Sponsored

Trunk LEDs illumination MOD

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
I used some AMP Superseal contact I had in house to make the connection. Link for example : http://www.ebay.com/itm/10pcs-AMP-S...026925?hash=item3ab151bbed:g:89MAAOxydB1SnJr0

I crimp the AMP Superseal contacts to the cables that cames with the LED stripe, then plugged everything together. And yes, then just maked a continuous loop using lengths of LED strip and the solderless connectors together.

Isolated everything with electrical tape :

And hide everything in the OEM hole in the 'roof' :

Sponsored

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A good info for all the LED lovers :)

Guys,

I thought it'll be good to share what I found with all of you. I know some of you (and in particulary me) are asking what kind of LED stripe will have the more efficient light output.

I Found this nice specification sheet and it says, that the best to choice is the 7020 model :

Now, it exists a new version : 8520 :eyebulge:

That means, even more light output, so this will be the brightest LED stripe on the market.

Here's a link : http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-16ft-5M...149948?hash=item2110e1bbfc:g:SckAAOSwQupXVf4L

Cheers:cheers:

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EcoBoost MT Race Red EURO - NO MORE
I called my trunk "a concert stage" but now you want to raise the bar and call your "the Sun" :D
You can also find some high density led strips that have 600 leds per 5 meters instead of 300.

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
..and then you need sunglasses when opening trhe trunk :D

Sponsored

MakStang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cellentis.uk
First Name
Makis
Vehicle(s)
A 2017 miraculous little beast
:lol: You guys are amazing :lol:

Voodoo077

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang EB 2016, BMW F11 M kit 2013, Seat Ateca 2017, Volvo T8 2019
Guys, been reading this topic with a lot of interest ... then started thinking ...
opened my trunk 3 times since I have the car. First time when I picked it up to see what was inside. Second time at last Lux event to put in a thing I bought from another member and then a few weeks ago a last time to take this out and install it.
At that moment I also changed the basic light with a brighter LED.

These lights cool but I ask myself is it worth the trouble when you will hardly see it??

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guys, been reading this topic with a lot of interest ... then started thinking ...
opened my trunk 3 times since I have the car. First time when I picked it up to see what was inside. Second time at last Lux event to put in a thing I bought from another member and then a few weeks ago a last time to take this out and install it.
At that moment I also changed the basic light with a brighter LED.

These lights cool but I ask myself is it worth the trouble when you will hardly see it??
You'll not run into trouble during the installation. If you buy all the stuff as I did, it's really plug&play on the car.

If you really never open the trunk, I think it's not worth spending your time into this. In my case, I really often open it, so the light upgrade is really great. Especially in winter use as it's getting dark really fast at the end of the day :D

OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)
Well, it all depends on your use of the car.
Since I use it for all my needs, including weekly shopping for family, I use the trunk very often and this mod is really handy. I probably open the trunk once per day :)
After all installing a led strip is really easy and fast, so... why not :D

Sponsored
OP
OP
papinist

papinist

The Italian Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stefano
Vehicle(s)