Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
While I am typically the last person to call for more government anything, driving is a privilege not a right.

So I am ALL IN FAVOR of both a combined strategy of FAR more stringent testing to get a license. FAR more testing to RENEW a license and FAR more policing on the roads (ie, warning/ticketing slow morons in left lane, idiots who never leave enough space at stoplights for people to go around them to turn right, distracted driving, basically stopping the mentality of people thinking they are only ones on the road).

I am also in favor of FAR greater punishments for people caught with suspended licenses, no insurance, and DUI/DWI.

People like you are usually all for more regulations... Until it negatively affects YOU, that is. You’re a liberal, am I right?
Sponsored

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
More hoops to jump through = less interest.
Less interest = less sales.
Less sales = potential end of production.

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB, 2013 Mustang, 2017 F150SC, 2019 Flex
Vehicle Showcase
I have always felt that the most dangerous thing on the road was a young girl with a cell phone in a Honda. The big problem is the gatherings like Cars and Coffee, where idiots peel out in crowds. In today’s instant news, every time a showboater pulls a dumb stunt, it really hurts the responsible drivers. And for those who think that performance cars are not under attack, look at California.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I have always felt that the most dangerous thing on the road was a young girl with a cell phone in a Honda. The big problem is the gatherings like Cars and Coffee, where idiots peel out in crowds. In today’s instant news, every time a showboater pulls a dumb stunt, it really hurts the responsible drivers. And for those who think that performance cars are not under attack, look at California.
They are absolutely under attack! “FAR” more stringent licensing would just be another nail in the coffin.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
People like you are usually all for more regulations... Until it negatively affects YOU, that is. You’re a liberal, am I right?
Just read a few of my posts in the politics section and you'll get your answer. :clap:

You missed the first line of my reply where I said I am normally never for more government but driving is a privilege not a right. And until they give everyday citizens the power to punish morons on the road, then it will fall on government to enforce the laws and up the training requirements.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I hate government over reach, but if adjustments are not made, more and more average drivers start getting upset. If it goes too far, you let the extremists make the rules. One of the biggest car shows is the Tulsa annual Starbird event. On the lower level are the rat rods and burnout area. This year the burnouts created a huge smog that affected breathing. Then, a van caught fire, adding huge additional soot in the air. You had hundreds of custom cars and show cars getting dusted with black soot. The next day, the fire marshall was cracking down on the regular car owners. In some political climates, they would cancel future car shows instead of adjusting the rules. It is our duty to help find ways to stop the idiots before they ruin it for us.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Just read a few of my posts in the politics section and you'll get your answer. :clap:

You missed the first line of my reply where I said I am normally never for more government but driving is a privilege not a right. And until they give everyday citizens the power to punish morons on the road, then it will fall on government to enforce the laws and up the training requirements.
Like I said, more regulations would do nothing but harm. It’s not YOUR job to punish “morons” on the road. Why don’t you mind your own business? Stop being such a busybody.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
I hate government over reach, but if adjustments are not made, more and more average drivers start getting upset. If it goes too far, you let the extremists make the rules. One of the biggest car shows is the Tulsa annual Starbird event. On the lower level are the rat rods and burnout area. This year the burnouts created a huge smog that affected breathing. Then, a van caught fire, adding huge additional soot in the air. You had hundreds of custom cars and show cars getting dusted with black soot. The next day, the fire marshall was cracking down on the regular car owners. In some political climates, they would cancel future car shows instead of adjusting the rules. It is our duty to help find ways to stop the idiots before they ruin it for us.
There is no “but”. You either hate it, or you are part of the problem. Don’t tell me a little tire smoke caused a breathing problem. That’s horseshit.

