Sponsored

Thoughts on a 2018 going through two owners already?

Haoie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Mustang GT
I've been in the market for a 2018 PP with the digital cluster for a while but recently found one nearby without the digital and might purchase the cluster from hell horse performance. I checked the carfax and saw it's been through two owners, and a service saw a service contract claim so it got me pretty worried. I'll pay a visit to see it in person but what should I be keeping in mind? Really want to make the purchase since FL doesn't have any 18's

Link to vehicle: https://www.pompanoford.com/used/Fo...70a0e0ae82f3a075a8e6d4107.htm?searchDepth=3:7
Sponsored

DekiDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1
I wouldn't have any issues buying that car as long as it checks out mechanically. Not for that price though.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Since the car is for sale at a Ford Dealership, ask the Salesperson for the complete OASIS report. That report will show you all warranty claims and service history if serviced at any Ford Dealership in the US.

If the car was involved in a Ford RAV Buy Back, that will also be on the report AND the Dealership is required to let any potential Buyer know it’s a Lemon Buy Back. The drivers side door jamb on the B-pillar will also have a Ford label stating it was a Buy Back (again ONLY if applicable).

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I've been in the market for a 2018 PP with the digital cluster for a while but recently found one nearby without the digital and might purchase the cluster from hell horse performance. I checked the carfax and saw it's been through two owners, and a service saw a service contract claim so it got me pretty worried. I'll pay a visit to see it in person but what should I be keeping in mind? Really want to make the purchase since FL doesn't have any 18's

Link to vehicle: https://www.pompanoford.com/used/Fo...70a0e0ae82f3a075a8e6d4107.htm?searchDepth=3:7
Your being stuck on that digital cluster is going to cost you thousands.

You can buy a brand new Premium GT PP1 10A car for thousands less.

odspice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 GrabberOrange
Could simply be two people who bought it and decided it was too much car for them. Odds are something weird is going on with it though. Unless the price is the steal of the century I don't know if I would ever waste the time to go look at it

Sponsored

slowrey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I second the Oasis report. Sometimes people are impulsive and think they want a sports car but then realize their dream in reality was better than a dream. Or maybe they upgraded to a GT350, had a baby and got an SUV.

However if you're wanting a 401A dash, you might as well buy brand new. Lower interest rates, incentives and longer warranty and newer model year.

Rick369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Oil was changed early, which is a good thing. It was sold to the second owner as a CPO vehicle. Once it is certified, it should remain certified for any future owners. You get an extra year of bumper to bumper warranty (48,000 miles) and a 7 year or 100,000 mile power train warranty with a Ford CPO vehicle. The CPO starts from the date the vehicle was first sold. I would check and verify that the CPO is good to be transferred to you if you buy the car. If you have a long warranty then you have nothing to worry about. This vehicle has low miles and the warranty should be good for a long time. The second owner could of wanted a toy and decided the car wasn’t right for them and traded it in on an Audi. Many people in South Florida have so much money and buy cars, don’t drive them much and trade them in for something new often.

Rick369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
Powertrain Limited Warranty Coverage

On top of the comprehensive 12-month/12,000-mile limited warranty, we include 7-year/100,000-mile powertrain limited warranty coverage with every Ford Certified Pre-Owned vehicle.* It covers the engine, transmission and more:

• Transferable to future owners at no extra cost

• 24-Hour Roadside Assistance (towing, jump starts for dead batteries, flat-tire changes on-site and lockout services) is included for the duration of the powertrain limited warranty coverage

Rick369

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
The CarFax shows this vehicle was sold on January 4, 2018. The CPO bumper to bumper warranty is good until January 4, 2022 or 48,000 miles. The CPO power train warranty is good until January 4, 2025 or 100,000 miles.

Kermitz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 300A M6
Vehicle Showcase
I would request an Oasis report and look for the buyback sticker on the driver's door jamb. Seems likely that it traded hands so quickly, it has an issue.
Sponsored