2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
weird ticking sound like ping sound

Sponsored

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
injectors maybe, still sounds fine to me. I mean you have to hear something with all the parts moving ..

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
Mine has a real similar ticking sound that has recently started. It has no real pattern to it. I have not had any type of the “normal” ticking sounds before. Has me scratching my head. 2020 with about 18k

Sponsored

OP
OP

hchf1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang gt 10 speed
Mine has a real similar ticking sound that has recently started. It has no real pattern to it. I have not had any type of the “normal” ticking sounds before. Has me scratching my head. 2020 with about 18k

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
So I just tried to get a video/sound clip on mine. Started it up and of course hard to hear over fan. Turned AC off and waited for fan to shut off. Waited for like 5 or so minutes but didn’t hear it. Wonder if the fan is making some cool down cause to me it almost sound like exhaust cooling down if you know what I mean. See if yours is still there when fan is not running? Again my sound is very similar to yours.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang GT
Sounds like the the typical BBQ tick that I have and many many others have as well. You can drop a bottle of Ceratec in it to make the tick go away from what I have read o here. I just let mine tick away lol

Mustangmatty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase
But doesn’t he bbq ticket sound consistent? This is more random.

Chacho71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT PP1 MT82
weird ticking sound like ping sound

My 2020 PP1 with 20K miles just started doing this for the first time after taking it to Ford for a oil change. Going back to Mobil 1 asap.

Nwagtmustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2021 mustang gt
The ticking issue has been around a long time. It's nothing to be worried about. On the 2018 on up they went to a plastic or compsite oil pan. I heard that amplifys the noise. Plus with direct injection, there is more noise. If the ticking issue was a real problem, I would think there would be a nightmare for Ford. Their dual clutch on the focus and other cars I believe was a nightmare. My 2015 mustang made that noise from day one until it was totaled. My 21 mustang with 7k miles on it makes that noise. Ppwertrain warranty is 5 or 60k miles. If a tick has not caused damage by then I don't think it ever will. I watched a YouTube video by cjpony parts and they had some ideas of what was causing it, and it's not an issue. I'm sure someone will respond to this and flame me.
Sponsored