Sponsored

TPMS NIGHTMARE ON MY 2015 GT 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
TPMS KEEPS SAYING TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT WHEN I'M TRYING TO RE-TRAIN ALL 4 TPMS SENSORS & THIS HAS HAPPENED MULTIPLE TIMES RIGHT AFTER RE-TRAINING THE LEFT FRONT TIRE FIRST DURING THIS EASY PROCEDURE I FOUND OUT ABOUT ONLINE THAT USES NO TOOL BUT INSTEAD TELLS YOU TO LET 10% OF THE AIR OUT OF THE TIRE & ENOUGH TO ENABLE SYNCING BECAUSE OF THE LOW TIRE PRESSURE WARNING LIGHT MECHANISM GOING OFF & IN TURN HONKING THE HORN TWICE TO TELL YOU IT'S SYNCED. BUT WHILE LETTING A LOT OF AIR OUT TO GET THE HORN TO HONK TWICE ON THE 2ND TO TRAIN/RIGHT FRONT TIRE THE HEADS-UP DASH DISPLAY SHOWS TIRE NOT TRAINED REPEAT. WHY IS THIS HAPPENING WHEN THE SENSOR IN THE RIGHT FRONT TIRE IS GOOD BECAUSE IT'S PRESSURE IS DISPLAYED CORRECTLY ON THE DASH ACCORDING TO HOW MUCH IT'S PRESSURE HAS GONE DOWN DURING ALL OF THIS ALSO? I AM BEYOND CONFUSED ESPECIALLY AFTER GETTING THE HORN TO HONK ON THE RIGHT FRONT BUT STILL TELLING ME IT IS NOT TRAINED AS IF TO LIE YOU KNOW! I NEED HELP NOW AS I'M A 6 YEAR cancer SURVIVNG DISABLED VETERAN WHO WOULD LIKE TO FIX THIS HIMSELF INSTEAD OF PAYING THE DEALERSHIP EXORBANT AMOUNTS OF MONEY & I ALSO DON'T WANT THEIR TECHS POLLUTING MY CAR'S CLEAN INTERIOR AIR WITH ANY VIRUSES AS I'M ALSO A 6 YEAR mac lung infection SURVIVOR AS WELL!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
BUT THE SENSOR IS GOOD AS THE DASH READS THE R/F TIRE'S PRESSURE FINE DURING THIS RE-LEARNING PROCEDURE BUT IT JUST DOESN'T WANT TO BE RE-TRAINED SO I CAN RE-TRAIN THE OTHER 2 REAR TIRES' SENSORS & COMPLETE THE PROCESS YOU KNOW. I REALLY CAN'T AFFORD SENSORS OR THEIR INSTALLATIONS OR ESPECIALLY THE EXPERTS AT THE DEALERSHIP!!!

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
That does not mean the sensor is good, when i swap my winter wheels with out sensors the display shows the last tire pressure it saw. Its probably a bad sensor they have a limited battery life

Sponsored

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Do you have a spare set of tires(and rims) near by? Other ford cars with parked very close?

I had issues with my car not learning/recognizing my snow wheels and vice versa when it came to switching to the summer ones.

Mspider

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I would start with all new brand new sensors installed by tire shop or dealership. Then see if that fixes the problem.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Hard to take anyone serious who does that.
all military communique are issued in ALL_CAPS. He's probably just a telecommunications non-com used to typing on the Teletype :)

I mean if he can't afford a $25 valve stem+sensor, he clearly is suffering from military wages.

I'm sure somebody at the VFW can lend a hand and bleach-bomb the car after it's been soiled by dealer technicians.

And as a final helpful solution, just buy one of those tire pressure gauges with a dial and hose on it and check the PSI yourself and screw the stupid computer.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
Thanks for the information Basspro302 you know. And I guess I'll have to buy a new sensor & put it on the right front wheel & re-train it successfully. And that's after I first put one older spare wheel, I have on the right front you know which hopefully has a good enough sensor in it to re-train it which will therefore allow me also you know to re-train the other 2 rear wheels after that & "COMPLETE THE PROCESS" "FINALLY" & "FIX"-"MY"-"DAMN"-"NIGHTMARE" TPMS PROBLEM "FROM EVER HAPPENING AGAIN THEREFORE YOU KNOW!!!"

xtac1080

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / 2018 F650 / 2020 F550
Instead of ripping your hair out, just take it to an independent shop. It takes at most 5 minutes to relearn tpms with a proper tool.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
I know how to re-train the sensors without a tool so I'm not paying anyone to do that. And you can get the same tool on amazon for about $12.99 you know. If it's even mandatorily needed for that when instead you can just let out about 10% or a little more than that of the tire's recommended 32 psi to start with which in turn syncs the sensor in the rim to the tpms part of the car's computer because it sets off the low tire warning light by doing that & honks the horn twice to let you know it's synced when it does lose enough air that way.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TERENCE
Vehicle(s)
2015 MUSTANG GT/5.0
TO all on here I forgot to mention you know that this all started when my low tire warning light came on suddenly for no reason & under normal driving conditions with the left front tire pressure showing only 3 little dots on the dash's instrument panel. while the other 3 tire's pressure readings on the dash were fine at that same time & still are. So still does anyone have an inexpensive solution to this problem?

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I would start with all new brand new sensors installed by tire shop or dealership. Then see if that fixes the problem.
Reading through this thread, taking the car's age into consideration and a sense of other things going on, I agree: go to Ford Performance and order an entire set (4) of Ford TPMS sensors. Take them to any tire place you're comfortable with and have them installed. Being a 2015 car, they might have to be re-trained. I know on newer cars they train themselves.

An new set of factory Ford sensors will establish a baseline and remove any doubt they are an issue.

Sensors have a battery and and accelerometer. A new set of sensors will ensure all four have good assemblies.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
At 6 or more years old I am thinking TPMS battery is going .
Sponsored