OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
So today marks (roughly) 5 weeks past production of my car and it still sits at Flat Rock. Cotus shows that I was supposed to take delivery of my car today. :)

On Friday, it will be 7 weeks since I traded my GT350 in. I now think I made a mistake as I would have enjoyed driving the car, even if I would have taken a slight loss. But who knows what the exact difference would have been and my trade value was good. My dealer actually thought my car was going to be here the last week of April (kind of like how Mulligan's car was) but of course made no guarantees. Mulligans car of course went through the same process as mine. Oh well.

Of course, according to some, I just shouldn't care where my car is nor should I even be checking. But I do care. :) I figured no one else would anyways, especially those that already have their car.

But here ya go!
Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 12.19.42 AM.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
So today marks (roughly) 5 weeks past production of my car and it still sits at Flat Rock. Cotus shows that I was supposed to take delivery of my car today. :)

On Friday, it will be 7 weeks since I traded my GT350 in. I now think I made a mistake as I would have enjoyed driving the car, even if I would have taken a slight loss. But who knows what the exact difference would have been and my trade value was good. My dealer actually thought my car was going to be here the last week of April (kind of like how Mulligan's car was) but of course made no guarantees. Mulligans car of course went through the same process as mine. Oh well.

Of course, according to some, I just shouldn't care where my car is nor should I even be checking. But I do care. :) I figured no one else would anyways, especially those that already have their car.
My R allocation is also still waiting. Seems the rail cars are booked up, according to my dealer.

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
My R allocation is also still waiting. Seems the rail cars are booked up, according to my dealer.
When was your production date and what color combo is your car? It appears that Blue with white stripes (both LB and Kona) seem to be on hold while other color combo's are shipping. I've looked at about 50 cars on Cotus by pulling Vin's from the Ford Inventory website (it shows ordered cars) and that appears to be the case.

Unlike someone that said I didn't figure it out and was just bitching to Ford/my dealer :p

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
Can't remember production date, but color combo is Lead Foot with Black stripes... ordered Feb 12, 2018

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
My head would be absolutely spinning if I were in your shoes.. anyone who says you shouldn't be checking on your car is a nutbag, how the heck could you not be? The anticipation must be killing you! Hell, we have people here that couldn't stand the wait so bad that they went out and bought another $70K+ R to hold them over!!

I'm glad I bought mine for the ADM when I did, if I would have had to wait like this and watch delays I would have been a maniac lol. It was worth any extra I may have paid just to avoid that (not sure what you paid over).

Sorry to all my blue/white stripe brethren that are waiting for your cars! But I can assure you, the wait is worth it!

Sponsored

RMOORE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R JR428 , 2008 911S cab
I heard that production ran out of white stripes so this also cause delays, they are back in stock now.

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
When was your production date and what color combo is your car? It appears that Blue with white stripes (both LB and Kona) seem to be on hold while other color combo's are shipping. I've looked at about 50 cars on Cotus by pulling Vin's from the Ford Inventory website (it shows ordered cars) and that appears to be the case.

Unlike someone that said I didn't figure it out and was just bitching to Ford/my dealer :p
With all due respect I have a hard time imagining anyone suggesting to you that you should not care where your car is let alone not to check on the status of your car as that does not make any sense whatsoever.

Not sure if you are aware that there is more than one reason for our cars not moving with the shortage of railcars being one issue and also there has been a shortage of stripes for our cars therefore creating a longer than normal delay at the Mod Shop and at the striping department.

My car was assembled 2 weeks prior to yours and still waiting at the loading ramp as well.

;)

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I heard that production ran out of white stripes so this also cause delays, they are back in stock now.
I sure hope you're right! How can vinyl stripes be that big of a deal that it could hold up shipping cars for a month? Let's hope they are striping cars with white stripes like crazy and pushing them out!

With all due respect I have a hard time imagining anyone suggesting to you that you should not care where your car is let alone not to check on the status of your car as that does not make any sense whatsoever.

Not sure if you are aware that there is more than one reason for our cars not moving with the shortage of railcars being one issue and also there has been a shortage of stripes for our cars therefore creating a longer than normal delay at the Mod Shop and at the striping department.

My car was assembled 2 weeks prior to yours and still waiting at the loading ramp as well.

;)
Not going to get into it, but my dream car ordering experience has been made into a personal attack by a third party for ridiculous reasons, so much that it has all but ruined what was supposed to be a very joyous and happy moment in my life. But I think the positive support on these forums will make it the experience it's supposed to be.

Thanks for being understanding and I hope you get your car soon.

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
When it does hit the rails, your car will wind up at CSX in Jacksonville, FL. I'm afraid to say that it may sit there for a while..... Your sales guy has learned how to track CSX and get an accurate delivery date. ;)
Eric, sounds like it's time for us to saddle up the posse and get the car off the train...
tren-galerias-asalto.jpg

Last edited:

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
It is my understanding that there is a shortage for other color of stripes as well.

Sponsored

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Looks perfect. Well worth the effort.

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
That looks amazing! Just add a lift and I'd be in heaven. When I see pics like this it makes me want to do my garage up.. but time and money seem to get in the way for other things Congrats on having a proper GT350/R garage my friend!!

And still no GT350R? WOW! I'd be going apeshit. What is your dealer telling you at this point? 8 weeks from production date is just downright crazy! There's got to be something going on here? I'd be calling my dealer 3X a day wanting to know WTF is happening.

mike.s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKU, 2018 GT350
very nice garage, would love to have a 3 car. my dealer called and asked if i wanted their white 350r, they are working on a price for me but im also looking at new houses..decisions, decisions

rick81721

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 LB H6153
So my car is still not here yet after being "in production" 8 weeks ago (still in Flat Rock!!!). Frustrating, but I am blessed that this wait inspired me to finish off my garage and do it right! I would have never done this if my car would have been "on time"!

I added a mini-split A/C unit to my 3-car garage, insulated the garage doors, added R-30 insulation in the attic above it, painted, and finished (extended) my racedeck flooring over. This was a ton of work, but I love the finished product (I still need to add finishing touches, signs, etc.) For years I had only finished my one-car bay (as shown in pic where flooring ends) and always wanted to finish the rest and extend it over. Now that my car was traded, I had empty space to work with, so why not?

So what's it like to have A/C in your garage in Florida? Amazing. I can now work on my cars and anything else in comfort for as long as I want.
Looks great. First thing I have to do is insulate the garage doors. Which A/C unit did you go with? How was installation?

OP
OP
96cobra

96cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Update: My car is expected at my dealer on June 17! So, almost 3 months after production, it may or may not finally arrive at my dealer. It's quite the joke at this point.

So my car has been sitting in the flat rock parking lot in the elements for 9 weeks after "in production" and will be delivered almost 3 months later than production? Stupid. This has really ruined my experience with Ford.
Screen Shot 2018-05-23 at 4.47.51 PM (1).jpg
Sponsored