Sponsored

thermostat and efan settings

ManBearPig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I ordered a Lund 93 octane tune for my bone stock 2016 GT a few years ago. By default, they set the Efans to come on at a lower temp than STP k and as a result, the fans ran almost nonstop. I had them return the fan settings to stock and have been fine since.

I’m now about to do a round of modifications and will be getting a tune revision. I’m considering putting in a Reisch 170* thermostat. If I put in a cooler stat and have Lund use their default efan settings, can I expect the fans to run a reasonable amount, or will they still run more than a completely stock car?

Thanks
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I ordered a Lund 93 octane tune for my bone stock 2016 GT a few years ago. By default, they set the Efans to come on at a lower temp than STP k and as a result, the fans ran almost nonstop. I had them return the fan settings to stock and have been fine since.

I’m now about to do a round of modifications and will be getting a tune revision. I’m considering putting in a Reisch 170* thermostat. If I put in a cooler stat and have Lund use their default efan settings, can I expect the fans to run a reasonable amount, or will they still run more than a completely stock car?

Thanks
The tunes are designed around having the 170 thermostat already which is why you had to get it changed in the first place. They won't be running all the time like it was with the stock thermostat so to answer your question they will run a reasonable amount without running all the time.

CHT's stay around 189-195.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@Zelek

I'm in the same boat as Mr Gore ... my only question is come next winter and I have a 170 tstat in will I have issues with the extreme cold temps chicago can see like -25*

Also what type of coolant do I use to replace what's drained, I heard you have to use a certain type.

Thanks

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
@Zelek

I'm in the same boat as Mr Gore ... my only question is come next winter and I have a 170 tstat in will I have issues with the extreme cold temps chicago can see like -25*

Also what type of coolant do I use to replace what's drained, I heard you have to use a certain type.

Thanks
I flushed mine with the Prestone pre mixed stuff. Same as Dex Cool. Does the same thing the Ford one does a lot cheaper. If you're just topping off, I would use the Ford motorcraft one.

You won't have issues in the extreme cold. This thermostat is only 10 degrees cooler than the stock one.
Sponsored