Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
You have your car exactly how you wanted it. Why start over? I could see if you sold your car and been away from the scene for a while but in all honesty a well moded and set up 5.0 will run easily with a stock GT500
Sponsored

mc68386

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium
You have your car exactly how you wanted it. Why start over? I could see if you sold your car and been away from the scene for a while but in all honesty a well moded and set up 5.0 will run easily with a stock GT500
I'm getting old, so I think of everything in terms of retirement.
So, I would ask, would shelling out an $70000 or so extra for the GT500 after trade-in effect when you can retire? And if so, are you OK with working 2+ years longer for this car? If so, go for it.

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
If you get in the GT and wish it was a Shelby.......

I'm sure no one who has a GT500 wishes it was a GT.
I've had a few s550 GTs. The 500 feels like a completely different car. I say go for it. If you don't like attention maybe not. The Shelby is an animal stock and with 10k of mods can make 900-1k whp reliably all day long, and it can turn too. The DCT is on another planet from the A10.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
So, I would ask, would shelling out an $70000 or so extra for the GT500 after trade-in effect when you can retire? And if so, are you OK with working 2+ years longer for this car? If so, go for it.
Agreed, I was able to retire early @ 48 and there are other important things I like to do (mostly travel) and all 3 kids educations are paid for. The wife works because she feels she wants to. I didnā€™t want to burden her with feeling the NEED to work if I picked up a GT500 or 350. I have a monthly budget on upgrades. We just got done with the remodel new floor cabinets, the works. So in March Iā€™m going to start working earnestly on the 5.0. By the time Iā€™m done papa smurf should be something to be reckoned with. And Iā€™ll owe 0 on the car soon enough. Wanted to buy cash but she wanted the remodel first. Happy wife happy life.šŸ˜‚

Speedbump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
I went from a 2019 PP1 with every option plus an Edelbrock SC and AWE cat back to a 2020 GT500. There is no way my 19. Would outrun my. 500. Simply isnā€™t happening. The 19 was an incredible car. Tons of fun and sounded great. The 500 is on another level. Handles much better, imo rides smoother. The 500 needs a different exhaust. The AWE on my 19 sounded much better.
if you have the disposable income to upgrade then do it. If it puts you out if your comfort zone then get your car tuned by PBD or someone else and enjoy it. The Roush tune is super conservative

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
You have your car exactly how you wanted it. Why start over?
becauseā€¦Shelby šŸ˜Ž

but in all honesty a well moded and set up 5.0 will run easily with a stock GT500
ā€¦until that Shelby owner throws a couple mods on his and drops you off at gap-albees šŸ˜‰

Last edited:

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I picked up a used Bullitt in 09/2021 with 4K miles ($38K) and added a Whipple 1 ($12K) with DHG lid)at a Shelby certified shop... all for about $50K.

Lately, my brain has also been focused (obsessed?) on a GT500 and looking to do a trade + cash. Many dealers are telling me to take the car back to stock as nobody wants a 'backyard' blowered 'stang because, of course (but not true), the car was modified for only one thing - driving rough and hard and smokin' the tires at every stop sign.

The added trade-in value for the blower mod at these dealers is $0 and they are glad to add their ADM of $15-20K for a cash difference for a new (non CFTP/HE) GT500 of only $75K = hahaha! The CFTP/HE trade requires only $100K cash = huge HAHAHA!!

So, why am I still considering such an idiotic idea? My blown Bullitt has the power of a GT500 but not the badging or...? I only use it as my weekend grocery getter and don't race it or track it. The pedal to the metal "yahoo" is its main purpose even though I always drive with traction control ON - tires are expensive, you know.

I have found a dealer with an '09 GT500KR (12,000 miles and mint) who would do a straight trade with no cash. But why would I trade my Bullitt for a car 10 years older with an almost antiquated look? Investment? hahaha again! The new price on the KR was $82K with ADM of $15-20K. And this $100K "investment" almost immediately cratered into the mid $30 - 40K range when the 2010 GT500s hit the showrooms and have only recovered to the mid $40Ks recently.

