Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Couldn't deal with the unresolved problems anymore... vib problem, rear end groaning when turning left, AC evap undoubtedly going to go bad after I'm out of warranty... Anyways, The Dodge dealer here gave me such a killer deal that I couldn't pass it up- 7200.00 off MSRP and 2000.00 more for my trade than CarMax or the Ford dealer.

The A-B comparison is as follows- The Mustang looks better in my opinion. Handles somewhat better, but nothing that makes any difference for a DD. The Challenger is way bigger- It's built on the 300 platform. The seats are wider and more comfortable which is a big deal to me with my disc problems. Has 4 way lumbar- in/out and up/down.
It is smoooooth. No DL vibration, longer wheelbase and heavier, much less road noise, more refined feeling. V6 engine has no perceptible vibration and the 8 speed trans shifts are really hard to feel unless you put it in sport mode or really romp on it.
So, it's a typical trade-off scenario. I loved the styling on the Mustang but I couldn't reward Ford by buying another one after their really crappy service. Dodge might be no better, but so far, it has none of the initial problems that the Mustang had and I like the bigger, smoother feel of the Challenger.
tn_WP_20170402_19_21_29_Pro.jpg
tn_WP_20170402_19_21_19_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

Falconetti

cash me outside howbow da
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1, 1994 SVT COBRA
I test drove a challenger before I picked up my 2015 and really liked it Only reason I didn't end up with the challenger was the dealer said MSRP and nothing less. Felt like I could have a better deal elsewhere. Anyway cool car. Enjoy!

assclown

Warchief
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Vert
Great choice!

Could you elaborate on it's comfort (I'm a bigger guy) have been considering a Charger.

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Same here , dodge dealer would not move off MSRP on the scat pack .. The mustang was a better buy at 30k out the door than 45k plus TT&L ..

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
That's a good looking yellow on your new Dodge. Seems very similar to the Chrome Yellow that Ford had on the 98 Cobra. Looks great!!

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Great choice!

Could you elaborate on it's comfort (I'm a bigger guy) have been considering a Charger.
Yeah, I'm really not very big- actually small, lol. But, the car is much bigger than the Mustang- probably a foot longer and 6 in wider so they can put wider, taller seats in it. The trunk is huge. If you are considering both, go drive them both. I really like the Mustang, but the unresolved problems took all the joy out of it. I think the Challenger is a better DD for me- 80% interstate driving. Much smoother and quieter but at the expense of handling. Engine power is about the same for the V6 or EB but I'd drive the various V8's before making decision if that is what you want. Both cars feel significantly heavier in the front with the V8.

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Same here , dodge dealer would not move off MSRP on the scat pack .. The mustang was a better buy at 30k out the door than 45k plus TT&L ..
I've heard that from other people... Maybe it's certain markets. The dealer I got mine from has 7 2016 Hellcats and they will do anything to sell them. I bet you can get 20K off sticker on one. Still expensive, but heck of a car for that price. It will kill resale on them until they are all gone, though.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I've heard that from other people... Maybe it's certain markets. The dealer I got mine from has 7 2016 Hellcats and they will do anything to sell them. I bet you can get 20K off sticker on one. Still expensive, but heck of a car for that price. It will kill resale on them until they are all gone, though.
Did you buy it from Shottenkirks Dodge? If not, who?

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Did you buy it from Shottenkirks Dodge? If not, who?
No, Thornton Rd Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ram in Lithia Springs. All in all pretty painless. My salesman was great and I can recommend him if you are interested.

Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
I didn't trade my GT350 but lease deals on the Hellcat are too inticing to pass up. My new Challenger.

OP
OP
speedfrk

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I didn't trade my GT350 but lease deals on the Hellcat are too inticing to pass up. My new Challenger.
Yeah, the salesman told me that all the dealers around here have several Hellcats they can't sell so I guess they are doing the crazy lease deals. I leased an 04 GTO in 05 for the same reason- lots of leftover cars they needed to get rid of.
I wonder if the front splitter on the Hellcat will fit on my car...

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
The challengers front end is mean. They are pretty sharp. If you're not one that tends to mod challengers/chargers/300 are great. I had a 2008 RT and it was fine until I started tinkering with things. Lowered it and the rest of the suspension deteriated real quick. Exhaust options aren't cheap and wheel combinations are specific only to Dodge.

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Why not Charger?
For me, I had to have a manual and did not need a 4 door. You can't get a Charger with an M6.

I just put my Cat on the dyno today. A dyno is just a tool. I get that. I plan on modifying mine so I wanted a baseline pre mods. I will say I did not expect the results....

Sponsored