to gain another 3-4mph trap speed. I will for sure keep dealing with Adam for all my tuning purposes and consulting as far as what path to take with mods on the car. So again Thank you Adam for a great first experience with a tuner. Definitely look forward to continuing to work and learn from you as I

I'm curious on this part 2. It makes me wonder how accurate the track app on our cars actually is. Reason I say that is b/c with all your mods, esp having the tune and ic that your 1/4 time was 13.6 at 102. I know you mentioned something about launching and don't know if you had trouble there, but I ran bone stock at the track and hit 13.8 at 100 and have the PP manual. It just doesn't make sense b/c I know with your mods there should def be a bigger difference than .2.

bestbacon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB 2015 Mustang DIB
Here to provide another brief review of my experience with Adam's tune+ service. I did not specify what I would like in terms of tuning so I left it up to Adam. Tunes revisions were sent daily after providing log files. After 4 revisions and about a month of driving I can honestly say that compared to the old Cobb OTS stage 1 that WOT runs are in fact faster. Maybe this is from Adam's WGA , but I seem to hold more boost for a bigger chunk of the rpm band. I feel as if Adam also likes to tune cars to be able to have fuel economy and power. I am reminded when I do WOT of something similar to VTEC, where I suddenly get a surge of torque albeit at a much lower rpm. I can report MPG has actually seen an increase when driving normally compared to the old Cobb maps regardless of which of the 5 selectable modes I was in.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
I'm curious on this part 2. It makes me wonder how accurate the track app on our cars actually is. Reason I say that is b/c with all your mods, esp having the tune and ic that your 1/4 time was 13.6 at 102. I know you mentioned something about launching and don't know if you had trouble there, but I ran bone stock at the track and hit 13.8 at 100 and have the PP manual. It just doesn't make sense b/c I know with your mods there should def be a bigger difference than .2.
My car ran 11.60 at the track awhile ago, and track apps said 12.9 lol. That should give you an idea on how accurate it is.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The 13.6 at 102 was also in 94 degree weather with a ton of humidity, and was also the very first full 1/4 mile run on the car with the completed tune. I went out this past Tuesday at night when it was a little cooler 83 degrees, and less humid, also car had more time to adjust to the tune. Completely different feel, car went 104mph, which given the time of year here where I live is about where I figured it would be. As far as my using the track app, I doubt it's that accurate. It's just a tool that I could use to compare the 2 tunes side by side. For reference at the track I ran 13.6 at 100 bone stock when it was 53 degrees out and negative DA. I've not been back since. I am confident as the car sits now mod wise, with adam's tune I could run a 12 on stock tires when it cools down. But Adam was right when he said I need better tires to really make use of his tune. Because I'm stuck between the car bogging slightly and spinning with my stock all seasons. I could easily launch this car at 2400rpm with about 3psi of boost if I had some wider summer rubber on the back.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Here to provide another brief review of my experience with Adam's tune+ service. I did not specify what I would like in terms of tuning so I left it up to Adam. Tunes revisions were sent daily after providing log files. After 4 revisions and about a month of driving I can honestly say that compared to the old Cobb OTS stage 1 that WOT runs are in fact faster. Maybe this is from Adam's WGA , but I seem to hold more boost for a bigger chunk of the rpm band. I feel as if Adam also likes to tune cars to be able to have fuel economy and power. I am reminded when I do WOT of something similar to VTEC, where I suddenly get a surge of torque albeit at a much lower rpm. I can report MPG has actually seen an increase when driving normally compared to the old Cobb maps regardless of which of the 5 selectable modes I was in.
Is the torque increase noticable at part throttle or is this only at wot?

Juben

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang (AT) w/PP
That's what I've always liked about Adam's tune. It feels dialed in throughout the rpm/load range. It doesn't feel lethargic like stock then become a racecar when you mash on it. It feels much more solid in any driving situation than stock or even the Cobb OTS S1.

Sponsored

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
It feels like this is what the ecoboost should be like off the assembly line. If so I think they would get so much more respect.

apx632

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Adam's tune is much more linear power wise. Power comes in nicely and pulls all the way til I shift at 6000rpm. Cobb gives everything down low just like the car does stock just with more power and falls off up top. I've ridden also in a e30 car adam tuned, same type of power delivery just quite a bit more of it.

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
That's what I've always liked about Adam's tune. It feels dialed in throughout the rpm/load range. It doesn't feel lethargic like stock then become a racecar when you mash on it. It feels much more solid in any driving situation than stock or even the Cobb OTS S1.
Agreed. The powerband is so predictable.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Maybe Adam can chime in.

Which fuel will make more power E30 or 93 +RGC?
Depends on the setup? Stock turbo or Upgraded turbo? You will run out of fuel with E30, where 93+RGA will not.

OkieCory

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang EcoBoost 50 Ani
Howdy all... First turbo owner here.. And new to modding really... Thanks to everyone on the forums for all the info. Had kept me busy for hours with all be reading...

Adam,

Shot you an email with some questions... Probably lots of questions... Ready to buy just wanted some feed back! Looking forward to the fun everyone seems to be having with these cars. ;)
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.