Sponsored

The Spoiler Comany - GT350 Track Pack spoiler

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
I originally thought about drilling directly into the spoiler but was recommended not to do this -- Now that we know its possible and has worked from Chris thats interesting news. The way i'd go about it is just attach the spoiler with the 2 center screws so the other holes are automatically lined up and then use a drill and go through the factory holes on the ends to go up into the spoiler (carefully). That was my original plan but after running into this issue I just went ahead and bought a stock GT350 spoiler and I'm liking this a bit more (has less waviness, less bulky and sharper edges) - But the added cost is a consideration - I paid $430 + shipping and this one was $259.

At this point I'm sending back the old spoiler but had I not run into this issue I'd go with the drill method (into the spoiler) - Good luck to all working this issue out :).
Were they close in terms of form/shape when you put them side by side?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
That was not on the original listing. Part of my complaint during the return process was that they should indicate more holes need to be drilled, glad to see they updated the ad.
ahh they played slick and changed the add.. yeah they should have done that to begin with or just made the holes match to begin with .. i see your point i thought that was on there from jump

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Looking at mine, there is definitely a metal insert where the screws are supposed to go and the spoiler is hollow so I'm reluctant to do the self-tapping screws...I wonder how that will hold up over time.

So, plan now is to drill outer two holes with their hardware/locations and use tape.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
Were they close in terms of form/shape when you put them side by side?
Hey - So I got the GT350 OEM Spoiler installed today and it was a bit easier to install because it used nuts instead of screws. I didn't take photos side-by-side before doing this but can let you guys know that the dimensions and shape are very similar to where most wouldn't notice without comparing side-by-side.

TheSpoilerCompany did a pretty good job with this as far as style and I'd say it looks something in the region of a 95% match with some minor differences. The biggest cosmetic difference was the outer perimeter (bottom) of the OEM spoiler tapers in slightly with a slight cut inward where the spoiler company version does not do this (the curve just continues), this in combination with a little less thickness all around probably helped make it lighter, which is something I definitely noticed during the install. Other than that, visually the spoilers are very similar and the paints finish looked good on both.

The OEM spoiler was also much easier to install because it came with 3M tape around all the edges underneath so I was able to secure it down nicely and then ratchet the nuts on easily with no drilling necessary, everything lined up and fit on flush to the decklid.

The downside of going this route is the cost.. at $430 + shipping I paid about 500 for mine. I'm just relieved to have it worked out now.

You can actually see the slight cut that tapers inwards that i'm talking about in the outter section of this stock image:
lrs-44210gt350_d302c85f.jpg

Last edited:

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
^^^^ Thanks for that. $70 to ship it? Did you have to pay the restocking fee for the knockoff?

Sponsored

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
I had to get it delivered faster, would of been like $35 for shipping.. heading out of town tonight. It does look like I'm gonna get hit with restocking fee... :( which is lame because the original ad seemed to not correctly represent the install process beforehand (now changed as mentioned).

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I went out to the garage a bit ago and positioned it on the car again...and when done carefully the gap is only on one side and very slight. I think I'm going to try a tape-only mounting and see how that goes. I can always drill later (though I know getting that tape off is tough).

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
I asked the company why the factory "access hole" locations were only used for the two center mounting locations and got this response.

The reason is that are numerous Factory Ford spoilers so we were unsure what percentage of the sales are going on "virgin" decklids (no spoiler) or The GT Blade style or the Small Lip. So both lips have the 2 center holes in common, but the other holes are different so we didn't want to put 3 extra holes on each side for a total of 8 screws. Since this has been brought tour attention on numerous websites, blogs, etc, we are going to put sheet metal in the entire tips section which will cover all Factory Ford lip options, so once you line it up you simply have to "Pre-drill" the desired holes and then use provided screws, utilizing the factory holes!!

Pass it on, we are starting today with the new procedure.

The Spoiler Company

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
For some reason I'm not understanding the bold part:

The reason is that are numerous Factory Ford spoilers so we were unsure what percentage of the sales are going on "virgin" decklids (no spoiler) or The GT Blade style or the Small Lip. So both lips have the 2 center holes in common, but the other holes are different so we didn't want to put 3 extra holes on each side for a total of 8 screws. Since this has been brought tour attention on numerous websites, blogs, etc, we are going to put sheet metal in the entire tips section which will cover all Factory Ford lip options, so once you line it up you simply have to "Pre-drill" the desired holes and then use provided screws, utilizing the factory holes!!

Pass it on, we are starting today with the new procedure.

The Spoiler Company

Sponsored

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
For some reason I'm not understanding the bold part:
Maybe they confused the "locator" holes with the factory mounting locations? I don't know for sure but I'd be pretty surprised that the mounting points are different. I have a PP so no holes on the outside, yet still has the access holes with plugs as I assume all the cars have.

What they are going to do is put a piece of sheet metal further across the interior of the spoiler so you can put the first two screws in the center, then drill a hole on each side (of the spoiler) through the existing outer holes in the trunk. The addition of the metal will give a better mounting point for the screw since screws into fiberglass don't get a very strong bite.

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Just received an update from them:

Ok since we last spoke we pulled the original part and have decided it is easier to match the 2 center holes as we did. Then on the outside we are using the 2 holes that are factory and removing our existing hole. So you will get a spoiler with 6 holes in it and will only utilize the 4 that you need, 2 in the center and 1 on each side. Problem solved, hopefully we will see you order. Wait until tonight as we are offering 5% off

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP