Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Automatic
First, thanks for the update. Good to see progress being made...good to see you're failing, identifying the issues, and correcting accordingly...awesome R&D.

What you're telling me, though, is that if I want that idle I need to go to 100% port injection? ;)
You want what idle?

I haven't even tested my port injection kit yet, I still have to wire up the ECU.
Sponsored

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Update: 4/12/16

Sorry for the LONG delay in getting an update. I went to Florida, had a good time, met some customers and got about 2-3 runs in. Unfortunately my power/torque curve was too much for the 26" 275 MT ET STREET SS. I went 1.95 60ft, spun all the way through 2nd and part of 3rd. I went 11.6 @ 120.45mph. So, I had a 10 second pass MPH but no traction. This was also done with 150° charge air temps, the car was fighting timing the whole time.

So here are the following changes I made since:

Mickey Thompson ET Street R's 305/45/17 - From Juggernaut Power
Everything STEEDA makes for the rear suspension - From STEEDA (Obviously)
GForce Axles - From Juggernaut Power

I also got some recommended suspension settings from Team Z Motorsports

Also, I have swapped out the turbo for a 7670EFR from the 7163EFR. The 7163 is an AWESOME turbo, spools insanely fast and makes great power. However I'm looking for intentional slower spool, and MORE power. To combat some of limitations I reached with MS109 fuel (knock with high charge air temp) I have upgraded the intercooler to a new core from Full-Race (the core I was using was a one off and was untested, it failed). The new core is 4.5" thick, so it's going to work MUCH better. I have also converted over to 100% E85 which I will be using my car as the test bed for my soon to be released E85 Conversion kit. 100% port injection with a stand alone ECU.

So, new engine setup

TUNE+ Port Injection Fuel System for E85
Microsquirt MS3-Pro ECU
Full-Race Twin Scroll Turbo Kit with 7670EFR
Turbosmart BOV block off plate for EFR
Turbosmart Race Port BOV on Cold Side Charge Pipe
Can't wait to see what you're running with the Steeda goodies installed! :cheers:

m4udin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost
What are you running from Steeda besides the Stop the Hop kit? I have the kit plus thinking of getting that drag rear sway bar if not just their rear sway bar.

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
What are you running from Steeda besides the Stop the Hop kit? I have the kit plus thinking of getting that drag rear sway bar if not just their rear sway bar.
I have the following:

Subframe Braces
Frame Alignment Kit
Vertical Links
Adjustable Toe Links

Looking to add their springs as well, waiting to hear back from STEEDA!

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Update: 4/20/16

Been speaking with Velgen wheels to get some wheels on the car for Mustang Week, SEMA, and just meet and greets. I am a big fan of their wheels on the S550 Mustang.

They came in BIG and hooked it up on a set of VMB5's in Matte Silver. I did 20x10.5 in the back, and 20x9 in the front.

Can't wait to get some STEEDA springs on the car, and some tires for these wheels, the car is going to look SICK!

Here are a few pictures from a Mustang meet I went to last week. The car got a TON of attention and all the GT guys were impressed.

Currently for the engine just waiting on the new 3.5" intake from Full-Race to fit the new turbo (currently using the 3" intake for the 7163EFR kit), and need to wire up the Microsquirt EMS system. Then it's E85 time!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Looking good Adam!

Velgen

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT

Been speaking with Velgen wheels to get some wheels on the car for Mustang Week, SEMA, and just meet and greets. I am a big fan of their wheels on the S550 Mustang.

They came in BIG and hooked it up on a set of VMB5's in Matte Silver. I did 20x10.5 in the back, and 20x9.5 in the front.

Can't wait to get some STEEDA springs on the car, and some tires for these wheels, the car is going to look SICK!

Here are a few pictures from a Mustang meet I went to last week. The car got a TON of attention and all the GT guys were impressed.

Currently for the engine just waiting on the new 3.5" intake from Full-Race to fit the new turbo (currently using the 3" intake for the 7163EFR kit), and need to wire up the Microsquirt EMS system. Then it's E85 time!
Can't wait to see them on the car and see this beast in person :headbang:

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang

They came in BIG and hooked it up on a set of VMB5's in Matte Silver. I did 20x10.5 in the back, and 20x9.5 in the front.

Can't wait to get some STEEDA springs on the car, and some tires for these wheels, the car is going to look SICK

Here are a few pictures from a Mustang meet I went to last week. The car got a TON of attention and all the GT guys were impressed

How does your CFM breather sit soo low with the engine cover not on the car? That extension piece on the oil fill must be removeable?

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
How does your CFM breather sit soo low with the engine cover not on the car? That extension piece on the oil fill must be removeable?
Yes, and it will be gone in about 15 minutes. I actually threw the CFM part in the garbage and just put the filter on the factory plastic piece. I have a Boomba oil cap that came in today that will be going on. I have enough crankcase ventilation. You see my catch can setup? HAHA!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Update: 5/9/16 - TUNE+ E85 Conversion Kit

Converted the car to straight E85 (no mixing) and started doing some preliminary tuning/testing on my E85 Conversion Kit.

DSC_0028_a627a310-f77b-4df0-a5df-0b286fddf473.jpg

Features and Options:
  • Top Feed Port Injection Rail System
  • Available in stock turbo (light sauce) and big turbo (extra sauce)
  • Will Support up to 1000whp
  • 100% Ethanol safe components
  • Comes standard with Split Second fuel controller, but Microsquirt is an option for immense fuel control and blending from ethanol content sensor blending
  • Includes everything needed to install, unlike the incomplete kits on the market. Will also come with a mounting plate for the below options if they are added
  • Optional Bluetooth Ethanol Content Sensor that will display your fuels ethanol content to your phone or tablet
  • Optional Inline Fuel Filter

Picture below shows the prototype system. From the picture the following will be changed:

-Line and fitting routing
-Mounting plate (will be 3D printed when finalized)
-Mounting Hardware

Initial results, which based on the many other cars I have tuned should put me right around 500whp.

13123151_10205744747408491_3135947142156118243_o.jpg

OP
OP
Tune+

Tune+

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)

Billy1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
So does this mean we are now going to see a 1000 hp Ecoboost?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.