Sponsored

Before you order your MY2020 Mustang ........

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clive
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang 5.0 V8 GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My requirement was a new Ford Mustang GT 5.0 V8 Convertible with Magneride Adaptive Suspension and Custom Pack 2, in silver or velocity blue. Due to the specific combination of convertible, options and colour, I was resigned to having to place an order late 2019 with a waiting list of 6+ months, for delivery in 2020.

I then became aware of the production dates for the 2020 model, and that the Magneride option would now add upto 12 weeks onto the already lengthy delivery time, plus a slight reduction in power output due to EU regulations, and possible production delays over the next year, my fear was that I might actually miss out on getting the 5.0 V8 model.

So on the basis that there might have been a slim chance that my required spec car was already available in the UK albeit as a 2019 model, I contacted FordStore Dealers who are allowed to sell Mustangs, to see if anything was available either in showrooms or unallocated at Liverpool Docks compound. There were no convertibles, but were just 3 coupes with the right spec, so I was prepared to compromise and get a coupe. At the point of arranging a visit and a test drive at a dealer, I then found a FordStore that was not on my list, which I called, and was informed they had both a coupe and a convertible that had just arrived in their showroom that met the requirement in velocity blue, so arranged to visit them. I ended up putting a deposit on the convertible and picked it up a couple of weeks ago.

Its an amazing car and a beast!

So if you are planning on ordering a 2020 vehicle but prefer not to wait forever for delivery, it may be worth making a few phone calls just to see if theres a 2019 model available with the spec you require, before you go ahead.
Sponsored