Sponsored

Time to #replacethegrenade with a ProCharger Aluminum Coolant tank for 2015 Mustangs!

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
One of the biggest eye sores under the hood of the 2015 Mustangs, is the coolant tank on top of the fan shroud.
So much of an eye sore, it's already given the knick name of "The Grenade" on the internet.

However ProCharger has a solution for all 2015 Mustang owners, in the form of a high quality aluminum coolant tank replacement!
This 2015 Mustang Coolant tank comes pre powder coated for outstanding show finish, ready to bolt on.
Vehicle fitment is all 2015 Mustang's no matter what engine platform. (2.3L EcoBoost, 3.7L V6, and Mustang GT with 5.0L Coyote)

• 100% ready to bolt in using factory lines and hardware (including cap, and fittings)
  • Comes powder coated in high quality black finish
  • Built from Fabricated Aluminum for high strength and durability
  • Includes a OEM Ford Radiator Cap
  • Best in market price point for coated tank
  • Offset placement for room for larger diameter cold air intakes

PART NUMBER: 3FWCS-002
RETAIL MSRP: $189.00

Or visit your local ProCharger dealer!

Stock tank:

ProCharger 2015 Mustang Coolant Tank replacement installed.

Items included in the ProCharger 2015 Mustang Coolant Tank replacement kit.

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
No sight glass/tube available???
With these modern cars things like coolant leaks, are pretty much a thing of the past. So "checking" coolant randomly is pretty unheard of.

However, when filling and checking the cap we supply is HUGE.
Just unscrew it, and look down in. :)

Most people welcome the idea of ditching as many plastic related coolant parts as possible, or items that could leak. (Just ask any VW/Audi/BMW owner)

However, this is a low cost item that really changes the way these cars look under the hood!

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
Procharger has been doing this with their Stage II systems since 2005 and it has NEVER been an issue.

Only reason companies do that is so you dont have to open the cap and look to see if its low. Its not bad or anything to have a closed tank like this. Pop the cap off and look.

Heck the moroso tanks since their creation have been closed tanks that you have to open up.

Having a sealed tank is not in any way new.

KUDOS TO PROCHARGER TO OFFERING THIS TANK BY ITSELF!

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
If that were so true..why are other after market tank builders putting in some kind of sight gauge? There is a "level difference" when the coolant is HOT and when it is COLD...knowing that range is very helpful and being able to determine where that is is important. There is such a thing as coolant "loss" without any leaks or engine issues. Sometimes coolant has to be added.

If it were not important...all the car manufacturers would not bother to put the "levels" on their tanks. My Acuras have it...all my vehicles have had a "measurement sight tool" to know where you are depending on the coolant temp.

The current two main stream makers of coolant tanks for these 2015 stangs DO NOT have level sight gauges. (and also cost much more then ours)

We sell literally COUNTLESS blower kits each year for Dodge, Ford, and GM applications that have replacement coolant tanks. None of which have a sight glass in them. However we do include "Fill to HERE" level stickers, for the units that are actually pressurized.

Although most installers almost laugh at that, since they want to fill it to what "they" think full should be. (After all, its not an OEM part) The OEM usually has those levels in there, because thats the range that keeps the factory coolant level sensor happy due to temperature fluctuation. (Ford doesn't have this)

I can understand your concern, though I can honestly say in the past couple years I can't think of 1 time any coolant tank level has had to be checked in any of our fleet of demo cars and trucks with our tanks on them. (And here in KS we can range in temperature from below 0 to well over 100 degrees ambient)

Nice thing about this Ford unit, there is no sensor to worry about, and other reasons as to why Fords coolant systems are easier then other OEMS. Some are pressurized, others are not, some have high expansion rates, others do not. At the end of the day, the Fords are easy.

Though if a person wants to check, say while changing their oil, it takes just seconds to unscrew the cap and look. :)

SIDE NOTE: My GM truck actually has 186,500+ miles on it as of lunch today, and I have never modified the coolant level once since it was purchased in 2008. (Even after adding the supercharger) This year I did "check" it to make sure it was ok for low temp. (It was). So another year it will go, and will likely pass 200K without touching it. Heck I am still surprised it hasn't needed a water pump yet. Even my Duramax failed its water pump by now. LOL

OP
OP
ProChargerTECH

ProChargerTECH

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang(s)
Procharger has been doing this with their Stage II systems since 2005 and it has NEVER been an issue.

Only reason companies do that is so you dont have to open the cap and look to see if its low. Its not bad or anything to have a closed tank like this. Pop the cap off and look.

Heck the moroso tanks since their creation have been closed tanks that you have to open up.

Ha ha,

Thanks guys for the kudos... LOL. Guess I should have just waited to refresh my screen, before typing all that out. LOL.

:) Thanks again!

Sponsored

Anthony

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't respond
Sight glass = zero need, zero want. Maybe ford will put a sight glass in the oil pan next? Motors actually burn oil how have we got along without a sight glass!!!!????
Oh wait, pull dipstick = pull cap on coolant tank. Non issue

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Sight glass = zero need, zero want. Maybe ford will put a sight glass in the oil pan next? Motors actually burn oil how have we got along without a sight glass!!!!????
Oh wait, pull dipstick = pull cap on coolant tank. Non issue
:cheers::ford:

Thompyt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic/Red Redline GT PP Premium

This always reminds me of the West block German checking his fuel level in a parkplatz on Autobahn 6. Unscrewing gas cap, looking in and couldn't see. So he lit his lighter up and looked in again.

UPRSteve

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
It's not that anyone is being "up tight", its just that this is and has not been an issue for anyone. If you want a window style tank, I'm sure the stock one will service no problem.

This is just an option Procharger is offering to the market now.

Sponsored