Sponsored

To E85 or not to E85? That is the question

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
After reading all this, I decided to order this. I ordered an Flex Fuel tune and E85 Race tune. What gauges all you programming on your Nguage to watch? Can I mix flex fuel with race fuel and run the E85 Race tune? Just looking for advice, as I'm new to all this. Thanks!
Sponsored

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
After reading all this, I decided to order this. I ordered an Flex Fuel tune and E85 Race tune. What gauges all you programming on your Nguage to watch? Can I mix flex fuel with race fuel and run the E85 Race tune? Just looking for advice, as I'm new to all this. Thanks!
E85 race tune is exactly that. It's tuned specifically for an E85 blend, nothing more, nothing less so you need to be careful with blending, unless you are trying to increase the ethanol content to meet E85 standards. The flex tune is "flexible" hence the name. It can handle adjusting itself for changes of fuel type but they leave a little off the table to make it safe. That's why you get a dedicated E85 race tune because they pretty much pull all the performance they can from the E85 so it's always expecting the same parameters. Higher timing advanced so running a poor quality fuel or something it's not calibrated to run "could" cause catastrophic failure.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E85 race tune is exactly that. It's tuned specifically for an E85 blend, nothing more, nothing less so you need to be careful with blending, unless you are trying to increase the ethanol content to meet E85 standards. The flex tune is "flexible" hence the name. It can handle adjusting itself for changes of fuel type but they leave a little off the table to make it safe. That's why you get a dedicated E85 race tune because they pretty much pull all the performance they can from the E85 so it's always expecting the same parameters. Higher timing advanced so running a poor quality fuel or something it's not calibrated to run "could" cause catastrophic failure.

Just hoping for an extra 10 or so. Looks like I will also need injectors if I go with IM?

OP
OP
5.oh

5.oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford white 5.0
Well, decided to feed my shit box some corn. Everything needed is on the way to the house. Now who to tune? Lund? Palm Beach? other?

Sponsored

Dosia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
AED for me

Eleanor15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Holy shit 12 mpg? lol damn I have to beat on mine a good bit to get it down to a little over 15. Mixed driving is usually 17 or so. And when I baby it up to 19 around town. LTH cold airaid intake Gibson exhaust and tuned 432 to the wheels

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Lund tuned here. 11.63 in a 4000 pound car and a few minor bolt ons.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ordered and John and Dakota was great on answering all questions. I went out and made the 3rd gear pulls as requested and they sent an E85 race tune back after looking over the logs. They say that this adds another 3 degrees of timing in and has more aggressive timing ramps. I'm almost tempted to put it back on the dyno to see where the race tune would bump the numbers to. I haven't had a chance to really drive it much due to the weather.