Sponsored

Tire Help!

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Okay..I've checked out several threads and still trying to narrow down tire choices for my wheels. I'll be getting Project 6GR 20" wheels.

Tire choices are

Nitto 555G2
Michelin Pilot Super sport
Toyo R888
Nitto Invo's

Car may see some auto x duty but, mainly just driving. Looking for a really good dry and decent wet handling tire and decent amount of tread life.

Go!
Sponsored

melwff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2486
looking at Tire Rack
you do realize the Nitto, Michelin, and Nitto are summer only and I'm sure in Maryland the temperatures drop below 40 ?
you do realize the Toyo R888 is not for the street?

OP
OP
Bonefish

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
looking at Tire Rack
you do realize the Nitto, Michelin, and Nitto are summer only and I'm sure in Maryland the temperatures drop below 40 ?
you do realize the Toyo R888 is not for the street?
I do...perhaps I should add that my GT is a second car and will see maybe 5000 miles per year at best. It'll only be out April-October and is garaged all other times. I've got 2 other DD's so, I don't need anything but, a summer tire.

Yes...on the Toyo however many people use them on the street. I ran drag radials on the street on my Shelby. I don't think the Toyo's are really any different than a drag radial. My buddy was running these on his GT-R and i know a few running them DD on their GT's.

Perhaps I should have added that information although I really was just looking for those that had these tires and their thoughts on them.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Nitto NT555G2

&

MPSS

Those would be the 2 best for all around MPSS being the better of the 2.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
From my research re71r is top dog for a street tire and the re11 will be a good one as well with good tread wear. Ad08r is another good one in between both of those

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bonefish

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
Wow..so much help. LOL.

Oh well I'll do more research myself. Probably going to go with Nitto's anyway.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Wow..so much help. LOL.

Oh well I'll do more research myself. Probably going to go with Nitto's anyway.
DO the Nitto youll like them.

OP
OP
Bonefish

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
DO the Nitto youll like them.
I agree. For the money I don't think there is a better choice. I was going to go Toyo but, my concern is wear, road noise and if I get caught in the rain. I mean I drove on drag radials in the rain before without much issue but, don't want to really do that again. I like the MPSS but, almost $600.00 more...not this time around.

My car will only see limited miles and limited track duty so, I'm trying for the best all around tire and I think the Nitto's will do the trick. I did consider the Invo too but, not sure it's really worth the additional coin.

Thanks for your help PKAUTODESIGN!

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
I agree. For the money I don't think there is a better choice. I was going to go Toyo but, my concern is wear, road noise and if I get caught in the rain. I mean I drove on drag radials in the rain before without much issue but, don't want to really do that again. I like the MPSS but, almost $600.00 more...not this time around.

My car will only see limited miles and limited track duty so, I'm trying for the best all around tire and I think the Nitto's will do the trick. I did consider the Invo too but, not sure it's really worth the additional coin.

Thanks for your help PKAUTODESIGN!
You got the right mindset brotha, and no worries I remember we spoke a few times about the wheels when I was at the old shop. Glad to see you got yourself a set of shoes you wanted.

Enjoy them and if you ever need anything whatever it is even a general question im here to help out.

OP
OP
Bonefish

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Shelby GT350 TY
You got the right mindset brotha, and no worries I remember we spoke a few times about the wheels when I was at the old shop. Glad to see you got yourself a set of shoes you wanted.

Enjoy them and if you ever need anything whatever it is even a general question im here to help out.

Paul....Hey man..okay now I get it..PKAutoDesign..duh! LOL. Yes we did talk...I do remember. Thanks..I very much appreciate the help!

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
Paul....Hey man..okay now I get it..PKAutoDesign..duh! LOL. Yes we did talk...I do remember. Thanks..I very much appreciate the help!
haha ya brotha no worries lol, there was some confusion when I left some things werent properly stated by the old place it confused everyone, but its all good im here im reaching out to everyone and helping everyone out.

No worries brotha im always here if you need me.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Nitto 555G2
Michelin Pilot Super sport
Toyo R888
Nitto Invo's

Car may see some auto x duty but, mainly just driving. Looking for a really good dry and decent wet handling tire and decent amount of tread life.

Go!
MPSS.

I have over 4000 street miles on one of my sets, and 1200 or so track miles on top of that. They might not be grippy enough, or grippy enough quickly enough for autocross, but I'm consistently datalogging beyond 1.2g lateral after a warmup lap or three on a road course (0.9-ish even in street driving). Here's what they currently look like, maybe 40% worn. 285/35's on 18x11's, but the diameter doesn't matter much as far as the street and track cornering and braking performances are concerned

picture.jpg

Wet weather performance - outstanding so far.

[ame]

Norm