Sponsored

Tramline much?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You can put 20-deg of toe and if there's gravel and undulating grooves, any car will tramline, period. Depends WHERE it's tramlining.
Sponsored

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
A little more toe will help eliminate tramlining - shoot for the max permissible toe on each side. I think the spec is 0.20* ± 0.20* so somewhere just under 0.40* It will drive great, but you'll scrub the outside edges of the tires a bit.
According to the paperwork I got, which is supposedly generated by VIN, -.20 to +.20 is the spec for TOTAL toe. Each side is -.10 to +.10.

I can tell you now from experience, with toe that far out of spec, tramlining will be severely exaggerated. At 0.0 and -0.1, only extreme road irregularities affect the car, and turn in is still awesome.

Also, fwiw, on smooth pavement, I noticed no issue prior to the new alignment.

OP
OP
Turbo23

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I will pick those up, my son started working at a Ford store. Tell me more about the subframe inserts please. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I know this has to be running through a lot of Mustang driver's minds. Its quite a struggle sometimes. I really notice it when going from brand new sections of pavement and then driving over worn sections. Add some windy fall weather and, honestly officer... I haven't had anything to drink. Any strategies to minimize this? I know the GT500 supposedly has changes to the front suspension to reduce this issue. Thoughts?
Actually, that is not true.
Not a big deal, just correct, or buy a Prius, maybe better option for your struggling. :computerrage: