Thoughts and or those that have done H pipe with resonators

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
I have a question for those that have tried out different exhaust systems on the 2018 and up Mustangs.

I have a 2018 10R80 all stock except for the Procharger. The car runs great, but with the stock exhaust I think it is too loud especially just driving on the freeway at say 80 MPH.

I have always thought the exhaust was a bit raspy unlike the active exhaust on my '19 Bullitt or the very mild exhaust on my '15 and '16.

I am thinking of trying the Steeda H pipe to get a deeper sound, but maybe do straight through resonators like I did on my 2009 Bullitt with blower and it's stock H with headers. Sounded really cool, but of course that was the 4.6, etc.

Any thoughts or experiences trying this out?
Sponsored

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Off topic, you are one lucky guy to own that many s550s

W.O.T. Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1 401A
Do you have the regular exhaust on your '18 or active?

I've driven both, and the non-active exhaust seems to have a good tone - the active exhaust is a bit louder - even in normal mode. They use different mufflers entirely.

If adding an H pipe to the stock setup is what you are asking - it's going to make it louder by a good margin and also introduce some higher end 'rasp' that you are trying to avoid. It's no where near obnoxious, but it's probably not going to give you the results you want.

Let me know if you have any other questions. I may have a video or two i can share of mine with the Steeda H pipe if you are interested in hearing what it sounds like.

dirtwarrior

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 3.7 mustang
Not quite the answer you are looking for but.
On my 2015 3.7 I have Thrush 2 into 2 chambered muffler to replace resonator
Glasspacks behind the axle to replace mufflers. The result not loud but a pleasing
exhaust sound with no rasp and no drone
Sponsored