Sponsored

The whipple wait

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
Understand but it seems vendors are receiving some while individual orders are patiently waiting with an idea that they are going to receive a product they paid 8k ish that keeps getting extended.
tuscany, the company that mfgs the shleby truck, is whipples largest dealer. not sure if thats who your referencing, but a company like that may have put their po in 6 months ago,

occassionally we order kits as well, though not at that volume, but i may put 6 kits on order4 or 5 months ago for kits that are goign to ship to me, that i'll sell locally, or online. if an individual puts an order in 6 weeks ago, that kit won't ship before an order that was placed 4 or 5 months earlier typcially, no matter the size, they build in the order that the orders are received

so typcially anyting you are seeing someone with, was ordered previously
Sponsored

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
tuscany, the company that mfgs the shleby truck, is whipples largest dealer. not sure if thats who your referencing, but a company like that may have put their po in 6 months ago,

occassionally we order kits as well, though not at that volume, but i may put 6 kits on order4 or 5 months ago for kits that are goign to ship to me, that i'll sell locally, or online. if an individual puts an order in 6 weeks ago, that kit won't ship before an order that was placed 4 or 5 months earlier typcially, no matter the size, they build in the order that the orders are received

I understand and I am just saying there are venders receiving some. I think majority or people waiting are pretty understanding. Although I didn’t order from you so maybe you do this but having general updates being sent out to customers of status would definitely help. Could you imagine if it was the other way around and the customer is able to agree to purchase the product and manufacture accepts payment after they receive the product but the customer says due to other delays I’m going to have to extend when I pay.

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

That's understandable Terry. But it still has a couple of us wondering that even ordered before black Friday when the wait wait 12-14 weeks. At 12 weeks I asked for an update and was told it will ship in 2 to 3 weeks, after that 3 weeks was told 2 weeks, after that 2 more weeks, after that's 2 more weeks, and now, another 2 weeks. I know it's out of the dealers control, but it would be nice it whipple would come out and say where exactly they are with orders. Even some of us with purchase dates of the same time are getting different answers.

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
That's understandable Terry. But it still has a couple of us wondering that even ordered before black Friday when the wait wait 12-14 weeks. At 12 weeks I asked for an update and was told it will ship in 2 to 3 weeks, after that 3 weeks was told 2 weeks, after that 2 more weeks, after that's 2 more weeks, and now, another 2 weeks. I know it's out of the dealers control, but it would be nice it whipple would come out and say where exactly they are with orders. Even some of us with purchase dates of the same time are getting different answers.
couldn’t agree more. Communication is key and is one of the things that people can control even in the current time.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Thanks for the update Terry. It's definitely frustrating for all involved. But we all know the deal right now with manufacturing and such. At some point hopefully we will be back to where we were.

Sponsored

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
at black friday ,the wait was not 12 weeks the wait was 16-20 weeks is what we were quoting people. if another place quoted 12 weeks, they were not giving current information.

around early february new orders were supposed to be dropping closer to 12-14, that doesn't change older orders,

but then the cases not showing up, hurt the lead times again

as far as communication on our side. we try to quote everyone as realistically as we can , based off info we have at the time. and trust me, i get it. you spend alot of money, you want to know whats going on.

we typcially tell people, if the wait is 16-20 weeks, if you haven't gotten anything by then, feel free to message us and we can check an updated eta.

now, if someone quoted you 12 weeks. when it's a 16-20, its understandable , that your going to be even more frustraded, as you thought it were expecting 4-8 weeks sooner. and then again, with cases being short is pushing past there.

once it's past the time, and you message us to check an updated eta, we will get with whipple, and give their most recent update. for example people that were waiting on cases, were told 2 more weeks due to case shortage, and then they didn't show up, so again, we have another estimated 2 weeks.

the whole chain supply issue just has everyone in shambles

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
at black friday ,the wait was not 12 weeks the wait was 16-20 weeks is what we were quoting people. if another place quoted 12 weeks, they were not giving current information.

around early february new orders were supposed to be dropping closer to 12-14, that doesn't change older orders,

but then the cases not showing up, hurt the lead times again

as far as communication on our side. we try to quote everyone as realistically as we can , based off info we have at the time. and trust me, i get it. you spend alot of money, you want to know whats going on.

we typcially tell people, if the wait is 16-20 weeks, if you haven't gotten anything by then, feel free to message us and we can check an updated eta.

now, if someone quoted you 12 weeks. when it's a 16-20, its understandable , that your going to be even more frustraded, as you thought it were expecting 4-8 weeks sooner. and then again, with cases being short is pushing past there.

once it's past the time, and you message us to check an updated eta, we will get with whipple, and give their most recent update. for example people that were waiting on cases, were told 2 more weeks due to case shortage, and then they didn't show up, so again, we have another estimated 2 weeks.

the whole chain supply issue just has everyone in shambles
I agree Terry. Totally understand the process, and not blaming any vendor, so please dont think anything is directed towards you. I got info directly from Nick at whipple on November 17th that current lead times where 12 to 14 weeks. Ordered on November 18th.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
pre balck friday i think we were telling everyone around 14-16 once black friday hit that got bumped up. so at the time, he probably was pretty close to accurate based on the info they had

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
pre balck friday i think we were telling everyone around 14-16 once black friday hit that got bumped up. so at the time, he probably was pretty close to accurate based on the info they had
i am in the same boat as slime_bullet I was quoted from the vender (not you) 12-16 weeks but closer to 12 weeks. Also contacted whipple and they quoted 14-16. Ordered prior to Black Friday. As he mentioned I’m not blaming anyone either. Just more wondering what is going on.

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
All our November orders have shipped and some December orders. All our customers that ordered say a kit for their chevy truck or other makes since we do alot outside Mustangs took 6-8 weeks. With that said, other than some of the very large companies we can place a stocking order of 10 and all would be sold before getting to us.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Vert

Vert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Whipped 19 GT Premium
Mine took right at 20 weeks when I ordered mine right around BF 2020.

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Now that
All our November orders have shipped and some December orders. All our customers that ordered say a kit for their chevy truck or other makes since we do alot outside Mustangs took 6-8 weeks. With that said, other than some of the very large companies we can place a stocking order of 10 and all would be sold before getting to us.
Salt in an open wound

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
anyone wants a 2018+ mustang gt stage 2 tuner kit, i have one, i bought it then ended up selling the csr it was gonna go on, its not in the original boxes but its brand new in the plastic packaging. im open to reasonable offers….

Jeg70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
15 mustang gt
Ordered on BF 2021 still waiting as of 4/15/2022 with repetitive responses that it will be another 2 weeks another 2 weeks and another 2 weeks - waiting on castings.

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Ordered on BF 2021 still waiting as of 4/15/2022 with repetitive responses that it will be another 2 weeks another 2 weeks and another 2 weeks - waiting on castings.
just received a response as of the 15th they are waiting shafts.
Sponsored