The Life of Daily Driving a 5.0

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I've posted this before in other threads but for some weird reason, pickup trucks love to mess with me.

Today I was out at lunchtime and coming up a 35 mph hill in track mode, and a ricer was waiting to turn left across my path down the hill. He watched as I approached and when I passed he did a floor-it buzzy fart-can rev and I laughed out loud. Dude, I'm not even thinking about you. It was like a peacock spreading his tail.
Sponsored

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Nope, I daily drive and pretty much nobody cares or tries to race. But muscle cars aren't as common in Utah for some reason, so that may be why. Also may depend on your car's color or how modified it looks.
Identical experience here. My Bullitt is pretty much stock (aside from sidemarker lights and clutch spring) and most people don't really recognize it because of the lack of pony badges and nobody really cares.
Which is nice. I might also have a slight resting bitch face? :sunglasses:

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I get compliments all the time but not really anyone who wants to race. Mine is 100% bone stock, so I’m not looking to set any speed records that’s for sure. I like it just the way it is.
F560A45C-70B6-406A-A497-34B0A7D96D6C.jpeg
Whenever I travel for work I create a mod list to do with per diem money and stuff. Once I get home and drive it, I forget about 99% of the things on that mod list because the car is just so great.

Sponsored

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Whenever I travel for work I create a mod list to do with per diem money and stuff. Once I get home and drive it, I forget about 99% of the things on that mod list because the car is just so great.
Exactly, don’t fix it if it isn’t broken right? I understand trying to make your ride unique but damn some people have $15k+ in parts sitting in their garage before they even get the car. If there’s one mod I would do it would be replace the resonators with an h-pipe to give it a little more growl.

cpilch78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150
Why ? Why does EVERY single sport car try to race me? Especially MOPAR cars weather it be a challenger or a truck. I swear everyday on my way home there's someone pulling up next to me reving their engine or someone sees me and pulls up quick on my tail and tailgates me until they can get side by side.

Maybe it's my corsa extremes ? 🤔 maybe they're jealous of mustangs? Who knows! But it's annoying because getting a ticket, jail, impound, or safety of others ain't worth leaving them in the dust for self excitement.

Does this happen to anyone else?
Yes! Don't know why they do it. I've never tried to start a race on a public road and won't. Guess I'm too old to care. It's annoying when you just want to get home.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Exactly, don’t fix it if it isn’t broken right? I understand trying to make your ride unique but damn some people have $15k+ in parts sitting in their garage before they even get the car. If there’s one mod I would do it would be replace the resonators with an h-pipe to give it a little more growl.
H/X pipe highly recommended. I went with X and loved it. Did axle backs too but mainly because the factory stamped mufflers look like trash even though they sounded great. More than happy with the current setup with Steeda axle backs.

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Yes! Don't know why they do it. I've never tried to start a race on a public road and won't. Guess I'm too old to care. It's annoying when you just want to get home.
I haven't even done a real burn out in my car and almost 20k miles in. I did do a donut in the snow but I believe in "testing" the limits of the car so you know what to do in certain situations but far from showing off or racing.

truckinguy92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Performance Pack
H/X pipe highly recommended. I went with X and loved it. Did axle backs too but mainly because the factory stamped mufflers look like trash even though they sounded great. More than happy with the current setup with Steeda axle backs.
I’m just waiting for the warranty to expire before making any modifications. I don’t want to give Ford an excuse not to warranty should something catastrophic happen. I know others have said that Ford needs to prove the modification caused the failure, but I don’t believe it for a moment. Warranty work cuts into profits and manufacturers don’t like cutting into profits.

I see yours is a fraternal twin of mine. LOL

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
I’m just waiting for the warranty to expire before making any modifications. I don’t want to give Ford an excuse not to warranty should something catastrophic happen. I know others have said that Ford needs to prove the modification caused the failure, but I don’t believe it for a moment. Warranty work cuts into profits and manufacturers don’t like cutting into profits.

I see yours is a fraternal twin of mine. LOL
In the past I've not once had an issue with a mod denying warranty work but now days I wouldn't put anything passed anyone. The wife picked the color because I didn't really care when I ordered but I absolutely LOVE the Ruby Red!

balzee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Balaji
Vehicle(s)
2021 mach1
Lucky me so far , not many ppl where i live care about my car . Apart from a VW polo trying to race me no one else has tried to race me

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
I honestly rather have that issue, lol. I just want to go to my destination in peace!
Me too, but Ive run into cars that I would have loved to have a run in with.(For Example a Demon) They just straight up don't even look over.

No one tries to race me , we have had some undercover highway patrol rolling in 5.0's though.
Those two cars are dangerous, my father-in-law works with them. They are no joke out there trolling people.

Jhonda

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt pp1
Ever since I put the long tube headers on, everybody is wanting to run me(if it’s safe I will give them some action.) It didn’t happen so much before the headers but maybe it’s because they can hear me before they can see me now. Have yet to be beat yet from a roll. Fastest cars were a hellcat charger, and a 2020 Carrerra s

OP
OP
Muhnopoly

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Ever since I put the long tube headers on, everybody is wanting to run me(if it’s safe I will give them some action.) It didn’t happen so much before the headers but maybe it’s because they can hear me before they can see me now. Have yet to be beat yet from a roll. Fastest cars were a hellcat charger, and a 2020 Carrerra s
Tuned? Regular 5.0 or mach1?
My coworker has a widebody scatpack charger and it has like 20 more HP? So whenever I see one I'm like ehhh it will probably beat me from a roll
Sponsored