Sponsored

Threats to our Prize Possesions [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Other liberal cities like Portland… things looking great there too?
I pulled HD video of over 50 peoples faces coming into a jewelry store on Michigan ave. Did they go after those people?? Nope
But man did they go after any face shot they got of anyone at the capital building.
Sponsored

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
There’s a common theme in a lot of these major metropolitan areas. I’ll just leave it at that. Kansas City is a smaller metro, but there are still parts of town I won’t venture into in the middle of the day even packing. I don’t need anything in those areas, and I certainly don’t need the trouble that comes along with being in those areas. The other 95% of the city I feel perfectly safe day or night. I will never live in a metropolitan area, period!

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase
I sorry guys. I didn't mean to get anyone upset or offend anyone. I just want us all to be safe and enjoy life and our beautiful cars in the cities we call home. I don't wish ill will on anyone and don't want to see anyone regardless of race, beliefs, opinions etc get hurt or harm in any way. I think i am a little different than other people. I care for everyone and just want to live in peace.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
ive been at gunpoint once, and didn't have a penny or dollar on us, I was on a date with a woman we was walking the river/urban area. I let him check my pockets to prove I didn't have anything except phone. he let us on our way.

I still dont carry, but man. its becoming dangerous out there. druggies wanting dollars for drugs. it wasn't worth trying to be superman or anything fortunately when he realized we had nothing he did let us go. he didn't want my phone lol.

I have to assume if he had my phone, he could of been tracked/identified easily and he was smart enough to not want a gps in his pocket

Sponsored

Doc2020GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium PP 2018 Explorer. 2012 Toyota Tacoma
The number of people that refuse to acknowledge what's happening is astonishing. The country is separating. If you're not paying attention to this, you're going to be in real trouble sooner or later.

So, if you want to keep voting democrat, supporting the BLM and Antifa, and expecting your entitlements, then stay in the cities. Don't bring that shit to the conservative areas, stay put where you are.
You do realize you live in one of the three largest liberal areas of the Commenwealth don’t you? I was born and raised there, the nice conservative place I grew up in is unnoticeable now. When I retired I couldn’t pack fast enough to get out of there.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
It is so discouraging to live in an area where there is so much violence going on. Chicago has one of the most beautiful skylines and lakefronts in the nation. However, to get to the main city you must go thru some pretty rough areas. I live in the far south suburbs of Chicago and kinda keep my car close to home. I would love to do a nice cruise along Chicago's beautiful lake front but these idiots are car jacking folks, shooting at cars on the highways or when the car is park at a restaurant, trying to steal catalytic converters. Not to mentioned there appears to be major gang wars going on. This is all during the day mind you. At night its a whole other story. I am just sick of it all and it maybe time to start looking to relocate. In the meantime, I may have to start back my conceal carry routines, just to protect what I've worked so hard for. Maybe I'm paranoid, anyone else feel this way in your neck of the woods.

chicago.jpg
Being Closer to the Northwest side of Chicago, we don't have to drive though any bad neighborhoods to get into the city. We just choose to stay out of the city when possible not because of thugs/crime but just because the city in general sucks these days. Too many speed cameras, speed bumps, too little traffic lanes since all the bike lanes were put in, Parking is difficult and expensive, etc. The city is just not what it used to be. It's too inconvenient. The western & Northwestern Suburbs have almost everything we need. I lived in the city until I was 40. Now that I'm 55, I appreciate my little town of 10,000 just 3 miles from the Chicago border.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
yeah its kinda sad. we had 4 or 5 mass shootings within one week. Is almost becoming the norm.
Most of the city is good. It is one of the best cities if you compare it to others. A few bad neighborhoods don't make the whole city bad. Virtually 80-90% are black males in their 20's. Gang wars are serious deep in the city. Those gangs fiercely protect their turf and have zero respect for the lives of anyone interfering. Most of the city is good. It is one of the best cities if you compare it to others.

Last edited:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
How do these always end in politics? I am here for Mustang stuff, not to watch people go at it, I see enough of that in real life.
I could say a lot politically, but choose not to. Some people whether from the far left or far right simply can't help themselves and have to spout off their drivel every second of the day. I think both sides are nuts. It's maddening. I'm here to talk cars, not politics.

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
It is so discouraging to live in an area where there is so much violence going on. Chicago has one of the most beautiful skylines and lakefronts in the nation. However, to get to the main city you must go thru some pretty rough areas. I live in the far south suburbs of Chicago and kinda keep my car close to home. I would love to do a nice cruise along Chicago's beautiful lake front but these idiots are car jacking folks, shooting at cars on the highways or when the car is park at a restaurant, trying to steal catalytic converters. Not to mentioned there appears to be major gang wars going on. This is all during the day mind you. At night its a whole other story. I am just sick of it all and it maybe time to start looking to relocate. In the meantime, I may have to start back my conceal carry routines, just to protect what I've worked so hard for. Maybe I'm paranoid, anyone else feel this way in your neck of the woods.

chicago.jpg
thats a cracking picture of the skyline. Lovely looking, sorry to hear of your troubles there.

OP
OP
Roy_Steeda

Roy_Steeda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roy
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP, 2014 Mercedes E550
Vehicle Showcase

rhexis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Audi S4, 2020 Mustang GT
i have to say i spent 3 days in the loop last summer and thought it was one of the nicest cities in the country. never once did i feel unsafe, day or night. i did carry concealed but i do that in pretty much any urban area. great food and beers there.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)