Sponsored

Trade 17 GT PP for 16 GT350?

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Take that $17k and buy a nice 2nd car/truck ?

GT350 is a special car no doubt but so is the GT IMO.
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
A 16' Tech Pack with 22,000 miles? Not what I'd be looking at if I was in the market for a GT350.
Nope. Wouldn't be looking at any 2016 GT350 without the track package.
Yeah, I've been ruminating over a GT350, and there are some outstanding used examples, that have more of what makes the GT350 special (particularly for track use), way less mileage.

OP
OP
Dtronic

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Take that $17k and buy a nice 2nd car/truck ?

GT350 is a special car no doubt but so is the GT IMO.
Have a Toyota Camry for backup.:D

I heavily modified a 02 Lightning and made a promise to myself to never modify a car more than tune and exhaust. And if I was thinking about it I would get a car that would be more comparable to the Modified car.

I spent more modifying my L than I bought it for new.

I won't track or drag a vehicle unless I buy it just for that purpose. To many horror stories I've seen personally.

I have a question. Is the Track pack vs the tech pack in 16 bit difference the trans and diff cooler? I thought I read I could add those for under $2k.

OP
OP
Dtronic

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I would say it all depends upon how much you really don't need that $17k and how long it would take you to earn that much cash again. If you make big bucks and it only takes you a few months to be back where you are at cash wise and own a GT350, I would do it. Coyotes are a dime a dozen now but having a 5.2 Voodoo under your hood is pretty damn cool, not to mention the unique sound and overall performance of that car. Resale on a GT350 is gonna be way better than a tricked out GT that can be had anywhere and you'll never recover the money you spend modding it.

I know that for a fact about recovering mod money when it gets into supercharging, built engine and trans work. :headbonk:

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
If you won't be tracking it, a tech pack should be fine for you.

If you are tracking it, just buy a track pack. Modifying a GT350 with aftermarket coolers could jeopardize warranty, one of the strong appeals of buying a GT350 vs mega modded GT.

The other is the headache of modding.

Oh, and the third most important one is resale. GT will be worth a carton of menthols and a 12 pack in 10 years...

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
OP, what are they asking for that GT350 anyway? CarMax has a buttload of GT350s with ridiculously low miles.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Like others said I would keep the GT and potentially mod it.

Not to go too far off topic but how does your current GT compare to your 13 Vette?
I like it when I see people trading what is supposed to be a higher tier car for something like a Mustang.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I'm sure you know you're going to take a massive beating price wise on your GT. The 350 is only 14K miles from being out of warranty, and your insurance company is going to love you. And lastly, we can spend your money easily, but you're the one that has to make the payments. Just some food for thought. Good luck on your decision.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Don't listen to these guys, if you like it and want it get it. Its a special car with or without the tranny cooler. 22k miles is not that much over 3 years. 7k per year is nothing to be worried about. You can have the FP tranny cooler installed for under $2000 if you really want it. That's what I did. I have driven mine on the track a few times and no issues and that's before the cooler install.

OP
OP
Dtronic

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Thank you for all the replies.

I can answer most questions.

I bought my C6 13 vette from Carmax. I traded in a 12 Prius in the deal. I had them respray the nose of the vette because it had run marks in it on the underside of the bumper. Had them respray it 4 times. I wanted to unwind the deal, but they said they already transferred my car and sold it before the 5 days were up which is bullshit.

Took it to a independent mechanic and he told me it looks like someone drove it off a high curb or road. It had scrape marks on the frame in front. No damage but they replaced the sway bars and 1 wheel. Clean Carfax.

That plus shot gunning my credit after I already told them I had financing will make me avoid Carmax.

Loved the vette, but I live in SWFL and everyone has huge suv's or jacked up truck so I can never see past the car in front and that bugs me. Also it's really low. Easiest way for me to get out was put a notebook on the ground, put my hand on the ground and pivot off it. Not fun when it's raining. Also ran over a 4"x4" in the road one time. I guess I centered it.

The vette is very fast. Really easy to do 100+ without even noticing. But with an auto I felt very detached from the driving experience. I also felt bad about dding it so will not get another vette unless it's a weekend car or I retire.

The 16 is around 47 and am getting 28 for my car when I paid 32. I bought extended warranty and the tire wheel package with the 17 and will swap that for the 16 so the warranty expiring in 14k doesn't bother me.
Insurance is $400 more than for my GT per year.

The guy that owned the 16 traded it on an 18 and put the owners package in the trunk.:)

I just got back and signed all the paperwork after a long test drive on the condition I can have a mechanic look at it tomorrow. So if all goes ok I will pick it up then.

Sponsored

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
How much more of a hit is the insurance on the GT350?

OP
OP
Dtronic

Dtronic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

MrCincinnati

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R

Ash1977

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Shelby GT350 Race Red
Congrats on your purchase. Shelby’s are special cars. Please post pics once you get it.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I will have to say I am a little jealous. The 350 is a beautiful vehicle, and I have some plans in the back of my mind that there will be one in my garage one day. Enjoy.
Sponsored