• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
You will throw codes if you put a non active exhaust on an active exhaust car unless you get some kind of attachment to put on the actuators so it thinks it is installed properly.
Yup! Focus RSs (traded in a '16 on my GT) all came with a valved exhaust system. Ditch/deactivate the valve on the OEM system, or go to an aftermarket non valved system and you not only threw a code (and a lovely dash board light to go with it!) but disabled all your drive modes other than normal!

Plugging an Exhaust Valve Defeat Module (about $25 from several different after market suppliers) into the electric dongle that "used to" plug into the valve assembly created an electronic loop to fool the computer. No dash board light or code, and all four drive modes were available.

PS: I always wondered why I never bought an exhaust system from Ford Performance. Now I know why. :crackup:
Sponsored

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Yup! Focus RSs (traded in a '16 on my GT) all came with a valved exhaust system. Ditch/deactivate the valve on the OEM system, or go to an aftermarket non valved system and you not only threw a code (and a lovely dash board light to go with it!) but disabled all your drive modes other than normal!

Plugging an Exhaust Valve Defeat Module (about $25 from several different after market suppliers) into the electric dongle that "used to" plug into the valve assembly created an electronic loop to fool the computer. No dash board light or code, and all four drive modes were available.

PS: I always wondered why I never bought an exhaust system from Ford Performance. Now I know why. :crackup:
Well, I guess $50 to resolve the issue isn't too bad. And I'm assuming this situation would occur with any non-active system, not just Ford Performance, right? Or there are other reasons why the statement of never buying Ford Performance?

Wiley Marmot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Prem
Yea. The $2300-$2700 price of entry. :shock: For that kind of scratch I'd want to see some serious HP & TQ gains on a dyno chart first! I'd prefer to direct that kind of investment into a Livernois Motorsports 93 octane or E 85 tune; rather than replace an exhaust system that's likely not up against it's flow limit yet.

Don't get me wrong; if someone has the money, and wants a different exhaust for whatever reason (different sound, tips/color/number, etc) that's :sunglasses:.

Now; Ford could seriously tantalize me with an all Ti system! HATE to see the price of entry on that though! The Car Gods only know how long it would take me to collect enough returnable cans and bottles to pay for it! :crackup:

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Yea. The $2300-$2700 price of entry. :shock: For that kind of scratch I'd want to see some serious HP & TQ gains on a dyno chart first! I'd prefer to direct that kind of investment into a Livernois Motorsports 93 octane or E 85 tune; rather than replace an exhaust system that's likely not up against it's flow limit yet.

Don't get me wrong; if someone has the money, and wants a different exhaust for whatever reason (different sound, tips/color/number, etc) that's :sunglasses:.

Now; Ford could seriously tantalize me with an all Ti system! HATE to see the price of entry on that though! The Car Gods only know how long it would take me to collect enough returnable cans and bottles to pay for it! :crackup:
Got it, and totally understand the point. So now, I'm re-thinking option since again, I don't mind the H-pipe with stock active setup.

1. Go full Corsa extreme cat-back setup.....

2. Just find new exhaust tips, powder coat, and not worry about the affect on the valves since I don't mind if they're stuck WIDE OPEN anyway :)

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order

I picked up approximately 35 rwhp with my new cat back system. 😉 Seriously, I couldn't agree more. I like the look of the tips on the Ford Performance system and the sound, and yes, they're expensive. In reality, the only reason I did it was because I can. I'm guessing I may have actually picked up 1 horsepower if that, but the sound puts a smile on my face. I had an old friend who passed away several years ago. He said that if you leave money for your kids, you haven't spent it properly. 😁

S650Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Silverado, '21 Grand Cherokee L, '24 Mustang
I had the Ford dealership where I bought my car install the system. I've been going there for years and they've done a bunch of performance work for me in the past. My car came with the OEM dual tips, so I seriously doubt if they had to remove the rear valence. Tips look like they belong. I personally like the look of the chrome. Gives a little "pop" to the back of the car.
This kit comes with the dark horse rear valance. I assume the rear valance was installed and the catback exhaust? From my understanding the catback exhaust comes with 5" quad tips which would probably not fit the active exhaust dual tip valance.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
Just checked my invoice. I got the Ford Performance/Borla GT M5200M5EC Extreme active cat back system w/chrome plated 4" tips. They used my stock rear valence.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Only the 5" quad tips require the DH rear valence. Honestly imo 3k for a rear valence and a Borla catback system with 5" tips doesn't sound too bad of a deal for AVE support. It's what I'm planning on getting at least.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Thought about this too......just can't get myself for $400ish forbkist tips, and not sure I really like the finish. Since they have MBRP cut through them and I'm not sure if it's the same gap all around. I'm not worried about drilling or anything, just if I'm going to only go tips, I'm thinking about getting some others and powder coating bronze to weld on (since I have bronze package).

Eremyjay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 GT
Yes, it was installed a couple of weeks ago. It's pretty loud. I'm deaf, so I run it in track mode most of the time. 😀 Love the way it pops and cracks when I downshift.
Video please of drive by and cold starts, thank you kindly :thumbsup:

Last edited:

TXGT29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Thanks for the tip. Site says some drilling is required...is this something my dealership can install for a fee or is this something I can do myself with minimal risk to my (potential future) car warranty?
It's just drilling an additional hole in the bottom of existing tip right next to the already existing drain hole in the bottom. Shouldn't be difficult and "shouldn't" do anything with warranty.
Sponsored