This might be the wrong forum for me.

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
2014 impala, 2017 HD. 2018 Royal C mustang gt pp1
Every morning i wake up and check the market to see if anything cool has been posted. I scan the threads to see what people are doing with their cars. My wallet hasn't had a dollar in it since i joined and my wife said my want list grew 10ft longer than it already was.

Im not alone right? ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Just take it easy! - it is just solid signs on that you're a healthy individual with a common sense of quality and eager to accomplish great goals in your hobby...

Your wife might disagree with me though...

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Just take it easy! - it is just solid signs on that you're a healthy individual with a common sense of quality and eager to accomplish great goals in your hobby...

Your wife might disagree with me though...
Wife doesn't mind to much. I hardly drink, dont stay out all night and i work 84 hours a week. I love spending money on things but in the long run im aiming to be debt free by 45 but its looking like 43 it can happen. Paid the mustang off in 15 months, put half down on her 2022 ford edge titanium and next month we are having a new driveway and patio poured. House would have been paid off when i was 35 but we put a $100k addition on for more bedrooms and bathrooms.

But lord have mercy i still have a list of parts i want for the stang. Few parts left to get from the steeda catalog. Some areo parts and i have a itch to buy some carbon fiber bits so bad its not funny. I want a carbon dash, hood, roof and rear spoiler. Also i want to do the interior up with some burgandy Alcantara for accent color. I have a sample piece and its a dead match for my royal crimson paint.

Germansheperd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Carbon Fiber Track Pack
Wife doesn't mind to much. I hardly drink, dont stay out all night and i work 84 hours a week. I love spending money on things but in the long run im aiming to be debt free by 45 but its looking like 43 it can happen. Paid the mustang off in 15 months, put half down on her 2022 ford edge titanium and next month we are having a new driveway and patio poured. House would have been paid off when i was 35 but we put a $100k addition on for more bedrooms and bathrooms.

But lord have mercy i still have a list of parts i want for the stang. Few parts left to get from the steeda catalog. Some areo parts and i have a itch to buy some carbon fiber bits so bad its not funny. I want a carbon dash, hood, roof and rear spoiler. Also i want to do the interior up with some burgandy Alcantara for accent color. I have a sample piece and its a dead match for my royal crimson paint.
YAWN

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Sorry i bored you so much you had to comment on it.

I had cornflakes this morning then I plan to patch my driveway. it looks like the trap under my 35 year old sink is dripping so Iโ€™ll have get under there today too. Homeowners insurance costs are now through the roof in Florida but I did get a can of the good window cleaner for the Mustang though. :like:
Itโ€™s the Stoner brand, more expensive but worth looking for. Iโ€™d recommend the manual spray bottle rather than the aerosol because itโ€™s easier to control.

Last edited:

Bulutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

The others are jerks. Keep doing what youโ€™re doing. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Homeowners insurance costs are now through the roof in Florida
It is here to. Probably a lot of places nowadays I guess.

Contributing factors:

1. Fires in the West

2. Population increases (primarily from the west coast, people moving away from the fires and their ever-increasing costs) to Colorado and several other states now

3. I dunno about you guys, but the value of my home increases by millions, daily. What the insurance company values my home at is laughable, until I see what he bill is

I shriek every time I open a policy notice.

Best Wishes on the driveway and sink.

Last edited:

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase

Best, not advice by any means merely a suggestion. You buy the part or parts and install them on the car.

Before you buy more, enjoy that upgrade and then focus on the next I want to.

In other words, don't buy a truckload of parts, store them, waiting for a round-2-it. There are many dreamers with a shit load of parts that don't match or can not be used because of the ones already installed.

The forum is a good catalog of a bunch of after-market parts and frankly crap also.

Figure out what the goal is you cannot have it all. For example, performance is one direction. Cheesy stickers and fake dodads are another. A Christmas tree hanging from the mirror is another.

One can mix the 2 if tastefully done, that's a balance, but I'd leave off the Christmas tree hanging from the mirror.

Spend what one likes, install shortly after receiving, drive, and plane for the next step.

Will take some time yes, and at the end cost-effective and a better build-out. And having a car that looks and feels like the car you want. Not like some refrigerator door with magnets stuck to it.

It's like tunning a motor, one adjustment at a time, it works go to the next. FWIW if you need to ask others what looks best, bad idea. The owner should have that answer before they empty the shopping cart.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Best, not advice by any means merely a suggestion. You buy the part or parts and install them on the car.

Before you buy more, enjoy that upgrade and then focus on the next I want to.

In other words, don't buy a truckload of parts, store them, waiting for a round-2-it. There are many dreamers with a shit load of parts that don't match or can not be used because of the ones already installed.

The forum is a good catalog of a bunch of after-market parts and frankly crap also.

Figure out what the goal is you cannot have it all. For example, performance is one direction. Cheesy stickers and fake dodads are another. A Christmas tree hanging from the mirror is another.

One can mix the 2 if tastefully done, that's a balance, but I'd leave off the Christmas tree hanging from the mirror.

Spend what one likes, install shortly after receiving, drive, and plane for the next step.

Will take some time yes, and at the end cost-effective and a better build-out. And having a car that looks and feels like the car you want. Not like some refrigerator door with magnets stuck to it.

It's like tunning a motor, one adjustment at a time, it works go to the next. FWIW if you need to ask others what looks best, bad idea. The owner should have that answer before they empty the shopping cart.
Best advise so far!

16Fastback

RMR 8985
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fastback , 2009 Ranger 4x4
Count your blessings
Took me 40 yrs to get my Mustang, bought my 1st house (Garage ๐Ÿ˜) at 62.
I'm single but there was a lot of close calls. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ All in all I'm happy now, managed even in this economy to retire. I get to go and do what I love doing meet up with new people at car shows that share my passion for this great car. I still to this day turn around and look at this beautiful ride when I walk away. I'm going to stop right here because I could go on and on be thankful for what you've got some day your ship will come in even if it's a row boat ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™€๏ธ
20210910_141424.jpg

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
Count your blessings
I'm single but there was a lot of close calls. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ All in all I'm happy now, managed even in this economy to retire. I get to go and do what I love doing meet up with new people at car shows that share my passion for this great car. I still to this day turn around and look at this beautiful ride when I walk away. I'm going to stop right here because I could go on and on be thankful for what you've got some day your ship will come in even if it's a row boat ๐Ÿšฃโ€โ™€๏ธ
20210910_141424.jpg
She is a beauty.

Very thankful for what i have, but all my hobbies are expensive ones to me.

OP
OP
smokescreens

smokescreens

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
The others are jerks. Keep doing what youโ€™re doing. ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Thanks. I must have either came across as bragging or sharing my life story to them. Either way it doesn't matter. I was just giving contex as to why my wife doesnt mind me spending money on car crap when she only looks at a car as a mode of transport and has no feelings towards a car one way or the other besides how much it costs.

67go

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
tacoma, mazdacx5, 22 Mustang GT Rapid Red
Count your blessings
20210910_141424.jpg
Very nice
Sponsored