Sponsored

The Spoiler Comany - GT350 Track Pack spoiler

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I initially installed mine by removing the foam tape it came with and adding top grade 3M tape but even it couldn't handle the ends. So I drilled up through the original outboard mounting points (spoiler delete car) and into the spoiler.

Seller told me that would be fine if I was careful not to overtighten and round it out. It pulled it right down and looks great. Been a few weeks and no issues. Love the look and the Ruby Red is a dead-perfect match. Been getting a lot of compliments on the car.

EddieGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Challenger SRT8, 67 Fastback
When I spoke with an employee that is what he told me. Where the screws attached I could see metal 'sleeves' (for a lack of better terms) that the screw attached to. I'm guessing something like this is in the spoiler:

I asked about drilling into the spoiler and was told not to.
As long as you pre-drill and don't over-tighten, it shouldn't be a problem. I've drilled into riberglass parts before and never had an issue. I understand if you don't want to risk it, but since I've already taken the risk, I can tell you that there's no issue with drilling into it. Good luck with whatever direction you take.

Eddie

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Ordered mine yesterday. Cant wait to get it! Might start the removal process for my OEM spoiler this weekend in prep.

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
The end piece is different between the two. The black is the ford part. It's close but not the same.
image.jpg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
You can def see differences between the ford part and this one, like the middle indent appears to have cleaner/sharper lines on the ford part. I would assume this would be to prevent being sued by ford.

Hoping to get a shipment notification from them soon. Bought mine on Thurs last week. Was hoping they would get it out before the holiday.

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
How long did it take them to ship yours from the time you ordered?

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
think im putting this on my xmas list.. only think im going with ua code .. cause im doing my roof black and that wing black on my magnetic will give it a nice look

Sponsored

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
So my experience hasn't been good so far. Got my wing on friday. I went with black since i have the black accent package. Mine came all scratched up and has a 3in paint defect/blemish on the rear. I would be ok with a few scratches that i can buff out but this thing looks pretty bad. My other major issue is with the predrilled holes. If i use the middle holes, the pre-drilled outer holes are too close to be able to redrill. If i use the outer holes, the wing sticks off the back of the trunk. Crap part is i also bought 3m tape and already applied it to the wing....:( I used my stock oem blade wing to match up the holes and it looked right at first. Ugh

Needless to say, I emailed them and they provided me the customer support number that I am going to call today.

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
Just got off the phone with the company. Super nice guy and great customer service. Sending me a new spoiler today and including a return shipping label to send the defective one back. Will post an update when I get the replacement.

RedfireV8

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Good to hear man, glad they're taking care of you! :thumbsup:

sldghmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP (x2), 2016 F-150 XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Got one... love it... did have to drill (I had no spoiler at all sooooo) bolted on with a dab of locktite for insurance (it's on the race car so it will be seeing MUCH stress! LOL) Have had the car out twice with it now... so far so good

tza888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'16 Ruby Red GT
I got my replacement wing. The paint was substantially better condition. The outer holes still didnt line up though. Not sure what template they are using but they were exactly a half inch off. I ended up just drilling new holes, putting some 3m tape and using locktite. The guy claimed on the phone that there is metal in there but I am calling BS. When i drilled the new holes it was pure fiberglass. Other than the drilling issue though I am happy with it. Guess this is the little frustration with saving $200 bucks from the OEM spoiler.

Sponsored