Sponsored

TPMS Reset

BigEasyGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Mine only seem to act up when it's very hot outside. They recognized right away when I put my wheels on in february, and now that it's 90+ degrees everyday, I get either a sensor or monitor fault message midday everyday. However, I went to a track day over the weekend where I swapped back to my stock wheels and put roughly 100 miles on those before I put my niche wheels back on and the sensors have been fine ever since. It's the dumbest thing.

I don't mind doing the relearn procedure where I let air out if it happens again, it's not that big of a deal.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Make sure your tires are inflated to the recommended psi.

2) Turn ignition to the on position. If you have a push button start, push the start button without pressing the brake pedal.

3) Push the hazard light button 6 times. The horn should honk and you should see "Train left front tire" in the LCD display between the tach and speedo.

4) Release air pressure in the front left tire until you hear the horn honk. The LCD display should now read "Train right front tire".

5) Release air pressure in the right front tire until you hear the horn honk.

6) Repeat for the the right rear tire, and then the left rear tire.

7) You should now see "Training Complete" in the LCD display.

8) Fill your tires back up to the recommended pressure.

Can anyone tell me if it matters if you are doing this within the vicinity of your previous wheels/tires? Mine seem to be pulling info from my previous set. I bought a set of PP wheels that supposedly are on the first set of tires that have never been changed but get nothing when I am releasing air after putting it in train mode and ends up saying could not train or something to that effect. Maybe there's just no sensor? Just checking to see if anything else could be throwing it off.

WSUBUM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 EB Premium Guard
Tried the deflate-the-tire-trick and no luck. Used both the "6 hazards" method and brake pedal/ on-off method to trigger the training process. Guess a trainer is on order.
Sponsored