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Not too bright, are you. A 'little' tire smoke does not produce a black haze over a huge area. Not to mention the diesel smoke with it. There were lots of young and elderly people feeling the effects and I had to leave because 2/5 of my lung capacity was removed recently. The whole issue would have been resolved before it got that bad, if somebody had arranged the building fans to exhaust the fumes. I hate when any group of people fail to use common sense. There are people I know on the Wall that gave all for a nation that they believed in, not for the self serving rantings of a few morons.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
Not too bright, are you. A 'little' tire smoke does not produce a black haze over a huge area. Not to mention the diesel smoke with it. There were lots of young and elderly people feeling the effects and I had to leave because 2/5 of my lung capacity was removed recently. The whole issue would have been resolved before it got that bad, if somebody had arranged the building fans to exhaust the fumes. I hate when any group of people fail to use common sense. There are people I know on the Wall that gave all for a nation that they believed in, not for the self serving rantings of a few morons.
Sounds to me like you should sell your Mustang and stick to your flex. It suits you better.

Sponsored

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
This is, literally, the stupidest crap I’ve ever seen on this forum.

There are already laws against speeding, reckless driving, demonstrations of speed, unsafe lane changes, etc, etc, etc. You may have a 700 hp car but you can’t drive it like you’re at Indy while you’re on the street. So what, exactly, is this “special licensing” intended to allow you to do? Prove you can handle 700 hp and you get to drive 50 over the speed limit?

Wow.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Like I said, more regulations would do nothing but harm. It’s not YOUR job to punish “morons” on the road. Why don’t you mind your own business? Stop being such a busybody.
So some additional preventative measures in place to avoid future injuries/deaths is a terrible idea? Less accidents also leads to lower insurance rates for everyone. More enforcement and penalties for idiots without insurance or driving without valid licenses also leads to lower insurance rates for everyone. Not sure how anyone could be against this.

I'd like to see you be so bold in the faces of the loved ones affected by these morons that could have been prevented.

Again, driving is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Thus the more we can do to ensure the safety of the roads the better.

CAL Captain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang
So some additional preventative measures in place to avoid future injuries/deaths is a terrible idea? Less accidents also leads to lower insurance rates for everyone. More enforcement and penalties for idiots without insurance or driving without valid licenses also leads to lower insurance rates for everyone. Not sure how anyone could be against this.

I'd like to see you be so bold in the faces of the loved ones affected by these morons that could have been prevented.

Again, driving is a PRIVILEGE not a RIGHT. Thus the more we can do to ensure the safety of the roads the better.
Yeah, the govt ALWAYS tells you, “It’s for your safety” as they steal more and more of your liberty. And it’s almost always with stupid crap like this.

I notice you didn’t respond to my post above. What is this “700 hp” license supposed to get you? The ”privilege” of driving 150 in a 65 zone? How about allowing you to do donuts in the middle of intersections? Burnouts from stop signs?

The fact is that every one of us with these kinds of cars, at various times, drives fast and to the edge of the cars abilities. IT’S ALREADY ILLEGAL and no “high-performance” license is going to allow us to break the laws already in place.

Why do people continue to invite more and more govt into their lives???

OP
OP
Bear376

Bear376

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
If you cannot figure out simple common sense, you may be one of the problems Anyone who has driven a car with lots of power, knows that even in dry weather, not being careful can put you into a ditch. And it takes training and experience to handle a high torque engine in slick conditions. Even Ford demands special training as part of the purchase agreement for the GT. We have to accept that some cars are not designed for Suzie's sweet sixteen present. If someone buys one, they should be taught how to safely use it like any piece of equipment.

If you take your car to a mechanic, you want him to understand how to properly use the diagnostic equipment, or if you fly, the pilot didn't get his license on-line. Any profession that involves health and/or safety issues are required to have training, certification, and stiff penalties if they violate the conditions of license. And a politician or executive in a community has no legal right to order a licensed employee how to perform their duty.

Tone Everready

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB and 2019 GT
...Why do people continue to invite more and more govt into their lives???
I cannot for the life of me figure this out. It's hard to watch.
Sponsored