1993 Coyote Coupe

clubamericalara

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
im on the second set of tint kit ordered and still messed up again.. looks great from a distance but once you get closer you can see the wrinkles on passenger side middle and right tribars. debating if i should just rip it off and settle with red taillights :(

AMAlexLazarus

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.americanmuscle.com
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
'14 F150 EcoBoost/'08 Bullitt
im on the second set of tint kit ordered and still messed up again.. looks great from a distance but once you get closer you can see the wrinkles on passenger side middle and right tribars. debating if i should just rip it off and settle with red taillights :(
[MENTION=11663]clubamericalara[/MENTION] - Care to post up some pictures so we can get another look? Sorry to hear about the trouble but if they can't be corrected on your end I'm happy to have the kit replaced for you free of charge.

Alex

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
The trick is,,, don't spray the lights like YouTube/instructions shows. Spray the film only and lightly but fully covered. work the rounds of the head lights first and wrap and dry as you work the film down. Don't over dry it be patient!!!! Use only as much water/soap solution a needed no more. Too much won't kill the project but most won't be patient enough to get it dried out and bubbles will get you. If you feel the film is drying before you can wrap, spray a little more. You'll get it!
Also don't worry about it if film over hags edge of tail light, trim it off with razor blade once dry.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StoplightWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 STi, 2016 Camaro SS, 2016 Infiniti QX50
The comments about having trouble installing scares me. I got my kit from AM a few weeks ago but I still haven't worked the nerve to attempt install. I called a local tint shop to see if they would do it but they told me they don't do them anymore because they had too many problems when they messed up one of the lights and had to buy their customers new kits. That didn't inspire confidence!

jwhite

jwhite
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J. Brad
Vehicle(s)
15 Gt PP Roush SC'ed/16 GT 350 TrackPack 1970 Mach1
So I have to disagree with the concerns about it decreasing visibility. Before I put these on myself that was my #1 concern. It wasn't until I saw it for myself on a friend of mine's 2015 that I was convinced otherwise.

One thing about this car I noticed day 1 was how blindingly bright the tail lights / brake lights were at night. With the tint they are still super bright. Same with the headlights. I took some pictures inside and outside my garage (dark setting / light setting) to maybe give better perspective. I'm all about safety as well and do not think the tint causes an issue.
Don't take this personal, but you suck!! Lol I have a 16 ShadowBlack GT 350 TrackPack on order and I wasn't going to tint the lights on it,,,,,but that looks great!

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
You say specified brightness, but I find that a 2015 F150 with the HIDs has a much different specified brightness than a 1989 Honda civics specified brightness. Incandescent vs halogen vs HID... Etc

I am in no way trying to say you are incorrect in your theory about driver visibility, but you have to admit, there are big variances in headlight output, tinted it not.

In Canada, we have a DRL law for that reason. I don't know your laws regarding DRLs, but I know here they do work from a better visibility point of view.

Cheers:cheers:
Just have to stay in specs for the year your car was built. Like I said, regardless of if "you think it still looks bright enough" - an attorney is going to eat you alive if someone hits you...even if that's not the "real" reason they hit you.
Sponsored