Sponsored

Trading mustang in for focus RS

Youngmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt DIB
Thinking about trading my 2015 Mustang in for focus RS. I know totally different cars but opinions? It just seems the focus would be more fun for me.
Sponsored

mada808

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I think it's ugly compared to a Mustang.

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
You'll have to pay a lot on top of your trade to satisfy ADM, for a focus.

Sponsored

joec63

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium DIB
Go for it if the Mustang isn't doing it for you. It's definitely more utilitarian. My daily is a MkV GTI I bought new. I like hot hatches also. I've had it 10 yrs and just now hitting 68k fun miles.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
I am renting a 2015 Focus right now and dying to get my stang back from the shop. I don't want to go anywhere unless I am forced to.
No, it's not an RS, but omg, I can't believe I almost got one of these things :headbonk:

number6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium +PP
I'm going from a modded Stage 3 Focus ST3 to a 2016 GT Premium with PP.

My first choice was to get an RS, but after finding no dealership that would let me order at MSRP and realizing that my modded ST was sort of close-ish to an RS, I went for the 435 hp coupe.

From a looks perspective, the RS is meh. None of the body panels differ from the ST. The front and rear are beautiful and aggressive, but not enough to sway me. The drive train is out of this world and night/day different to my ST, but again, I didn't want to feel like I was going from apples to newer apples (plus at a $20K premium, months of waiting, etc).

I love the RS and am thankful that Ford made it a reality. But until the limited #'s and ADM change, it's not an option for most people.

If you do make the deal happen, well done. The RS is a freak of nature and a very impressive package!

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
I would love a Fiesta ST as a daily... but not the Focus, even the RS. Though it does look good! If you like it better, get it.

Aarron_M

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Honda Fit
If it seems more fun for you, then do it. Why ask anyone here what would be best for you?

I've had several turbo, awd's...and they're a blast!

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Definition of fun varies. Fun to me is getting thrown back into the seat and having a V8 engine for sound and power. Others love driver's cars with low power and incredible handling. Then there's the AWD forced induced rockets. Great to have variety.

Mission2toilet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steven
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP/2017 GTI PP
I was gonna buy RS but settled on Mustang. Personally think RS has more FUN FACTOR. But the cost.... I am happy I got Mustang. Mustang Defiantly has potential to be greater with Mods.

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
If you plan to mod it, stay away. FP has already come out and said that the awd system is pretty much at the limit to what it can withstand. Awd systems are not cheap to work on or beef up. Stick with the GT and get yourself some twins or something and you will forget all about that RS lol. But seriously at the end of the day do what makes you happy.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
Wait a year (or at least 6 months). The stealerships are asking way to much for them right now. (Lol 5PointOH beat me to the awd being weak info)

If you plan to leave it stock, need the awd and 4 doors, I'd consider it. Though for the price, I think you'd be better off in a Golf R. The dsg golf R is faster to 60 even being down 50 hp, and a stage 1 upgrade on the Golf R will get you 0-60 in under 4 seconds!!! You also get a much better interior.

I'll stick with my GT, just a better looking car and doesn't have that boy racer vibe. And if I want to, I can have a 700hp freak of nature :)
Sponsored

Last edited: