Sponsored

The Spoiler Comany - GT350 Track Pack spoiler

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
Installed mine today and had the same issue :(. I reached out to the vendor for a solution.

With it being fiberglass can I simple drill to small holes and screw in the bolts?
Are the other holes simply drilled into the glass or do they have threaded inserts?
Sponsored

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Installed mine today and had the same issue :(. I reached out to the vendor for a solution.

With it being fiberglass can I simple drill to small holes and screw in the bolts?
Any tape with yours?

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Any tape with yours?
No.

UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with Johnny at The Spoiler Company.

He said we need to use the locator tabs that come with the spoiler and drill two more holes in the deck lid! :eyebulge::crazy::mad:

Looks like I'll be returning it and re-installing the factory blade until I save up for the factory Track Pack spoiler.

I'm disappointed because the item looks great and is a great value.

[MENTION=15339]Chris796[/MENTION] Did you have an existing spoiler? If so did you need to drill the original holes in the deck lid?

Texatl

Insensitive jerk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Prem, 6spdMT, Shadow Black
That's disappointing- in the eBay description it implies no drill. Although I just checked and it says "covers the existing holes" and "easy to follow bolt on instructions".

That's too bad- I was going to order too, but not if it's drilling new holes (I have the blade).

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
No.

UPDATE:
I just got off the phone with Johnny at The Spoiler Company.

He said we need to use the locator tabs that come with the spoiler and drill two more holes in the deck lid! :eyebulge::crazy::mad:

Looks like I'll be returning it and re-installing the factory blade until I save up for the factory Track Pack spoiler.

I'm disappointed because the item looks great and is a great value.

[MENTION=15339]Chris796[/MENTION] Did you have an existing spoiler? If so did you need to drill the original holes in the deck lid?

WOW! Thanks for this. Now I know that unfortunately, as good a value as this spoiler may be, I will not be ordering one :/

Sponsored

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium (Silver Ingot)
As others have reaffirmed - (Thanks btw for calling up) - I'm also dissapointed..but now that i'm 98% of the way there, may as well go the additional 2%.

The way i've handled it, as previously mentioned was to attach the spoiler with the two central holes which holds it in place pretty firmly but its still not 100% satisfactory to me without all 4 screws securely in place. But what this does enable for is an auto-line up the trunks factory holes for you to drill upwards into the spoiler just enough to use the two additional screws provided. I think this is what i'll end up doing this weekend, just hoping that I dont drill too deep or crack the spoiler but it should be relatively straight foward. Keyword "Should" here, because with cars what I've found is straight forward doesn't always end up being the case, lol.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
As others have reaffirmed - (Thanks btw for calling up) - I'm also dissapointed..but now that i'm 98% of the way there, may as well go the additional 2%.

The way i've handled it, as previously mentioned was to attach the spoiler with the two central holes which holds it in place pretty firmly but its still not 100% satisfactory to me without all 4 screws securely in place. But what this does enable for is an auto-line up the trunks factory holes for you to drill upwards into the spoiler just enough to use the two additional screws provided. I think this is what i'll end up doing this weekend, just hoping that I dont drill too deep or crack the spoiler but it should be relatively straight foward. Keyword "Should" here, because with cars what I've found is straight forward doesn't always end up being the case, lol.
DO NOT drill into the spoiler. There are metal pieces in the spoiler that allow the screw to tighten down. I asked Johnny about drilling and he said no! You MUST drill new holes in the deck lid to use the outer two screws.

Also since the inside of the trunk is a double wall construction you have to drill through both, then enlarge the holes so you can access the new holes.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
DO NOT drill into the spoiler. There are metal pieces in the spoiler that allow the screw to tighten down. I asked Johnny about drilling and he said no! You MUST drill new holes in the deck lid to use the outer two screws.

Also since the inside of the trunk is a double wall construction you have to drill through both, then enlarge the holes so you can access the new holes.
Dammit... thanks for this info...

Anyone know their policy on returning this thing? :/ I requested a return to the seller on ebay and waiting for their response -- Probably gonna go ahead and order the GT350 track pack spoiler in the mean time.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dammit... thanks for this info...

Anyone know their policy on returning this thing? :/ I requested a return to the seller on ebay and waiting for their response -- Probably gonna go ahead and order the GT350 track pack spoiler in the mean time.
I requested a return too, we pay return shipping and there is a 20% restocking fee :(

Sponsored

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is anyone with the pp spoiler delete installing this with just 3m tape ?
I don't think it'll work because the spoiler is almost flat on the bottom, whereas the deck lid is curved. The screws would've pulled it down. I have some pics of it half installed that I'll post in a few. I applied 3m tape and add weights for a couple hours, but it didn't work.

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)

WeinerDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT/PP
Is anyone with the pp spoiler delete installing this with just 3m tape ?
That was my intention but maybe not with this unfortunate new information. Guess I'll drill if I must but I'm going to at least try the tape first.

Sorta wishing now I'd have just bought the Steeda and had it painted...

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Out the box:

Underside:

Factory blade spoiler:

Factory spoiler removed:

3m tape removed (pain in the ass!):

'Track Pack' spoiler installed:

Gap without using the outer hole:

Celestias

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jessica
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for illustrating the "gap-issue" for the rest of us - I've been so busy at work with hardly any time to do the install let alone take the photos.. hehe -- This gap is not acceptable to me and neither is having to drill new holes..so a return is in order in my case.
Sponsored