Got it just pull.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Got it just pull.
You need to push the sdcard back in a little bit and it'll pop out. The hole under the sdcard is to reset the unit...

DevilDogDoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB 6spd Ruby Red
Thank you for the help its in now and good! Does the time not display anymore in the nav?

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you for the help its in now and good! Does the time not display anymore in the nav?
To be honest I don't remember lol. I don't use too often... I'll double check whenever I'll have time.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Oxford White
Gosh What happened??? Are you okay?!
I let my wife's coworker's boyfriend drive. He got 1/10th mile up my road and spun out backwards into the ditch. I spent 4 hours and a 12 pack on Sunday working on it, and I got lucky, it's good as new now. Sorry about the hijacking!

3.jpg

Anyhow, TomTop is installed and working great, I like the new NAV software, my only complaint with it is that the Voice navigation sounds very staticy, and when I updated the unit itself, it went back to "one connected," so I gotta redo the lang file. I too copied all of the system files to my SD card and poked around, I may work on changing the look as well.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Hopefully I'm not coming off too impatient (lol) but are there any updates we might be able to expect before the new year? Perhaps after the new year?

Again, I speak for all of us when I say thank you for your work and making this unit better for all of us. :thumbsup:

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully I'm not coming off too impatient (lol) but are there any updates we might be able to expect before the new year? Perhaps after the new year?

Again, I speak for all of us when I say thank you for your work and making this unit better for all of us. :thumbsup:
What other updates are you looking for?

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
The most useful update/mod, would be a way to save brightness/backlight/contrast settings. Every time I restart the unit, it defaults to a very low backlight setting. It would save me about 12 finger taps every start.

I imagine there is a default value that is stored in a CFG or INI file somewhere. If we knew what that file was called, it would be nice to upload a modified version which included our desired settings.

Also my Clock settings will not save. It is perpetually one hour ahead. I used a different timezone setting in the past to get around this. However, since daylight savings time, I am attempting to set it to "Eastern " but it doesn't save after restart.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The most useful update/mod, would be a way to save brightness/backlight/contrast settings. Every time I restart the unit, it defaults to a very low backlight setting. It would save me about 12 finger taps every start.

I imagine there is a default value that is stored in a CFG or INI file somewhere. If we knew what that file was called, it would be nice to upload a modified version which included our desired settings.

Also my Clock settings will not save. It is perpetually one hour ahead. I used a different timezone setting in the past to get around this. However, since daylight savings time, I am attempting to set it to "Eastern " but it doesn't save after restart.

Have you updated your firmware to the latest one posted on the website? I assume you've tried turning on/off the "Automatic Brightness" in the display settings to no avail? Mine is plenty bright in the daytime, and when I turn my lights on it dims, but still very visible in daylight. Mine also saved in Eastern time with no trouble.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I let my wife's coworker's boyfriend drive. He got 1/10th mile up my road and spun out backwards into the ditch. I spent 4 hours and a 12 pack on Sunday working on it, and I got lucky, it's good as new now. Sorry about the hijacking!

3.jpg

Anyhow, TomTop is installed and working great, I like the new NAV software, my only complaint with it is that the Voice navigation sounds very staticy, and when I updated the unit itself, it went back to "one connected," so I gotta redo the lang file. I too copied all of the system files to my SD card and poked around, I may work on changing the look as well.
That's why I don't let anyone driving my car lol. I'm glad you're okay and it's fixed now :thumbsup:.

You could change the theme for the NAV but I chose that one because it's small on resources and won't crash. The other themes will work but it'll take more resources and from time to time it'll crash. For the sound I don't have any issues though... (Look on the website and a page before I believe I put my settings to help y'all).

I spotted a file that the unit flashes whenever we update it. I shared a screenshot with [MENTION=17118]ranger11x[/MENTION] yesterday or 2 days ago. Anyways... Not sure if it'll work and I need the re-sign the file after I modify it. I don't have my car today my wife is using it. I'll try it whenever I can. (The file seems to show that the unit support 1080x720 but is defaulted at 800x480. Also, I found brightness, contrast, and backlight preset as well. I'll keep y'all updated on the forum and website.

PatrickHenninger

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You could change the theme for the NAV but I chose that one because it's small on resources and won't crash. The other themes will work but it'll take more resources and from time to time it'll crash. For the sound I don't have any issues though... (Look on the website and a page before I believe I put my settings to help y'all).
I'm just talking about little stuff on the entire GUI. The arrows, color of shaded menus, etc. I should be able to pull them off, edit and replace them, if I can't do it manually, I'll repack them in the skin file and use the update file to fix it.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
What other updates are you looking for?
I know there's a couple posts after this one but I was just asking to see if they had any planned updates they're currently working on. Maybe some we haven't heard about.

I know others have had issues with brightness and such. I don't think I have this issue. Actually I will ask for those who do have this issue is it possible that you leave your headlamps in "Auto" mode? (Headlight switch turned all the way to the right) I think it dims when you have it set to auto on/off.

There's the play/pause button in Chinese as well. Just seeing if there's been any progress on those small things.

I think I'm with a lot of people on getting a Sync3 theme up and running. That's what I'm most excited and waiting patiently for.
Sponsored