Sponsored

The Never Ending Warranty Issue

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
No, I'm not saying it is a minor issue but others may then go to Ford for every minor issue expecting the same compensation
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Two months is no minor issue, yes the problem was minor and it should of taken two days, but Ford seem to stretch out simple jobs to months.

My oil cooler took three months.
Yet another dealership was able to correct that issue in days.
This ^^

I left that out of my story but [MENTION=28566]V8_MOTOR[/MENTION] had the "known issue" of the firewall grommet causing the leak almost exactly the same time as me, he was in & out in about a week, carpet removed immediately, air dried & then re installed - all good. Oh & he got a Focus RS while he waited!

Similar story with a guy over on mocgb in early 2018, I think he was only weeks in to ownership but again, carpet out immediately, and even replaced as his dealership (in Peterborough) wasn't happy with the fact the carpet had been wet. Of course he had a Mustang to keep him happy whilst he waited.

Knowing this, imagine how I feel after 4 months, 3 weeks with no courtesy car, a Fiesta, then Mini Clubman! :headbonk: just more salt in the wound for me.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Think of the petrol money you saved.

Dealers hate me because I look like a tramp and make their showrooms look horrible.
That is the one upside, yes. That & the saved mileage - I was averaging about 1k a month.

Usually I would forget it & maybe try to squeeze a free service out of them, but you gotta draw the line somewhere. For me that was after the second visit!

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This ^^

I left that out of my story but [MENTION=28566]V8_MOTOR[/MENTION] had the "known issue" of the firewall grommet causing the leak almost exactly the same time as me, he was in & out in about a week, carpet removed immediately, air dried & then re installed - all good. Oh & he got a Focus RS while he waited!

Similar story with a guy over on mocgb in early 2018, I think he was only weeks in to ownership but again, carpet out immediately, and even replaced as his dealership (in Peterborough) wasn't happy with the fact the carpet had been wet. Of course he had a Mustang to keep him happy whilst he waited.

Knowing this, imagine how I feel after 4 months, 3 weeks with no courtesy car, a Fiesta, then Mini Clubman! :headbonk: just more salt in the wound for me.
Misunderstanding, I'm not calling your issues minor - I'm just saying if Ford give you compensation then I'd keep quiet on it :)

Supersolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
I'd be slightly concened about what appears to be initial corrosion around the head of the weld stud in your picture.

Obviously water isn't meant to be in that area, especially for such a prolonged period of time and so it would appear any 'E' coating and paint in that area may have been overwhelmed by the persistent presence of water there.

It's an extremely labour intensive task, but I'd feel happier if the discolouration around the head of the weld stud were investigated and if corrosion was found, that area be cleared and re-painted.

In my opinion, solicitors, lawyers, are a last resort and should only really be considered once both parties have made genuine attempts to address the issue and once communication may have broken down.
I wouldn't seek services if a solicitor unless I was prepared for a potentially long and costly case.
Better to agree a resolution with Ford if possible, an arbitrator will expect to see evidence of both sides having tried to resolve the mater themselves, before going to abitration/court.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In my opinion, solicitors, lawyers, are a last resort and should only really be considered once both parties have made genuine attempts to address the issue and once communication may have broken down.
I wouldn't seek services if a solicitor unless I was prepared for a potentially long and costly case.
Better to agree a resolution with Ford if possible, an arbitrator will expect to see evidence of both sides having tried to resolve the mater themselves, before going to abitration/court.
^^^this

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
They should compensate you for not having your car for 2 months and extend the warranty to 5 yrs.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Are there any examples of anyone receiving financial compensation from a warranty issue?
mate of mine went for warranty, his cam caught the service guys slagging him off, he got free lowering springs.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Interested to see how this pans out for you in the UK.

Im going through something similar here in NL. Warranty is up in July and ive had a broken Navi for more than 12months and broken AC for the 2nd time, which they are refusing to fix as they say they cant risk their A/C gassing machine.

Ive just escalated to national customer service level today. Should have done it sooner, but I was giving the dealers the benefit of the doubt.

Car has been to the dealer approx 20 times since new. Usually for two days at a time. So now at 40 days without the car. Until very recently never a courtesy car either (my local dealer now gives me Connect Vans for free, which is something I suppose).

Ive been told by the cheif tech of my local dealer group to jog on with the sat nav now. No fix available. They are not willing or able to changeout major computer parts, which is what of course is needed.

Total and utter joke. Ford are (in general) are an absolute disgrace when it comes to these things. How can a new car such a Mustang go to a dealer 10 times (10!) for a faulty sat nav and still not be fixed?!?

Good luck. I think you will do better than me, as theres often still a semblance of customer service in the UK. Here in NL unfortunately not.

Unless I get some joy in the next week or so, ill be lawyering up, which is such a massive shame.

Sponsored

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
I do hope this is the end of it. Though for me, I suspect this would be the end of ownership as well. I'd always have that nagging feeling (been there, done that!)

I echo the above; my first question would be that since I haven't "owned" the car for several months, that I question why I'm paying for it....
This is the reason I’m no longer a owner. Fell out of Love with mine after the oil cooler incident. Never felt happy with it after

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This is the reason I’m no longer a owner. Fell out of Love with mine after the oil cooler incident. Never felt happy with it after
Well it’s gone a long way to putting me off if i’m honest, it hasn’t, but my mind certainly started wandering down that road.

OP
OP
Kristian87

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Update...

Picking the car up this afternoon :ford:

The cherry on the cake?

They broke my gear knob :lol: I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Due to be changed anyway - got the GT350 shifter, and of course they will reimburse me. So no dramas.

Excited :D taking this afternoon off work, so should have time to give it a clean when I get home, ready for my first meet of 2018 on Saturday :)

mad murph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Fighter Jet Grey Mach 1
Update...

Picking the car up this afternoon :ford:

The cherry on the cake?

They broke my gear knob :lol: I couldn't help but chuckle at that.

Due to be changed anyway - got the GT350 shifter, and of course they will reimburse me. So no dramas.

Excited :D taking this afternoon off work, so should have time to give it a clean when I get home, ready for my first meet of 2018 on Saturday :)
Good luck Kristian, I hope for you it is finally sorted. Enjoy the drive :headbang:
Sponsored