Sponsored

Track attack during covid???

The Chairman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘09 GT500KR & ‘16 GT350 Track Pack & ‘20 GT500 HP
This is beginning to make me a little uneasy.
How does the Ford Performance School get paid from Ford? Do they get a check for every qualifying car sold or only if we attend an event? You see where I’m going here.
Every business is making adjustments due to Covid. It would be sad if this school didn’t make adjustments for scheduling during this pandemic.
I tell you what, I’m not getting on a plane unless it’s necessary.
They probably get paid by the “booked” seat. If they can get a backfill, they might let you skip.
Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
I am booked on the 21st and given any unforeseen circumstances plan on attending. They already rescheduled me past the 1 year because they had to cancel my May class. I played a little chicken with them at that point because if I cancelled I would have been over the allowed year, but luckily for me they cancelled it last minute and allowed me to pick any available spot in 2020. I chose the last one they had available.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I have found them to be very inflexible.

They get paid by ford for each student that enrolls if they are qualified (new delivery within 1 year). Ford makes a lot of the rules, but some of the policies are their own.

The last time would have been my 4th GT350 track attack, but I could not get out of work. They didn't want to hear about it. That was it..... gone.

They get paid by other ways. the Standard Mustang daily fee is $2000, $3000 for 2 days. As a new owner of the GT350 or 500, we get a single day "Free" admission to the class. I rescheduled once for my June class due to the travel ban... I had to even pay a penalty fee for that move. Now with the 8/1 travel restrictions to the "Red" states... I'm left in a worse spot because you are only allowed 1 reschedule. I was told if I can't attend in September, I forfeit my "Ticket". Mass requires a 14 day quarantine to anyone that travels out of NE, or a Negative test result upon return.... Seems odd... Get tested down there knowing there is a 10-14 incubation. Plus my work is siding with the mass travel rules. 14 Day PTO after return or a negative result before returning to work. Doesn't sound smart. Also if you don't quarantine or test negative, they could hit you with a $500 per day fine. I'm not canceling at this point in the hopes that they have to shut it all down for the season and move everyone to 2021.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350 Heritage Edition, Civic Type R
This is beginning to make me a little uneasy.
How does the Ford Performance School get paid from Ford? Do they get a check for every qualifying car sold or only if we attend an event? You see where I’m going here.
Every business is making adjustments due to Covid. It would be sad if this school didn’t make adjustments for scheduling during this pandemic.
I tell you what, I’m not getting on a plane unless it’s necessary.
Yeah I am right there with you.

They probably get paid by the amount of slots they can fill or something like that.

Yeah it really would be really stupid if they don't make adjustments. Everything that involves traveling right now has been adjusted to deal with COVID19. Regardless of if the school is ran by Ford or is subcontracted out it is really stupid to not be accommodating to customers that shell out +$65,000. So much for being a "school" lol. When I called yesterday they wouldn't even schedule me even though I already signed the paperwork and the car is in my name, I just get the keys and drive it back. I am picking it up Friday and they said they won't schedule unless I have the car, which is stupid lol

And yeah I'm with you, I am going to be traveling back to California in October to see my doctor again to get some medical tests done. Wearing a mask for 8+ hours on a plane and being paranoid of the guy next to you is not fun at all. I feel like I'm in a gas chamber and freak out when I get a whiff of fresh air. It is such a pain in the ass to travel right now. I feel bad for the people that are getting fucked and are going to go.

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
They get paid by other ways. the Standard Mustang daily fee is $2000, $3000 for 2 days. As a new owner of the GT350 or 500, we get a single day "Free" admission to the class. I rescheduled once for my June class due to the travel ban... I had to even pay a penalty fee for that move. Now with the 8/1 travel restrictions to the "Red" states... I'm left in a worse spot because you are only allowed 1 reschedule. I was told if I can't attend in September, I forfeit my "Ticket". Mass requires a 14 day quarantine to anyone that travels out of NE, or a Negative test result upon return.... Seems odd... Get tested down there knowing there is a 10-14 incubation. Plus my work is siding with the mass travel rules. 14 Day PTO after return or a negative result before returning to work. Doesn't sound smart. Also if you don't quarantine or test negative, they could hit you with a $500 per day fine. I'm not canceling at this point in the hopes that they have to shut it all down for the season and move everyone to 2021.
Damn man that sucks so much. Massachusetts is cramping down on the restrictions. I remember when I traveled to Mass from California back in April when things were beginning to pop off. Texas initially was serious, I had a connecting flight but I still had to fill out a form and when I get off the plane I was questioned by police officers. They had them posted at every gate at the airport it was pretty crazy.

I hope that they shut it down or at least revise their cancellation polices because of the current situation. I feel like it is only a matter of time before COVID shows up at the school.

Sponsored

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Damn man that sucks so much. Massachusetts is cramping down on the restrictions. I remember when I traveled to Mass from California back in April when things were beginning to pop off. Texas initially was serious, I had a connecting flight but I still had to fill out a form and when I get off the plane I was questioned by police officers. They had them posted at every gate at the airport it was pretty crazy.

I hope that they shut it down or at least revise their cancellation polices because of the current situation. I feel like it is only a matter of time before COVID shows up at the school.

