Sponsored

Track Attack Question from my plus one about the "guest" experience

fishpick

Threads
Reaction score
Part of NY w/ high taxes to support the other part
Vehicle(s)
0 mustangs owned currently
Off to Track Attack in a week-ish (July 15-16) and my wife is asking me all sorts of questions about expectations... and all I have for the event so far is an email with a redicilious COVID form and confirmation of my track day insurance... But I'm not here to ask about what the driver should expect - I have already read all the posts on that and been berated, laughed at, told the experience is a disappointment and the greatest thing ever... at the same time.
No sir - these questions are all about the guest at Track Attack and their expectations...

So here's her questions in no particular order (most of these are from the guest perspective):
  • What do people dress like for the reception dinner Thursday night?
  • How do the "guests" dress - I have heard that for the track day folks wear shorts and t-shirt under the provided fire suits to keep "cool" - what about the "guests" since they can do ridealongs - same thing?
  • Are sandals allowed? (this question has to do with nail colors and other things I know little about)
  • Do the guests get to ride along with instructors on both the track and the strip?
  • Anything else a previous guest would have benefited from knowing going into the experience.
She was my "plus one" for the Ron Fellows school when I bought my C7 - so she has high expectations :)
Sponsored

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
Interested as well.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Wow, lots of questions.....

The experience is casual. The dinner would be fine in jeans and a nice shirt for the men and something nice and casual for the ladies.

The driving..... the driver drives and the guests observe. You will have your guest in the car for some of the low speed track runs (orientation) and the low speed drag runs.

I dont believe open toed shoes are ok for the hot lap that the guest will get, probably at a minimum sneakers, jeans, and T shirt. O don't recall the guests being issued driving suits....

Simply put, they get to observe your experience. They ride along in the same car as you while moving from event to event. They get low speed line track orientation as well as a low speed pass on the strip. At the end they get a hot lap with an instructor.

My recommendation..... the dinner is nice. Wine is available at a charge per bottle. It may seem anti social, but its a good opportunity to grab a vacant table and focus on the evening and the experience instead of huddling in with 20 people that you will probably never see again.

Sponsored

P4mnceblue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500, Ranger
Wow, lots of questions.....

The experience is casual. The dinner would be fine in jeans and a nice shirt for the men and something nice and casual for the ladies.

The driving..... the driver drives and the guests observe. You will have your guest in the car for some of the low speed track runs (orientation) and the low speed drag runs.

I dont believe open toed shoes are ok for the hot lap that the guest will get, probably at a minimum sneakers, jeans, and T shirt. O don't recall the guests being issued driving suits....

Simply put, they get to observe your experience. They ride along in the same car as you while moving from event to event. They get low speed line track orientation as well as a low speed pass on the strip. At the end they get a hot lap with an instructor.

My recommendation..... the dinner is nice. Wine is available at a charge per bottle. It may seem anti social, but its a good opportunity to grab a vacant table and focus on the evening and the experience instead of huddling in with 20 people that you will probably never see again.
When the guests are not in the car with you, what is provided for them, if anything. Just thinking if it's scorching hot, starts raining, etc. Do they have places to get out of weather/sun, sit down, etc.?

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
When the guests are not in the car with you, what is provided for them, if anything. Just thinking if it's scorching hot, starts raining, etc. Do they have places to get out of weather/sun, sit down, etc.?
They have canopies set up at the remote locations like the skid car etc.

They are well taken care of and they usually hang out wit the rest of the non driving guests.

Ashpian

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Do you get a "swag bag" at this event like you do at the ST Experience? When we went with our Explorer ST we got a backpack and some other stuff. Just curious if they do that here as well. It will be a while before we go since I just ordered the car last week...

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Do you get a "swag bag" at this event like you do at the ST Experience? When we went with our Explorer ST we got a backpack and some other stuff. Just curious if they do that here as well. It will be a while before we go since I just ordered the car last week...
You get a plastic bag full of junk, a t shirt, and a rear brake caliper as a trophy.

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
They give them a Raptor to sit in

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
See you there. My tux will outdo yours!!!!
Sponsored