The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Snow seems to have mostly melted away but temps are supposed to be down to -4 tonight. She's coming out with me tomorrow so we'll see how well it handles icy conditions. Already planning my route to avoid hills starts away from lights, etc haha
Engage the snow mode
Make sure you give us a bell how it is, I know for a fact the GT slides quite a bit in the snow but the EB doesn't slide half as much.

To my knowledge as well, the Pzero's do 'ok' on gritted roads or semi gritted just have to be a bit more cautious. Think it's more a driving without slamming the accelerator, which will be a pain for me when I get mine as we've got a 1/2 mile stretch between the house and the road that's gritted which I love to rag my car down...
Sponsored

snake bite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords of course
No snow here, 35 degrees Celsius at the moment

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Cringed scraping ice off the windows this morning. De-icer seems to be totally useless these days, spray it on , wait a bit and watch it freeze up again.

Sponsored

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Cringed scraping ice off the windows this morning. De-icer seems to be totally useless these days, spray it on , wait a bit and watch it freeze up again.
Does the Mustang have a quick clear windscreen considering it's a Ford?

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
Does the Mustang have a quick clear windscreen considering it's a Ford?

Nope. Ford lost that patent years ago by the way, anyone can fit them now. Don't think the Americans know about them though.

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
Nope. Ford lost that patent years ago by the way, anyone can fit them now. Don't think the Americans know about them though.
I'd heard they still had it although they let other manufacturers use it under license (i.e. they pay Ford money).

Luckily I have a garage, so don't use the quick clear on my Focus ST that much. I have the garage, but no Mustang to go in it (yet).

Hammer Time

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Auto
No heated front screen ffs :frusty:

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
No heated front screen ffs :frusty:

You sit so close to the screen the wires would be a distraction to be honest, also whilst it is moderately useful for a few weeks a year they're expensive to replace, cause issues with gps signals & toll charge passes.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You sit so close to the screen the wires would be a distraction to be honest, also whilst it is moderately useful for a few weeks a year they're expensive to replace, cause issues with gps signals & toll charge passes.
They normally have a section at top, near mirror that you put devices , for toll charges etc

Timewarp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST 2.5L
In the modern implementation the wires are so small you wouldn't notice them. GPS problems seem to be a thing of the past also - never had any issues with TomTom or my phone.

OP
OP

Big_G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Fastback
In the modern implementation the wires are so small you wouldn't notice them. GPS problems seem to be a thing of the past also - never had any issues with TomTom or my phone.

The Vignale I had a loan of had them & they were constantly noticeable. Think it's one of those things where once you realise they're there you're constantly aware.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Love the heated screen on my Mondeo; which will be living outside once my Mustang arrives. Only notice the wires occasionally in very low sun. If you can see them any other time you're not looking where you are going.

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Rubbing alcohol and water in a squirt bottle. Can also try mixing rubbing alcohol into your wiper sprays, usually works quite well.
Sponsored