My practical self says to hold onto my cash, enjoy the blown Bullitt and quit with the GT500 obsession. But then there is that crazy "me" lurking around the corner wanting to do something insane!

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
So, why am I still considering such an idiotic idea? My blown Bullitt has the power of a GT500 but not the badging or...?
Or the bulletproof Forged 5.2 Liter. Or the DCT. Or the suspension, brakes, aero, or warranty. Your Mustang GT might have the power but that's it. And it would still get gapped by a stock 500.

xSouthSyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic GT
If you like driving your auto car in manual mode you will definitely enjoy the twin clutch transmissions more than the A10. If you only drive in Auto I wouldnā€™t make the change.
The 500 looks the business also.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Solarhermit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 black/tech/handling no ADM +$10K tax
I retired almost 30 years ago and I'm making sure that the money doesn't run out before I join the afterworld. So, spending another $70-80K to be a few tenths of a second faster in the 1/4 with a GT500 vs my blown Bullitt does not compute.

And, I don't know of any GT500s that I could do the full-on drag race with. They all drive, as I do, with traction control ON. Furthermore, we all idle around like little old ladies, enjoying the ride, and rarely (but surely) punching the throttle to get our fix for the day... rather than brutalizing the machine.

Speed is relative anyways. Can you tell the diff between a 10 second or an 11 second pass without being on a 1/4 mile track?

Nope. I won't let the OCD or the anally retentive monster win. Save the $75K and buy 1000 bottles of good scotch and that should last me for the next 30 years of retirement.

Phakdat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 GT PP1, 23 Cadillac CT4-V Blackwing
If you like driving your auto car in manual mode you will definitely enjoy the twin clutch transmissions more than the A10. If you only drive in Auto I wouldnā€™t make the change.
The 500 looks the business also.
Agreed! Haven't drive a dual clutch transmission before, but the A10 up shift takes forever!!!

plresultsman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
en.wikipedia.org
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
16 White GT Vert GT PP Roush Stg1 M'flow ctbck
I picked up a used Bullitt in 09/2021 with 4K miles ($38K) and added a Whipple 1 ($12K) with DHG lid)at a Shelby certified shop... all for about $50K.

Lately, my brain has also been focused (obsessed?) on a GT500 and looking to do a trade + cash. Many dealers are telling me to take the car back to stock as nobody wants a 'backyard' blowered 'stang because, of course (but not true), the car was modified for only one thing - driving rough and hard and smokin' the tires at every stop sign.

The added trade-in value for the blower mod at these dealers is $0 and they are glad to add their ADM of $15-20K for a cash difference for a new (non CFTP/HE) GT500 of only $75K = hahaha! The CFTP/HE trade requires only $100K cash = huge HAHAHA!!

So, why am I still considering such an idiotic idea? My blown Bullitt has the power of a GT500 but not the badging or...? I only use it as my weekend grocery getter and don't race it or track it. The pedal to the metal "yahoo" is its main purpose even though I always drive with traction control ON - tires are expensive, you know.

I have found a dealer with an '09 GT500KR (12,000 miles and mint) who would do a straight trade with no cash. But why would I trade my Bullitt for a car 10 years older with an almost antiquated look? Investment? hahaha again! The new price on the KR was $82K with ADM of $15-20K. And this $100K "investment" almost immediately cratered into the mid $30 - 40K range when the 2010 GT500s hit the showrooms and have only recovered to the mid $40Ks recently.

My practical self says to hold onto my cash, enjoy the blown Bullitt and quit with the GT500 obsession. But then there is that crazy "me" lurking around the corner wanting to do something insane!
Send me pics of your blown Bullit. I may be interested.

HadoDemi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500
I went from a 20 gt/cs to a 22 gt500.
Itā€™s a different car. I did entertain the idea of doing a SC on the gt but I had the means to go to a 500.
Itā€™s not just a SC,
You have completely different suspension/brakes.
Areo is completely different.
Transmission/drive train is different (they come with CF drive shaft.)
Bolt ons are pushing 1000 whp+ if you want to turn it up to 11
If you can go drive one.