Sponsored

The Livernois HPFP upgrade ... a second and better high pressure fuel pump upgrade

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Yes to me the key is going to be the volume it will flow. The other one at 35% more is not enough to run a high HP Ecoboost on E85 without added AUX fuel. But this one from Livernois might have a more fair price tag attached to it without other vendors having there hand in the till.

Need confirmation and cost on the HP fuel line, and volume at what pressure.

Exciting times !!!
Is that why the other vendor stated you have to upgrade the LPFP in the tank as well? Because from my recollection they stated it was to be able to provide enough flow to the HPFP, so if that 35% unit needed an upgraded LPFP then if that explanation stands then the Livernois Part may need one too at 100% increased flow. I know this has been discussed to no end at this point, but I am still not seeing anything from Livernois to solidify what we already have stated (HPFP, LPFP and injectors) is a steep upgrade, although it would keep the install clean over adding rails etc. To me however it seems more productive to add port injection for the added benefits.
Sponsored

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
[MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] Any updates on this? Potential release date?
The 3.5 F150 pump is available currently. The 2.3 pump is still approx 45-60 days out with hopes of an earlier release.

Is that why the other vendor stated you have to upgrade the LPFP in the tank as well? Because from my recollection they stated it was to be able to provide enough flow to the HPFP, so if that 35% unit needed an upgraded LPFP then if that explanation stands then the Livernois Part may need one too at 100% increased flow. I know this has been discussed to no end at this point, but I am still not seeing anything from Livernois to solidify what we already have stated (HPFP, LPFP and injectors) is a steep upgrade, although it would keep the install clean over adding rails etc. To me however it seems more productive to add port injection for the added benefits.
We have not had to upgrade the LPFP, or injectors for a standard pumpgas build. E85 may pose that at some point but all testing so far shows just an upgrade to the pump being sufficient.

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
The 3.5 F150 pump is available currently. The 2.3 pump is still approx 45-60 days out with hopes of an earlier release.

We have not had to upgrade the LPFP, or injectors for a standard pumpgas build. E85 may pose that at some point but all testing so far shows just an upgrade to the pump being sufficient.
I wouldn't expect there to be on pump gas unless you were requiring more fuel overall to support a very high horsepower level. Given the octane limitations of these engines, I think the hopes for the HPFP upgrade is that it will support E85, preferably without running out of headroom on the LPFP or the injectors. I think this will depend on the overall fueling requirement to support one's horsepower goals. The stock turbo is not capable of maxing out the LPFP or the injectors, the bottleneck is the HPFP for that application.

Bigger turbo I would say the LPFP would need to be upgraded to support anything north of 400whp on E85.

I'm not sure where the limit exists on the injectors when e85 is involved. Perhaps someone can do the math on BSFC for boosted engines (75%) on e85 and determine where the stock injectors run out of capacity.

Thanks [MENTION=11090]Livernois Motorsports[/MENTION] for the update, hopefully we will have some good news on this very soon.

5.0yote

AKA Bananana & 3.7Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase

So basically something like an E30 blend or 25 PSI on a stock turbo may be doable with just the HPFP but anything beyond that or a big turbo upgrade then the other supporting mods will be needed then...

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
So basically something like an E30 blend or 25 PSI on a stock turbo may be doable with just the HPFP but anything beyond that or a big turbo upgrade then the other supporting mods will be needed then...
There are 2 stages of pump, Standard would handle a bigger turbo and pump gas or stock turbo on high boost with e85. The Severe, which would be released shortly after possibly even coinciding with would be able to utilize most, if not all builds.

Sponsored

TEXAS HEAT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 A10
Stock turbo @ 25psi on E30 is within the realms of the stock HPFP. My biggest concern is running the stock turbo @ >24-25 psi out to redline on e30. The engine will likely be very knock prone which would require greater ethanol blends and richer afr's to mitigate this, and ultimately the turbo is really out of it's efficiency zone. I think good power can be made with e85 on the stock turbo though, but a greater concentration of ethanol is needed to realize those gains.

DontoMelbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future EB Vert
There are 2 stages of pump, Standard would handle a bigger turbo and pump gas or stock turbo on high boost with e85. The Severe, which would be released shortly after possibly even coinciding with would be able to utilize most, if not all builds.
I see on FB that Livernois provided a HPFP to someone, is this officially available for the EB?
Sponsored