Sponsored

Track insurance

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Fellow Motor enthusiasts,
I see a ton of threads about what tires, what brakes, what suspension upgrades and many other track questions. With the car companies offering more and more "near-track-ready" cars, there are many more first time Trackers heading out to a Track near you!

I see very Few (2) threads on track insurance. Let me assure you, there is NO RECOURSE of any kind if someone crashes into you. You are fully responsible for your car regardless of who is at fault. Your regular insurance WILL NOT cover any incident on a track surface. I speak from experience.

For my first ventures in HPDE, My theory was if I keep my 4 wheels on the track, I'll be OK. WRONG! I had a kid with an ill prepared car boil off his brake fluid and crash into my Brand new 2012 Boss 302 at 100+ mph. It cost me $21,000. Fortunately it wasn't totaled ( and no one was hurt) or I would have been out $43K (or worse)

I strongly advise that all HPDE / track day / DE participants purchase Track Insurance. If you don't know what that is, you should not be on the track! If you can't afford the $300 for track Insurance, you don't belong on a track!

Benefit from my naivety.
There are more and more people on a track with a high power weapon who haven't properly prepared their car;
Who haven't taken driving lesson #1;
Who haven't spent 1 Sunday afternoon at an AutoX event to learn the limits of their car in an (relatively) safe environment.
Or, as likely as any of the above, (or worse, in addition to one or more of the above) has more testosterone than Grey Hairs, the worst of all combinations on a track surface.
Not to mention Just Plain Ole' Bad Luck! I've only attended about 20 or so Track days and I've already seen more bad luck that I can count.

Age Old Trackers Wisdom: If you can't afford to leave it at the track, you Shouldn't have it there!

Good Luck out there!
Sponsored

Last edited:

evo8904

I'm a member???
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luther
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram 4x4
Is there a company that you would recommend and do you know if they write insurance for drag racing.

OP
OP
Bossdog

Bossdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
I have used https://ontrackinsurance.com/

I have not seen Ins for drag racing, only Road course. That doesn't mean it isn't out there. Also, read the fine print on the track insurance. "Racing" is NOT insured, Timed events like Time attack is NOT insured. Only DE's and HPDE's are typically covered.

Sponsored

Optimum Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP

Brent Dalton

Sua Sponte
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I've used lockton affinity with my M3 and mustang. Never had to make a claim fortunately. I know a few ppl that have. Make sure you understand the agreed upon value and list your mods.
Sponsored