Conspiracy Theory or not.... once those kids go back to school.... There is going to be an uptick of cases / deaths with teachers and the parents that the kids infect. The proof is in the numbers in the states that "Opened" early... Florida, Texas and the Carolina's. They are getting slammed right now.

I get that the Performance school has to make ends meet but there needs to be some new pandemic guidance that allows them to credit those stuck in states with travel restrictions. The way they are handling this now, pretty much makes up my mind that I would never consider paying the 2K next year just to get the experience with the base GT. Like it was mentioned above... this isn't a drop in the bucket car for some of us.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Why did they shut down? I attended plenty of tracks with Scca and Scda... Going to New Hampshire motor speedway on Thursday.

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I have found them to be very inflexible.

They get paid by ford for each student that enrolls if they are qualified (new delivery within 1 year). Ford makes a lot of the rules, but some of the policies are their own.

The last time would have been my 4th GT350 track attack, but I could not get out of work. They didn't want to hear about it. That was it..... gone.
Part of the reason for the inflexibility is them having to get instructors to cover the student load, many of which fly in from out of state. If they line up an instructor, that instructor buys non refundable airline tickets for a 1 week stay, then if half the people try to reschedule, they miss out on the revenue but still have the same expense outlay. When you look at it from a business standpoint I can see why they have some of the policies they have. Obviously not great from a customer service standpoint, but since they're the only game in town with gt350's they don't have to worry about competition.

Bulldogs22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
For anyone going to track attack make sure you grab the roast beef sandwich at lunch you won't be disappointed.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
Jus
Why did they shut down? I attended plenty of tracks with Scca and Scda... Going to New Hampshire motor speedway on Thursday.
I would imagine it depends on the track experience. Driving your own car and keeping a safe distance has zero risk.
Driving someone’s else’s car, throwing in another driver/passenger, classrooms etc is another animal. Not to mention getting off a plane the day prior.
We have instructors/pro racers that can give great instruction at a local track near me. For $249 per day and using my own car, it’s a viable alternative for sure.
I get it won’t be the same and the whole pre Covid experience was probably pretty epic at Ford Performance. Now things are very different.
Someone may sue over this but rather unlikely due to the low dollars involved.

Sponsored

Voodoo GT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 GT350 & 2023 Ford Raptor
I originally was scheduled in June and was going except my plane tickets were all cancelled. I called and talked to (I believe Jill) and explained the circumstances and she was very helpful getting me another date (which is actually tomorrow:). I wasn’t charged a fee because I believe she determined it was out of my control. In addition I gave them as much notice as possible. One other note is this pushed me out past the year timeline as well....

I would encourage anybody that Is having travel issues give them a call if you haven’t already. I know that the classes were filling up fast when I rescheduled, so that might now be an issue? Good luck to those who are trying to get this arranged and I’m sorry to those where it hasn’t worked out.

ADDGAMER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
It is what it is at this point. I already exhausted my 1 reschedule that is spelled out in the rules due to Covid travel restrictions in the spring. I just cancelled my +1 non driving guest ticket for my wife.... Now I wait to see what happens with the restrictions. Mass just added RI to the "Red" states. At the end of the day, I still have a GT350 in my driveway while more than 65,000 other 2019 Mustang owners don't ;)

RPDBlueMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is what it is at this point. I already exhausted my 1 reschedule that is spelled out in the rules due to Covid travel restrictions in the spring. I just cancelled my +1 non driving guest ticket for my wife.... Now I wait to see what happens with the restrictions. Mass just added RI to the "Red" states. At the end of the day, I still have a GT350 in my driveway while more than 65,000 other 2019 Mustang owners don't ;)
Yeah that sucks man, I am going to hold off until next year when things die down hopefully. Its definitely not worth the hassle right now.

And yeah you are right you still have a GT350, you can just take it to whatever track you want whenever you want and just practice yourself. The event is only a day, so realistically really won't learn that much. You can only pick up so much stuff in just 5 or 7 hours.

I only want to go for the experience so I can bring my brother.

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
Attending the 8/6 class was a blast Andy was the class instructor and getting to sit in the box seats at Zmaxx was super cool. all of the cars were sanitized and the door handles were taped
events in order for me
1.class instruction
{short drive to Zmaxx}
2.skid car
3.brief instruction inside Zmaxx box seats above the drag strip about the car and its modes
4.hit the slalom course that was laid out and change modes after every 2 laps
5.drive to the end of the drag strip and learn about breaking and heel toe
{drive back to the racing school}
6. LUNCH!!!! the wife and I had the turkey&swiss
{drive out to the ROVAL}
7.followed new instructor after being placed in the fastest group had a blast on each of the 3 20min sesions
8.Instructor lap with driver and then guest
{drive back to racing school}
9. Graduation and schwag bag
10. Wake up the next day start driving home and have your heart ripped out the next morning finding out that your dad had a massive heart attack and passed away

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry y'all are experiencing so much grief.

I went to Utah class in 2016 when I purchased my 2016 GT350. That was a blast and loved that track.

When I purchased the 2019 R, I had the opportunity to go to Charlotte. I had decided since I went to Utah and had tracked at Charlotte last April, I wasnt going to use mine.

Gave it to my BIL and he went in March this year, the week before they closed the school for the "beer virus". He is still smiling from it.
Sponsored