Sponsored

Tickford Mustang 360kw v SFP11

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
After comparing these two packages for my Mustang, i have come away a bit perplexed. Tickfords package seems expensive, considering it is cat back only, at $7500. Street fighters, SFP11 includes headers and high flow cats, at just under $8000. They both use Airaid CAI's. Tickford has more expensive quad tips. They require fitment of a roush rear valance. So, the SF package looks like better value on paper. Yet in M/mag Mustang shootout, the Tickford has better acceleration times. In fact, the SFP11's numbers are barely quicker than stock.
Sponsored

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
You may want to have a read of the magazine to help clarify.
Our SFPII was the top scoring naturally aspirated Mustang at the event finishing behind the supercharged vehicles and ahead of the Tickford and Harrop entrants.

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
You may want to have a read of the magazine to help clarify.
Our SFPII was the top scoring naturally aspirated Mustang at the event finishing behind the supercharged vehicles and ahead of the Tickford and Harrop entrants.
Of course i am just reading the acceleration figures that you have put up. The numbers just don't look enticing.

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
After comparing these two packages for my Mustang, i have come away a bit perplexed. Tickfords package seems expensive, considering it is cat back only, at $7500. Street fighters, SFP11 includes headers and high flow cats, at just under $8000. They both use Airaid CAI's. Tickford has more expensive quad tips. They require fitment of a roush rear valance. So, the SF package looks like better value on paper. Yet in M/mag Mustang shootout, the Tickford has better acceleration times. In fact, the SFP11's numbers are barely quicker than stock.
I can guarantee you that by not choosing one of these 'packs' you will save money and depending on your tune most likely end up with a better performance car.

Which acceleration figures are you referring to? The quarter or 0-100?

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I can guarantee you that by not choosing one of these 'packs' you will save money and depending on your tune most likely end up with a better performance car.

Which acceleration figures are you referring to? The quarter or 0-100?
Both. The 0-100 is virtually stock like. Not rushing into anything at this stage, because more and more people are doing stuff and gaining experience on Mustangs. Hesitant to do headers and high flow cats, because they probably won't pass EPA and it's hard to reverse if caught.

Sponsored

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
Both. The 0-100 is virtually stock like. Not rushing into anything at this stage, because more and more people are doing stuff and gaining experience on Mustangs. Hesitant to do headers and high flow cats, because they probably won't pass EPA and it's hard to reverse if caught.
The 0-100 time is never going to be impressive on the mustang due to the suspension set up and rear wheel drive. Also very few people would be able to get anywhere close to the stock quoted 0-100 time

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Following to see where this goes!

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
The 0-100 time is never going to be impressive on the mustang due to the suspension set up and rear wheel drive. Also very few people would be able to get anywhere close to the stock quoted 0-100 time
So, do you think those SFP11 times are worth $8000K?

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
So, do you think those SFP11 times are worth $8000K?
I think for people who want a drive in drive out solution without any research it will definitely appeal to some customers.

I'm not one of the customers that Streetfighter is targeting. It's similar with the herrod kits who are just putting a blower on and fr3 without changing wheels tyres and half shafts. To me that is absolutely stupid but for some people they just want to set and forget.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I think for people who want a drive in drive out solution without any research it will definitely appeal to some customers.

I'm not one of the customers that Streetfighter is targeting. It's similar with the herrod kits who are just putting a blower on and fr3 without changing wheels tyres and half shafts. To me that is absolutely stupid but for some people they just want to set and forget.
I think $8k for a full exhaust+CAI+Tune and some sort of drive train warranty, is not way over the top. It's the results in the shootout that leave me cold. How cheap do you think this should be? Can you break it down please.:shrug:

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think $8k for a full exhaust+CAI+Tune and some sort of drive train warranty, is not way over the top. It's the results in the shootout that leave me cold. How cheap do you think this should be? Can you break it down please.:shrug:
Let's do the breakdown.
You could potentially source it all yourself and DIY, let's call that the el cheapo method.
Headers with cats $1500 (Pacemaker)
Cat back $1000 (MBRP)
Tune $1000 (Lund or possibly others :shrug:)
CAI $450 (PMAS)
You've spent $4k, you have some work a head of you and you have no warranty.
You can then spend the other $4k on Oil cooler, Oil Pump Gears etc.
In a manual, you'll be looking around mid to low twelves on the strip (add a couple hundred dollars for e85 tune, go sub 12), yes, on street tyres.

Having said that, the Streetfighter FULL system IS of a high quality. Much better than a lot of the stuff on the market. They DO provide a warranty and they do all the work...
The Tickford proposition is pure insanity unless you REALLY REALLY want those quad tips. Unfortunately, nobody will ever see them with the times it posts :ninja:

OP
OP

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Let's do the breakdown.
You could potentially source it all yourself and DIY, let's call that the el cheapo method.
Headers with cats $1500 (Pacemaker)
Cat back $1000 (MBRP)
Tune $1000 (Lund or possibly others :shrug:)
CAI $450 (PMAS)
You've spent $4k, you have some work a head of you and you have no warranty.
You can then spend the other $4k on Oil cooler, Oil Pump Gears etc.
In a manual, you'll be looking around mid to low twelves on the strip (add a couple hundred dollars for e85 tune, go sub 12), yes, on street tyres.

Having said that, the Streetfighter FULL system IS of a high quality. Much better than a lot of the stuff on the market. They DO provide a warranty and they do all the work...
The Tickford proposition is pure insanity unless you REALLY REALLY want those quad tips. Unfortunately, nobody will ever see them with the times it posts :ninja:
Thanks for that Burkey and i'm hearin ya! I suppose, we are not comparing apples...... Cheaper exhaust and CAI and of course, the install of the headers. Which is a bitch of a job. Even exhaust places, hate doing them. They are quoting $800-$1000, just to install. I thought, pacemaker/ cats, were more like $1800? Who's doing them for $1500? Tickford price is up there for sure, considering the generic parts used. But, it is ADR compliant and some how, without headers, it's faster than the SFP11 in the shootout and they claim 360kw. The shootout times, seem to even back up the extra 50kw over the standard GT.

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Let's do the breakdown.
Woah a mechanic that works for nothing, maybe I should ask mine to charge the same...
Sponsored