OP

Kazman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaz
Vehicle(s)
2010 GT500 , 2015 Z06 Corvette , 2019 Widebody Hellcat Challenger
I came from a 660whp 2009 GT500 and I can tell you that if you try this in the GT350 you aren't going to be impressed. You have to remember that this car will rev out another 2250 rpm. Even in the GT500 I'd want to be in 3rd to try that and 4th wouldn't be all that impressive.

How do you intend to use the car? If you're going to cruise straight flat highways a few months out of the year (judging by your location) then a newer S550 with a VMP blower kit may be more up your alley. This car really shines when it comes to finding some good curvy roads, but the feel can make any road special. If you get your thrills from bottom end torque and rolling burnouts, and it seems you do judging by the other cars in your ownership, this isn't the car for you.
Thanks for the reply . The other cars are there as i wanted to buy all American made vehicles when i had $$$ available . I wanted the best at that time based on the money i had available . The vette is far from stock . Low end torque is gone due to the different blower . It still makes 830 lb ft of torque at the wheel but it doesn't kick in until around 3,000 rpm , it really is more linear . The Hellcat is stock , like driving your living room around lol . Seats are big and comfy , brakes are totally amazing . The GT500 had a pulley and intake installed years ago , makes great power , love the lines and looks of the car . It handles pretty good as i put P4S tires on it 2 summers back . Only real reason for wanting to trade is things are starting to brake down . Had to replace the seat motor , brakes , air conditioning / heating unit does not work after about an hour of driving . Likely need a paint job within the next year or so and the latest crop of new cars are shying away from Manual cars , wife refuses a sports car with Auto trans .
Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Thanks for the reply . The other cars are there as i wanted to buy all American made vehicles when i had $$$ available . I wanted the best at that time based on the money i had available . The vette is far from stock . Low end torque is gone due to the different blower . It still makes 830 lb ft of torque at the wheel but it doesn't kick in until around 3,000 rpm , it really is more linear . The Hellcat is stock , like driving your living room around lol . Seats are big and comfy , brakes are totally amazing . The GT500 had a pulley and intake installed years ago , makes great power , love the lines and looks of the car . It handles pretty good as i put P4S tires on it 2 summers back . Only real reason for wanting to trade is things are starting to brake down . Had to replace the seat motor , brakes , air conditioning / heating unit does not work after about an hour of driving . Likely need a paint job within the next year or so and the latest crop of new cars are shying away from Manual cars , wife refuses a sports car with Auto trans .
You would be shocked at the number of GT350's for sale with less than 5,000 miles. I get the feeling this is a car that many of us absolutely love, but for many it just doesn't accomplish what they think a muscle car is.

Think of this like a 1/3 priced 911 GT3 and you're close to what to expect from driving one. If that's what your wife enjoys she may well absolutely love this car, but if the only thing wrong with the GT500 is some maintenance issues you may be better off hanging onto it or looking into buying a Mach 1 to get the great Tremec transmission and slap a blower on that.