Sponsored

Trade my 15 GT for focus RS?

dtraill27

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ecoboost Premium
I'm strongly considering trading in my Ecoboost Premium for an RS. I came from a WRX and have been missing the AWD. Curious to see how it sounds and revs vs the Mustang because those are my two biggest complaints currently.
Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I thought the Eco was rather small? I don't know much on the motors.
It's small when longitudinally mounted in the Mustang, but transverse in the RS is probably a different story. The free space is one of the things I love about the EBM. So much room for turbo activities.

Anthony@HTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Track Pack
I thought the Eco was rather small? I don't know much on the motors.
On the mustang you have a 4 cylinder in place of a v8 so you have rooms for days.

On the RS the motor is transverse so the trans and motor sits perpendicular to the car. So all the timing stuff is up against the frame rail. Additionally the transfer case is in the mix to send power to the rear wheels. With the turbo mounted up against the firewall, that whole setup is a real bitch to work with.

Sponsored

JBsC6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 black c6 z51 m6 with npp
The dealers giving you 38 grand on the gt...figure how much less your getting versus your price paid for your mustang minus taxes...

Divide that by the number of months you owned the mustang.....and if you can live with that cost of ownership of the mustang....then go for the rs...

I'd rather throw snow tires on the mustang....but that's just my opinion...

Both great cars ...

Bossing

attacks tracks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just can't get enuff!
My dealer is getting 1 focus RS (I have a small deposit on it at MSRP)
My Mustang has about 5,000kms they said they will give me $38,000 + tax savings =42,940 Canadian, My car is base gt with PP and Recaros.

looking for a more practical car like for winter use(we get a good amount of snow where i live) / kids
and not having 3 cars.

dose this trade sound good?
just looking for some advice.

Thanks,
If I was in your shoes.... I'd do it. Because of winter use + practicality/kids + and still very fun to drive. Add the limited production too compared to Mustang GTs. Add the RS2 Pkg at a minimum... heated Recaros for those long cold Canadian months will surely help. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I'm a little biased so I'm going to recommend Stealth Gray... :D

OP
OP
speedprotege@gmail.com

[email protected]

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP2
If I was in your shoes.... I'd do it. Because of winter use + practicality/kids + and still very fun to drive. Add the limited production too compared to Mustang GTs. Add the RS2 Pkg at a minimum... heated Recaros for those long cold Canadian months will surely help. Good luck! :thumbsup:

I'm a little biased so I'm going to recommend Stealth Gray... :D
I ordered it in Frozen white.
The Canadian cars only come fully loaded winter tires and all.

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
I am in the process of possibly changing my EB order to a FoRS. Stealth Gray, RS2, moonroof which is the perfect setup for me.
Sponsored