Sponsored

Trade in Value

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, PP1, Royal Crimson. 2020 Exp ST
Besides KBB are there any good sites that can give me a good idea what my 12 GT is worth for a trade in? KBB lists it dealer trade in 22-24k, I have two dealers who have already offered 23k, one will buy it for that and the other will do that for trade in value. Personally I think its worth the 24, but I don't want to get too greedy and then have a hard time negotiating the 15 down. But, I can get X plan or Costco pricing anway.
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
You can take it to Carmax and they will give you an offer as well.

Brent302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Most dealers use Black Book.

I would suggest going through Auto Trader Trade In and getting a offer from a dealer through that. I received 2 grand over what I was supposed to get

GoBlues38

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT, Premium, 3.55, 20" Foundry, 6 Spd
just know that you will never get trade in value of what you think it is worth.

The dealer will always low ball you a few $k so they have some proffit when they sell.

BoomBoy

Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Vehicle Showcase
Why are you trading it already? Just curious.

Sponsored

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Why are you trading it already? Just curious.
I think that you missed the part where he said he was looking to trade his 2012.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
just know that you will never get trade in value of what you think it is worth.

The dealer will always low ball you a few $k so they have some proffit when they sell.
Completely disagree; when I bought my 2015 and traded in my 2011, the dealer's first offer was $2k more than I was hoping to get.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Completely disagree; when I bought my 2015 and traded in my 2011, the dealer's first offer was $2k more than I was hoping to get.
He probably should have worded it: a few thousand less than what you will get selling privately.

If the dealer did give you what they were going for privately, you got lucky and is definitely not the norm.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
He probably should have worded it: a few thousand less than what you will get selling privately.

If the dealer did give you what they were going for privately, you got lucky and is definitely not the norm.
I never had any intention of selling privately; I didn't need the hassle of the paperwork, plus -- and this might be different for you since you're in Canada; I don't know the law there -- trading it in to a dealer gives a significant tax break over private sale (since you don't have to pay sales tax on the value of the new purchase which comes from your trade-in, which can save thousands of dollars).

I had already agreed to pay MSRP before we started discussing trade in value so he was probably more lax with trade in offers.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Auto trader trade in was just a few over 20k, so they are already over that. Both of the dealers jumped right to the 23, just makes me wonder if its not worth a tad more. Now getting them to give me a price on a new one is tough. I'm sure if I sold it myslef I'd get more, but I don't want to hassle with that.

OP
OP

Weazer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I never had any intention of selling privately; I didn't need the hassle of the paperwork, plus -- and this might be different for you since you're in Canada; I don't know the law there -- trading it in to a dealer gives a significant tax break over private sale (since you don't have to pay sales tax on the value of the new purchase which comes from your trade-in, which can save thousands of dollars).

I had already agreed to pay MSRP before we started discussing trade in value so he was probably more lax with trade in offers.
Never thought of that tax break, thanks

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP

No tax break like that here in the Great White North. Trade-in buys you less hassle, but also many thousands less than a private sale.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
$23K seems like a fair trade-in. 6 months ago I only paid $25K for my 2013 GT Premium (14 months old) that had an MSRP of $42K + it had Corsa exhaust & shaker hood.

I actually got the price knocked down because of the exhaust being so loud.

ATLalien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT PP
I traded my 2012 in on the 15 and used KBB just fine. After some pretty intense haggling (threatened to just keep my 2012 several times) the dealer agreed to a number very close to the "excellent condition" KBB trade in value for the car. It only had 14k miles on it, was garage kept, and completely stock with maintenance records so I wasn't going to take less for it.
Sponsored