2016 GT Whippled
I’ve got +3 coming. We gotta be close to 20 already
Sponsored

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
My buddy just bought a whipple for the event. I have a hellcat coming too we can take advantage of lol. Ask them if we can add the other lane if we have enough people le. I can book one and u book one
You can have 2 lanes with 1 or 2 people if you wanted. Its just $2k total until you hit 20 ppl. Then its 100/car. Ill book for 2 lanes and use both our names. I think thats better if we are at 20 or so. Makes it easier. Ill put the down payment down and everything. Let me know how many we got coming. We have until Wednesday.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
How many people going to be on street tires? I have some Mickey's but also have 55k miles on my original clutch and I'd like to be able to drive the car the 2 hours to get home. I'll definitely try to get things in order so I can upgrade the clutch and drag wheels by September. A former coworker of mine(and former AM employee) has a nitrous '11 that I'll try to get out there.

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Yup, count me, my old man, and my uncle in. I have a Whippled Stang, my old man has a C7 Z06 and my Uncle has a Lexi's F type

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Maybe we should start a list in here so we can count all that might go. I will reserve one lane as well. Should we do a mini shoot out with a 20 buck buy in? Winner take all?

Sponsored

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Is it 100 per car or per racer? I will run my street car but would love to run my road race car down the strip once

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What are you guys feeling for track prep? It is .50 per foot so it would be $1,320 if we did the whole way down for both lanes. I don't think we need that much though. We also have to decide if everyone can run both lanes or street tires in one lane.

RockStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Whippled
What are you guys feeling for track prep? It is .50 per foot so it would be $1,320 if we did the whole way down for both lanes. I don't think we need that much though. We also have to decide if everyone can run both lanes or street tires in one lane.
I like the sound of street tire guys having their own lane so they aren't destroying the track prep on both sides. When [MENTION=27579]VAGunny[/MENTION] did the last rental, I know we didn't prep past the 1/8 and it worked just fine. I'm not sure exactly how far out they went. I'm sure he'll respond.

I'm not sure prepping the whole track is necessary unless there are going to be some 140-150+ mph cars there but I'll go with whatever the group wants to do.

Sponsored

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Im sure some street tire guys will want to race each other. I say 1 lane dr/slick and 1 lane street. If people need to occasionally mix tires/lanes to race each other then I'm ok with it.

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
That sounds good. Tommy can take crappy lane when we race and joe needs to start in 2nd gear so we have a chance

VAGunny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I like the sound of street tire guys having their own lane so they aren't destroying the track prep on both sides. When [MENTION=27579]VAGunny[/MENTION] did the last rental, I know we didn't prep past the 1/8 and it worked just fine. I'm not sure exactly how far out they went. I'm sure he'll respond.

I'm not sure prepping the whole track is necessary unless there are going to be some 140-150+ mph cars there but I'll go with whatever the group wants to do.
I know we had it prepped to at least the 330' mark, possibly a little further but i will double check on that. The folks at MIR had strongly recommended we go out at least this far due to the rain the night prior.

Have another racer who would like to join in if there is still room? Her name is Jade and she was out with us this last track day. She is running a pretty peppy Twin Turbo 370Z. Let me know.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
I know we had it prepped to at least the 330' mark, possibly a little further but i will double check on that. The folks at MIR had strongly recommended we go out at least this far due to the rain the night prior.

Have another racer who would like to join in if there is still room? Her name is Jade and she was out with us this last track day. She is running a pretty peppy Twin Turbo 370Z. Let me know.
I remember that car. There's always room for more people. The amount is unlimited really.

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
That sounds good. Tommy can take crappy lane when we race and joe needs to start in 2nd gear so we have a chance
Yep Gunny is correct they preped to 330 ft and that seemed to work pretty good.I like the idea of spliting the lanes for street tires and track tires with the ocassional mix for guys wanting to race each other.If we do a shootout not sure how many street tire guys would buy in anyway,and guys not saying because u have street tires u car is slow lol,just puts them at a disadvantage.Im good either way,just want to put beatdown on kcc0521 lol.
Sponsored