Sponsored

Track Pads (Brakes Pads that is)...

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
The GT350R-C also weighs only 3350lbs.
The GT350R-C also has to use 18" spec tires. There is no way to fit the OEM brake system with the required tires, thus the downgrade on the braking system.

One will note that the Ford drivers school cars use OEM pads. One will note that even at the end of a session the ABS is still being used to limit braking force to tire grip. This would indicate that the Super sports in 295 width are unable to take the full force from a the braking system even when said pads are at the highest temperatures and tires at maximum grip. They also seem to last roughly the same as the tire life per Bossing.

I think the argument for more pad choices needs to happen *after* someone tests with a serious race tire to make the braking system the actual limit in stopping force. As it stands we have brakes that wouldn't be out of place on a million dollar supercar. We are not trying to make brakes stolen from a mainstream family saloon work at the track like the bad old days.

and if you are prepping the car for endurance racing, perhaps this isn't the place to source opinions on endurance racing pads for actual endurance racing.
Sponsored

Trackaholic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 350Z, 2016 GT350, 2018 Pacifica Hybrid
I use Performance Friction PFC01 pads on my 350Z. I also think I used PFC97 pads, but I don't see them listed on the Performance Friction website anywhere, so maybe that is an older formulation or maybe I am mis-remembering the number.

In any case, the PFC material has been great on the track. It is however quite noisy on the street, so I would be swapping them in and out if I went that route.

However, changing the pads on the GT350 looks like a PITA since the caliper bridge is not removable. Looks like you need to pull the caliper off and pull the pads out the bottom rather than simply pulling the pad out of the top like on most fixed street calipers.

I have done two track days on my OEM pads, and they have held up very well with the stock Super Sport tires.

At this point, I think I am ready to stick with the OEM pads and wheels/tires for the foreseeable future. I do not think I will be swapping pads and race tires in and out like I did on my Z. After a couple of years behind the wheel of the GT350 though, that may change. If it does, I would be looking at PFC pads first.

Also, I use the SRF fluid on my Z, which seems to work very well. I would be putting that in my GT350 when the time comes.

-T

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
The GT350R-C also weighs only 3350lbs.
Actually the GT350R-C weighs 3,420lbs with no fuel. 21 gallons of fuel is 132lbs which = 3,552lbs on TINY 275/35-18 tires, which is pretty close to a stock 3,650lb Street GT350R.

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
I use Performance Friction PFC01 pads on my 350Z. I also think I used PFC97 pads, but I don't see them listed on the Performance Friction website anywhere, so maybe that is an older formulation or maybe I am mis-remembering the number.

In any case, the PFC material has been great on the track. It is however quite noisy on the street, so I would be swapping them in and out if I went that route.

However, changing the pads on the GT350 looks like a PITA since the caliper bridge is not removable. Looks like you need to pull the caliper off and pull the pads out the bottom rather than simply pulling the pad out of the top like on most fixed street calipers.

I have done two track days on my OEM pads, and they have held up very well with the stock Super Sport tires.

At this point, I think I am ready to stick with the OEM pads and wheels/tires for the foreseeable future. I do not think I will be swapping pads and race tires in and out like I did on my Z. After a couple of years behind the wheel of the GT350 though, that may change. If it does, I would be looking at PFC pads first.

Also, I use the SRF fluid on my Z, which seems to work very well. I would be putting that in my GT350 when the time comes.

-T
We have most of the compounds IN STOCK for the Shelby. We include the instructions and the bolts which makes swapping the front pads easy.

We carry both the Ford OEM fluid and SRF.
Sponsored