Sponsored

Todays Mod - Custom Painted Engine Bay/Calipers

muztangman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sweetness
No disrepect but yes those are extremely peely actually its dry spray is what you have. I do custom paint and body own a hydrographics business and when I do covers it looks like you could jump in and take a swim thats how wet they look. If people are happy with that then ford should come on this forum and realize they can use krylon to cut back on costs as people cant tell the difference

Sponsored

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Who really cares? The man wanted to get his own hands dirty. It's just coil covers and an engine cover. I don't agree with paying hundreds of dollars either for dipped/painted engine covers either but you do with your car what you will, as he does with his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muztangman93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sweetness
He asked for honest opinions Im giving mine Im sure alot of others would agree. Nothing worse then going to a car show and seeing a 40k car with spray painted parts under the hood.

BlackDragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT
Reason I asked was because I had mine done professionally (intake runners, stb, engine and coil covers) after doing some parts myself and not being happy how they came out. I used high temp engine paint too.

When I asked how they got the parts to look that good, the shop I used told me that its all about the prep. How you clean the part, how the part is prepped, the primer used, and the adhesion promoter chosen.

Had it done August 2011, still looks perfect like the first day it was done.

gunsnbutta

its just a 2 door fusion
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
He asked for honest opinions Im giving mine Im sure alot of others would agree. Nothing worse then going to a car show and seeing a 40k car with spray painted parts under the hood.

Again, it's his car. He will do with it as he pleases. I see tons of cars with stuff I would never imagine doing. If you don't like it, don't comment. Oh, and I can think of plenty more that are worse than spray painted plastic parts under the hood. C'mon guy. It looks decent and he likes the turn out, what else really matters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

OP
OP
Robinson02

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0
haha oh yea. I mean i've been to several car shows and have seen shitty under hood paint. However, this is one that we done about 2 years ago and it still looks brand new. Also, she has won car shows too. Not to mention several head turns.

Screenshot_2015-01-11-15-53-49-1 by BKRmustangV6, on Flickr

No, I asked for opinions and I enjoy all of them guys so keep them coming.

By all means, if I had the money to spend $500 to get the whole thing hydrodipped in carbon fiber and green i would. but....id rather spend that on an exhaust or a CAI.

OP
OP
Robinson02

Robinson02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kody
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black 5.0

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Love the black wheels with colored calipers.i did mine in red a few weeks ago:)

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Still thinking about red calipers on my DIB car. Won't be until the spring though. I had red Cobra calipers on my '95 GT convertible, but it was factory calipers that came red.

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Did you race that lexus is-f yet? I love those, almost went that route used.

Sponsored

NavyChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang TY
Wow all that stuff looks awesome where you get the paint. I want triple yellow lol

FreddyG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 wheels and a seat
Thank you guys! Yea my color scheme will be all black everything with the exception of the calipers and the dot in the badge, and of course the engine bay.

No, there is no clear coat afterwards...at least yet. Everything just pops so there was no need. But I am going to look at it a week from today and then decide if I am going to clear coat it.

Most people do performance stuff first, but this one is going to be a show car for the first couple years. Hoping this kind of stuff can help me win some shows
That wouldn't have been my choice of colors, but it does look Great! Nice job with thinking outside of the box! :thumbsup:

I'd rethink clear coating the green because it will protect the paint if anything gets on it. You can buy the clear in cans that is shiny or matte too.

By the way, you or your Buddy did a Great job on painting the letters too. It takes a pretty steady hand to get it looking that good.

Nice job! :cheers:

robb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
As long as you like it that's all that matters! Good job! :D

nite

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
C6 Corvette
Good job, man! I like to do stuff with my own hands as well (and save a ton of money for actual performance mods).

Don't sweat the haters. They just can't stand when people get nation-wide recognition for home jobs while they're getting none for their pro jobs. Good on you, dude.