Sponsored

Tips and Tricks when installing underglow?

Twister_Orange_5oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mustang GT Premium
Hello,

I've just ordered the following kit:

OPT7 Aura Pro Underglow

I was wondering if I could get advice from others who have installed underglow. I installed a flex strip set on another s550 mustang and hated the wire cable management. We also connected directly to battery which I knew was redneck.

For this kit, I'd like to integrate it into the fuse box. So, questions related to that include:
  • Is there a specific fuse recommended?
  • Do any fuses have switched from the cabin?
  • Should I tap into specific lights instead?

Other questions:
  • I installed jacking rails. Best spot to mount and screw in given I don't want to slap on the rails?
  • Should I glue magnets to the strips instead of screwing in to allow them to be removable?
Also, wondering where to mount the controller. I was thinking of slapping it somewhere on the passenger side under the hood somewhere and protecting it with electrical tape. But I want to make sure I do it right as the car will be a show car for the most part. I'm just trying my best to make sure all work is done by myself. Each project is meant to teach me something.

20220701_202456.jpg
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Read my post about underglow. Another member has the same kit and gave me some good advice. Was going to install last weekend but got too hot outside so I'll be doing it Sunday morning

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Read my post about underglow. Another member has the same kit and gave me some good advice. Was going to install last weekend but got too hot outside so I'll be doing it Sunday morning
Do you have a link

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
What is reasonable to pay for the install of rim lights?
Sponsored