TSB 22-2464 (Engine Misfire) Completed By Dealership

Mach1Kid96

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trent
Vehicle(s)
2022 Race Red Mach 1 700A w/ HP
Good evening everyone! Just wanted to make a post documenting a recent TSB I had done on my Mach 1, in hope someone can use it to fix their vehicle.

This issue occurred with the car on a factory tune, with the odometer reading roughly 20290 miles.

On April 16, 2024 I stopped at a gas station and filled up my tank with 93 octane (the tank had less than 50 miles in it). After filling up and driving for about 10 minutes, I went to downshift the car and could hear/feel the RPMs not rev-match like they should.
As soon as I let the clutch out and gave the car some throttle, I could easily feel a misfire.
The check engine light illuminated solid, and the engine started getting very rough. I was about 1 minute from my house, so I slowed down and kept driving.
The check engine light then started flashing, indicating a very bad misfire and potential damage to the cats due to unburnt fuel. This was confirmed by my AFR numbers on the dash; when giving the throttle, my AFR sat around 15 or 16 which is highly abnormal.
Once I got home, I grabbed the codes off the PCM and found 2 pending codes: P0303 and P0303-00, both indicating a misfire on cylinder 3.
I was worried I had just put an entire tank of bad fuel in the car.

On April 17, 2024 I was able to have my local Ford dealer take the car in when they opened. Within a few hours, the car was back in my possession. The service advisor said when the techs grabbed the codes this time, they had the codes: P0302, P0300, P0316 in the PCM. These are all misfire-related codes. After taking note of the issues, engine, and year, they found TSB 22-2464. This TSB was for the PCM software (which can cause the misfire & misfire codes).
The fix was to reflash the PCM software (I assume with the fix implemented in it by Ford).
Afterwards, the tech test drove the car for a few miles to confirm the fix and all was well! They also confirmed that the fuel was not to blame and it was a bad coincidence.

The car is back to normal since the fix.

To summarize -
Issue: Solid/flashing check engine light, rough idle, rough engine, weak rev-match, decreased engine power, misfire.
Related codes: P0303, P0303-00, P0302, P0300, P0316.
Solution: TSB 22-2464 completed by local Ford dealership. Fix took less than 8 hours to complete.
Sponsored