Sponsored

Trucks, Trains and Mustangs...

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1971 429CJ Mach 1, 2012 Boss 302
Since my HEP R is sitting at the rail yard and awaiting truck transport to the dealership, and after seeing that Speed Phenom’s CFTP GT500 arrived with 22 miles on the clock, I have been wondering what the protocols for maintenance of our cars are at the rail yards.

Are the keys locked away in such a fashion that’s they are time-tracked?.. i.e., can someone log the keys in/out of confinement? Just wonder if any joy rides have occurred at the rail yard or prior to loading of the cars, and if the shipping we pay for allows for any monitoring of behaviors of the gatekeepers.

Joy rides could account for possible engine failures since they break-in period would be violated.

Not accusing... just inquisitive.
Sponsored

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
Since my HEP R is sitting at the rail yard and awaiting truck transport to the dealership, and after seeing that Speed Phenom’s CFTP GT500 arrived with 22 miles on the clock, I have been wondering what the protocols for maintenance of our cars are at the rail yards.

Are the keys locked away in such a fashion that’s they are time-tracked?.. i.e., can someone log the keys in/out of confinement? Just wonder if any joy rides have occurred at the rail yard or prior to loading of the cars, and if the shipping we pay for allows for any monitoring of behaviors of the gatekeepers.

Joy rides could account for possible engine failures since they break-in period would be violated.

Not accusing... just inquisitive.
22 miles wow thats kinda high, mine had only 5 miles.

As to your questions, I can't really add much other than I believe Ford would have security protocols in place to prevent that stuff from happening, but I've seen my fair share of crazy shit happen so it would be naïve to believe it wouldn't.

sox3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT 350 Performance Blue
I beleive the cars computer is put into transport mode prior to shipping the car. This limits the power and other functions. Dealer will remove this via computer during pre delivery. I am sure someone will correct me if wrong. Saw a thread on this somewhere.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
I beleive the cars computer is put into transport mode prior to shipping the car. This limits the power and other functions. Dealer will remove this via computer during pre delivery. I am sure someone will correct me if wrong. Saw a thread on this somewhere.
Yes, I have watched several YouTube videos of people taking delivery of their car as soon as it gets off the transport and the mechanic walking them through the various button pushing sequence and pedal stomps to get it out of transport mode.

racingandfishing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, I have watched several YouTube videos of people taking delivery of their car as soon as it gets off the transport and the mechanic walking them through the various button pushing sequence and pedal stomps to get it out of transport mode.
So then if you can just youtube it and take it out of transport mode, I guess the check would be to make sure it is in transport mode when it arrives?

Sponsored

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, I’ve seen transport modes vids as well, but who’s to say “every” car comes off in transport mode... is the dealer tech the ONLY person to know how to activate/deactivate transport mode?

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
The 22 miles SP had n his 500 upon delivery really shocked him as it would me. Their was talk about Ford pulling certain cars off the line and running them for quality control purposes. It would be nice to know if this actually does happen.
That said, as I remember SP‘s video showed max G forces for his car upon delivery. I’d maybe check that before you sign on the dotted line.

V8 Voodoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F-150 XLT 5.0 V8
Yes, I’ve seen transport modes vids as well, but who’s to say “every” car comes off in transport mode... is the dealer tech the ONLY person to know how to activate/deactivate transport mode?
I just talked to my friend who is a Quik Lane Manager. He said that a vehicle that has been taken out of transport mode can be put back into transport mode with a Forscan tool. He is unaware of any way to check to see if the car has been taken out of transport mode and put back in.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just talked to my friend who is a Quik Lane Manager. He said that a vehicle that has been taken out of transport mode can be put back into transport mode with a Forscan tool. He is unaware of any way to check to see if the car has been taken out of transport mode and put back in.
Ugh! Exactly what I thought.

let me pose this, not as a conspiracist, but rather as a realist... if you had GT350’s and GT500s, GT PPs and other high performance Fords (Raptors, Focus RS, etc) showing up at your exchange and they were sitting there for days, would you not be “tempted” for a quick joy ride and learn how to cover your tracks?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 GT350R, 2020 Explorer ST
Their was talk about Ford pulling certain cars off the line and running them for quality control purposes. It would be nice to know if this actually does happen.
I remember decades ago that I would occasionally find an “Inspected By ???” label inside the packaging of rugged steel toe footwear that I purchased regularly. Not every package had the label. I asked my brother about this irregularity as he was/is in manufacturing. His response was that the plant most likely used random sampling of the product prior to delivery as part of a quality improvement process. Just my 2cents.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
I've had three past GT500's before getting my 19 GT350. Two of my ordered GT500's were "pulled" for testing before being shipped from the factory and had about fifteen miles on them. On one there was a window sticker indicating it had been driven a few miles for quality control evaluation. The other didn't. I understand the OP's concerns but I also know it's unlikely that a "performance car" is taken for a joy ride at these rail yard holding areas. They are quite secure and there are numerous rules and regulations in place. I wouldn't worry about it.

OP
OP
DrumReaper

DrumReaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I've had three past GT500's before getting my 19 GT350. Two of my ordered GT500's were "pulled" for testing before being shipped from the factory and had about fifteen miles on them. On one there was a window sticker indicating it had been driven a few miles for quality control evaluation. The other didn't. I understand the OP's concerns but I also know it's unlikely that a "performance car" is taken for a joy ride at these rail yard holding areas. They are quite secure and there are numerous rules and regulations in place. I wouldn't worry about it.
So are banks........... but....

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
I would tend to agree. I think the "shenanigans" if any, are after it hits the dealer....