Sponsored

Transmission oil leak

Eville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hello all,

I was cleaning up the driveway this morning when I noticed what seemed like an oil puddle under my car. I have an Ecoboost. I thought it was just a water puddle from the AC but after looking further I noticed underneath the car was wet and dripping. I go to touch it and was pinkish so figured it's transmission oil. :eyebulge: I opened the hood and looked around but could not see much until I looked towards the front passenger side. That's where I noticed the location but not the source.

Needless to say I had to remove the whole bottom cover. :headbonk: Upon further investigation it seems to be coming from one of the hoses pictured below. It had heavy drippage. I wiped off the hose, surrounding area and bottom of the car. It doesn't seem to be dripping while the car is off at the moment so I'll have to check in a few with the car on to see if it starts again. The hoses have a bit of wiggle to them but could not get it to leak. Seems they are pressed together and held on by some kind of clip inserted through them, couldn't find a way of tightening. I didn't want to mess with them too much and of course the service dep is closed on Sundays. I'll have to take it in tomorrow.

Anybody run into this yet?
IMG_9807.jpg
IMG_9808.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Eville

Eville

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium