Sponsored

Trucks, Trains and Mustangs...

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Since my HEP R is sitting at the rail yard and awaiting truck transport to the dealership, and after seeing that Speed Phenom’s CFTP GT500 arrived with 22 miles on the clock, I have been wondering what the protocols for maintenance of our cars are at the rail yards.

Are the keys locked away in such a fashion that’s they are time-tracked?.. i.e., can someone log the keys in/out of confinement? Just wonder if any joy rides have occurred at the rail yard or prior to loading of the cars, and if the shipping we pay for allows for any monitoring of behaviors of the gatekeepers.

Joy rides could account for possible engine failures since they break-in period would be violated.

Not accusing... just inquisitive.
If you think about the logistics chain from factory to rail to truck to dealer, there really isn't a place where a vehicle can be taken for a joy ride. Rail yards, for all their size, aren't big enough to run up 22 miles without attracting attention from security, and taking a vehicle off the lot would be theft, in which case there's no point in bringing it back to continue its journey.
Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
If you think about the logistics chain from factory to rail to truck to dealer, there really isn't a place where a vehicle can be taken for a joy ride. Rail yards, for all their size, aren't big enough to run up 22 miles without attracting attention from security, and taking a vehicle off the lot would be theft, in which case there's no point in bringing it back to continue its journey.
I hear ya, but there are all kinds of stories on the internet like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...ort-driver-allegedly-joy-rides-in-9539126.php

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Ugh! Exactly what I thought.

let me pose this, not as a conspiracist, but rather as a realist... if you had GT350’s and GT500s, GT PPs and other high performance Fords (Raptors, Focus RS, etc) showing up at your exchange and they were sitting there for days, would you not be “tempted” for a quick joy ride and learn how to cover your tracks?
I feel like the best way would be to use some sort of unique tape around the door so that it is easily distinguishable if someone opened it after it left the factory. The Army does that and it works pretty well lol

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
I feel like the best way would be to use some sort of unique tape around the door so that it is easily distinguishable if someone opened it after it left the factory. The Army does that and it works pretty well lol
Lol, well don’t let me as USAF counter Army’s efforts to keep us apprised of nefarious activities. Lol

lonegunman

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
My car had 90 miles on it when I purchased it. The dealer was up front, it had been stored off site over the winter and was on display at the local fair (roped off, no fondling) it was a small town Ford dealer.

I questioned the 1.5g right turn on the accelerometer and they happily had the mechanic go over everything for me. No issues and according to the computer it had never been flogged.

Anyway, 4,100 miles later its flawlesss with zero issues. I'm betting your last day working at the rail yard is the day you flog customers property.

Sponsored

JAJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I hear ya, but there are all kinds of stories on the internet like this:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ch...ort-driver-allegedly-joy-rides-in-9539126.php
That was a used car being shipped by the owner, not a new car being shipped by the manufacturer.

As for special tape on the doors, the cars are driven onto and off of the various transport vehicles, so they get started and run several times on their journey. They wouldn't get off the factory's own lot with the tape intact.

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
one of my friends worked at a huge transport yard for new cars and he would tell me about the new cars that he and others would sometimes beat the snot of driving them up to the front to be loaded onto the car carriers. my local dealer offered to buy my 19R and sell me his GT500 for 10k over sticker car has 15 miles on it its race red with white stripes. There is another one about 50 miles away from me and it has 65 miles on it. someone purchased it and financing fell through making it an Unwind car. to me that's a USED car but dealer says nope still new LoL
Sponsored

Last edited: