The whipple wait

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Anyone order in oct-nov and received their supercharger yet?
I just recieved mine. Ordered in November. Gloss red, stage 2 kit. I'm in Canada as well.
Sponsored

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Going on 18 weeks and nothing. Wait time wwe 12 to 14 weeks when I ordered 🙄

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
So here it is. It's the updated version I guess that it shares the 3.8 lid and now the 5 bolt pulley.
Whipple 3.0.jpg
Whipple 3.0 red.jpg

Last edited:

Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Is that your long block going in as well?
No that's a spare gen 2. I'm running the stock Gen 3 right now. Only has 200 miles on it...lol

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
What makes a 3.8 lid different?
I guess it's a little bigger and has a duel pass design. If you look at the older Gen 5 3.0 lids, they have only one coolant line on the front left side where the 3.8 lid has duel feed lines on both sides for added cooling.

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I guess it's a little bigger and has a duel pass design. If you look at the older Gen 5 3.0 lids, they have only one coolant line on the front left side where the 3.8 lid has duel feed lines on both sides for added cooling.
Hmm.... I wasn't aware that it was slightly larger. Maybe that's why my clearance at the firewall was tighter than others had claimed. We started seeing the dual feeds about a year ago, but it was intermittent. One person would receive a kit with the dual and a few weeks later someone would receive a single. If I recall, Whipple claimed there was no benefit to one or the other but I suspect that was an attempt to prevent upsetting the single outlet people. That's a first for the 5 bolt pulley. Looks to be a completely different pulley design as well from what I could see on the Whipple site. Also just verified that they STILL have not revised the manual since March of last year, so you will likely have to deal with even more things that don't make sense than I did on a kit I received in July.

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
Hmm.... I wasn't aware that it was slightly larger. Maybe that's why my clearance at the firewall was tighter than others had claimed. We started seeing the dual feeds about a year ago, but it was intermittent. One person would receive a kit with the dual and a few weeks later someone would receive a single. If I recall, Whipple claimed there was no benefit to one or the other but I suspect that was an attempt to prevent upsetting the single outlet people. That's a first for the 5 bolt pulley. Looks to be a completely different pulley design as well from what I could see on the Whipple site. Also just verified that they STILL have not revised the manual since March of last year, so you will likely have to deal with even more things that don't make sense than I did on a kit I received in July.
Well as far as I know they went with a duel core lid for more efficient cooling for the 3.8 so there definitely is benefit. The 5 bolt pulley change kinda sucks because I have 5 griptec pulley's that are 4 bolt and useless now..lol. And maybe I'll get super lucky and have updated instructions as well :please:

Sponsored

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Not much activity in here. Anyone receive their Nov order yet? (other than the guy above?)

slime_bullet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Nope. Going on 22 weeks. Whipple is saying a shortage in materials. However I heard a company receiving 40 whipple units recently.

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Not much activity in here. Anyone receive their Nov order yet? (other than the guy above?)
nope nothing yet. For reference when I placed my order they quoted me 12-16 weeks but closer to 12 weeks. Nov 18th order placed and as of last week per whipple they are waiting on castings. I’m not sure how much longer that means but I assume that means they still need to receive the casting then do paint and machine work.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
info we got from whipple a couple weeks ago was castings were due in, this week found out delayed , they are saying approxmiately 2 more weeks, so hopefully the rest of the black friday / xmas orders wlll be going out soon, i know dustin is on this day and night trying to get kits together.

racer85304

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
info we got from whipple a couple weeks ago was castings were due in, this week found out delayed , they are saying approxmiately 2 more weeks, so hopefully the rest of the black friday / xmas orders wlll be going out soon, i know dustin is on this day and night trying to get kits together.
Understand but it seems vendors are receiving some while individual orders are patiently waiting with an idea that they are going to receive a product they paid 8k ish that keeps getting extended.
Sponsored